Max guests: 10
King (or twin): 1
Twin beds: 1
Bus - Bergerac to Eymet 50 mins
Street: Rue Traversiere, 24500, Eymet
Level: G (with lift)
Nearby: Chateau de Monbazillac
1 guest: 95.00 euro/night
2 guests: 95.00 euro/night
3 guests: 95.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Lovingly restored boutique hotel style apartments and townhouse set in a quiet street of a charming, yet lively 13th century bastide village called Eymet. Bubbly New Zealander Leeann and French Antiques dealer Guy, invite you to come and experience some French/Kiwi hospitality where nothing is too much trouble. The Dordogne, Lot et Garonne and Saint Emilion are all within easy reach hence maison N°20 provides the perfect base for exploring one of the most beautiful regions in France.
Within this charming townhouse are 3 impeccably presented apartments, one per level, for you to choose from.
Apartment un is a 44m2 1 bedroom apartment ideally suited for a couple or couple with a small child. It occupies the whole of the top floor of the building and offers you a bird’s eye view of the neighbouring houses. Wake to the sun streaming through the chateau style slated shutters which provide dappled light. For more details on Apartment Un click the image above titled 'Apartment Un'.
Apartment deux is a 70m2 2 bedroom apartment. It sleeps 4 adults + 1 child. This apartment is located on the first floor of what was previously 2 buildings and has now been combined to form one apartment. It is perfect for a family or two couples as the bedrooms are very separate as the bedrooms are divided by 2 solid exterior walls. For more details on Apartment Deux click the image above titled 'Apartment Deux'.
The Petite Maison is a 123m2 1 bedroom plus extra loft as a second sleeping space. It is a self-contained, French love nest perfect for deux or a small family, complete with stylish kitchen equipped with SMEG appliances, cosy and luxurious lounge with its own fully stocked DVD and book library, extra large Louis XVI style bedroom with a super king sized bed. For more details on 'Petite Maison' apartment click the image above titled 'Petite Maison'.
Breakfast is included in your room rate. Every morning you will find a basket waiting for you outside your front door with croissants and a baguette. If you like, Leeann will even make you some of her famous organic muffins, which vary depending on the season. You will find coffee, a variety of teas, jam, organic muesli, fruit juice and milk in the apartment. For those who prefer to eat in our dining room, continental breakfast is available by request.
About the Village:
- The 13th century bastide village of Eymet is situated in the Dordogne, about a 90 minute drive south east of Bordeaux and 20 minutes from Bergerac.
- It sits on the banks of the river Dropt at the convergence of differing yet complementary landscapes, architectures and economic activities.
- Eymet was founded in 1270 and is situated in a region that was the centre of historic rivalry between the English and the French and as a result the countryside is still rich with fortified towns, Bastides, chateaux and Romanesque chapels.
- The village boasts some impressive architecture, including La Place de la Bastide with its fountain and extensive pedestrian zone, the 14th and 15th century houses dotted around the centre and the ruins of a medieval chateau. Thursday is market day in Eymet where a large range of local produce can be bought and you will find a shopping basket in your apartment.
- There are markets, on other days, in most of the other towns in the area. In the summer there is a night market on a Tuesday night which is always lively. The Dordogne region is famous for its wine and food. There are many widely known vineyards in the region including Graves, Medoc, Monbazillac, Sauternes and Sainte-Emilion.
- The local wines are Bergerac and Duras and these are available at very reasonable prices.
- Eymet is a dynamic village with many shops, bars and restaurants, all of which are only a couple of minutes walk away.
Nearby Chateaux and Bastide Towns:
- Visit stunning Chateau de Monbazillac or the very interesting Chateau de Bridoire which offers medieval games, fun for all ages.
- Prehistoric caves at Les Eyzies
- Bastide Villages – Monpazier, Monflanquin, Villereal, Beynac and Domme
- Chateau de Montaigne
- Visit the ancient and truly gastronomic city of Périgueux
- Wine regions around Bordeaux include world famous chateaux including Chateau Margaux, Chateau d’Yquem, Chateau
- Mouton Rothschild, Chateau Latour and Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
- The beautiful town of St. Emilion is 45 mins drive away.
- Learn about the 13 regional appellations in the Bergerac Wine Rooms housed in the 16th century Recollects Cloisters before heading out to the vineyards for tastings.
- Booking Service fee is necessary to secure this home. This service fee is non refundable at any time. However it remains a credit for up to 12 months should guests cancel at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- Deposit payment of 30% of the total amount is due next to the host/owner - within 7 days of booking. Guests will be sent a registered invoice from the home owner directly.
- The balance of payment must be received 30 days before the date of arrival. The owner reserves the right to retain the deposit if cancellation is made less than 30 days of arrival.
- If the balance remains unpaid after the due date the owner reserves the right to regard the booking as cancelled and shall be entitled to retain the deposit.
- For bookings made less than 30 days prior to arrival date immediate payment of the total cost is required.
- The client is strongly advised to take out travel insurance which includes cancellation costs.
are valid from 2 pm on the day of arrival to 10 am on the day of
departure. However, this may vary according to flight times and guests should contacttheir host directly to confirm arrival estimates times.
- Cancellation should be made in writing or by email. Cancellation will apply from the date of receipt of the written cancellation advice.
The following charges will apply:
- < 2 months (56 calendar days) to > 1 month (28 calendar days) before arrival - Deposit amount
- < 28 days or less prior to arrival date - 100% of total cost
- In the unlikely event that specific accommodation ceases to be available as booked the owner will refund the client all monies paid including owner deposit.
- Full details of key collection will be confirmed once final payment has been made.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
The 13th century bastide village of Eymet is situated in the
Dordogne, about a 90 minute drive south east of Bordeaux and 20 minutes
from Bergerac. Eymet was founded in 1270 and is situated in a region that was the
centre of historic rivalry between the English and the French and as a
result the countryside is still rich with fortified towns, Bastides, chateaux and Romanesque chapels. The village boasts some impressive architecture, including La Place
de la Bastide with its fountain and extensive pedestrian zone, the 14th
and 15th century houses dotted around the centre and the ruins of a
medieval chateau. Thursday is market day in Eymet where a large range of
local produce can be bought and you will find a shopping basket in your
The local wines are Bergerac and Duras and these are available at very reasonable prices.