Croissants, Custard tarts or Cherry wine?? Here are just a few delicious reasons to visit all 3 cities in 2018!
Re-opening of the Crillon Hotel
After 3 years of renovations the luxury Hotel is reopening this Spring in Paris, with a new courtyard and 55ft swimming pool, revamped brasserie ($$$), divine tearoom for high tea, sizeable spa, the jazz bar, and the cigar bar. A FAVOURITE!
10 Place de la Concorde 75008 Paris - MAP
Opening of the biggest restaurant in Europe in Paris
Hip restaurants Ober Mamma and Big Love Cafe attract the longest queues in Paris. In 2018 the Mamma F group open the biggest restaurant in Europe in Paris with 1,000 covers, "the best pizza in the world”, 3,000 square metre space on the Seine banks with tables in vintage train carriages, four kitchens, a bar and an outdoor terrace, open 24 hours seven days.
NEW Restaurant 'DOWN UNDER BY Justin Jennings'
IF Portugal's traditional bacalhau and feijoada are not quite what you had in mind, this unique fine dining restaurant features fine Australian gastronomy fused with Asian flavors. (And, yes, kangaroo and crocodile are on the menu!)
Rua dos Industriais, 21 Sao Bento, Lisbon 1200-685 - MAP
6 Foods to MUST try in Lisbon
1. Polvo à lagareiro - octopus roasted in olive oil served with boiled potatoes.
HAVE it here: Cervejaria Ramiro - Av. Almirante Reis, 1 1150-007 Lisbon, Portugal
2. Alheira - smoked sausages fried or grilled- delish!
HAVE it here: Pastelaria Baixa Chiado - R. do Crucifixo 94, 1100-061 Lisboa.
3. Cozido (stew) - sausages, pork and beef, peeled potatoes, cabbage, carrots, green beens. It sounds (and looks) awful, but the intense flavours are delicious.
HAVE it here: Restaurante Os Courenses, Rua Jose Duro 27, Lisbon 1700-259
4. Bacalhau à brás - flaked cod, pan-fried withpotato chips, creamy scrambled eggs, black olive and parsley. Supreme comfort food!
HAVE it here: A Casa do Bacalhau, Rua do Grilo 54, Lisbon 1950-145
5. Croquettes: delicious cod balls deep-fried and amazing - crispy outside with creamy flaky cod inside
HAVE it here: Croqueteria - Mercado da Ribeira, Lisbon
6. Pasteis de Nata - devilish custard tarts
HAVE it here: Manteigaria - Rua do Loreto 2, 1200-108 Lisboa, Portugal
BEST Port wine tasting house in Porto?
If you only have time for one, make it this one:
Taylor's Port Cellars - Website
Beautiful mansion with gorgeous garden setting to enjoy your various Port wines overlooking the city and river. 12euro for a tour with tastings or 4euro by the glass
Taylor's Wine Cellar - Rua do Choupelo, nº 250
4400-088 Vila Nova de Gaia, Portugal
TIP: Make sure you have enough time to wander around this magical medieval Port wine cellar village of Porto. It's an enchanting labyrinth of cobble stone streets and hidden cellars (if you have time and the liver for more)