Getting to and from Paris:
There are three main international airports serving Paris: Roissy-Charles-de-Gaulle International Airport, ORLY Airport and Beauvais- Tillé Airport. You are likely to arrive at Roissy-CDG from international flights through major airline carriers. You may arrive at Orly or Beauvais airport if you are traveling with a low-cost company or from another European city.
There are various ways to reach Paris from each of these airports via public transport or taxi. Information on each of these methods are detailed below. However we recommend to all our lovely guests that a private driver is stress-free, comfortable and much easier, as Paris is notorious for its difficulty reaching the city by train and the metro system in particular (no escalators in many metro station, many stairs, narrow walkways and passages etc).
Petite B&Bs works with a professional English speaking friendly chauffeur that will be waiting for you at the airport on time, water and refreshments provided, your driver will text or call your host for you when departing the airport as well as on arrival at the B&B/apartment, they will not leave until your host has appeared and finally, they shower you with plenty of city tips and advice on the way. The service is 120euro RETURN – or 70EURO one-way from CDG.
Arriving at CDG (Charles de Gaule International Airport)
Take the RER Train:
Step 1: At CDG airport follow the easy-to-spot signs to the RER trains downstairs from arrivals at Terminal 2 (if you land at terminal 1 you can reach terminal 2 via the internal airport trainlink). Purchase tickets at the machines (in English) approx 10.30euro. It takes approx 40 minutes to reach Gare du Nord Train station - one of the main central stations in Paris.
Step 2: At Gare du Nord station, using the same airport ticket, switch to the underground Paris Metro suburban trains and catch the metro line that will reach the Metro station closest to your B&B. Your Petite Paris Booking Confirmation document will specify your homes closest metro with directions to your home.
Visit the Aeroports de Paris website - We recommend looking at the Metro train system, maps and routes before arriving to become familiar with the metro system – though it is very easy to navigate. A great website we recommend that offers maps, schedules and guides is: www.parisbytrain.com
1. RoissyBus operated by RATP, the Paris regional public transit authority.
The Roissy Bus operates from Opera Metro station (corner Rue Scribe and Rue Auber) in the centre of Paris - ideal for travelers staying in a B&B near here. It is 12euro one way per person an operates from 5.15am to 12.30am For more details click HERE
2.Noctilien Night Bus operated by RATP, the Paris regional public transit authority. Operating from approx 12.30am to 5.30am, view full schedule and details on the RATP website HERE
3. Air France Bus: leaves from all terminals and service all airlines and operate between 6h30am and 10h30pm depending on the routes. Depending on your B&B location, you may pick the bus routes accordingly.
Available throughout Terminals 1 and 2. The average taxi fare will be approximately 50-90 euros ONE WAY, depending on the destination within Paris, traffic and time of day. The average journey time by car is 40 minutes.
From ORLY Airport
1. ORLYVAL - From Orly airport you can take a high tech automatic shuttle called Orlyval – that will get you to Antony train station, from Antony train station switch to the RER-B train line to Paris. There are multiple stops in Paris and you can pick the one closest to your B&B/apartment The main stops are Denfert-Rochearou, Notre-Dame-St-Michel, Chatalet-Les Halles, Gare du Nord. Approx 12euro per person. for more details, schedules and timetables visit the ORLYVAL website HERE
2. ORLYBUS – approx 8euros will get you from ORLY airport to Denfert Rochereau in Paris. From this station switch to the metro line that will take you to the metro stop closest to your B&B or apartment. Your Petite Paris Booking Confirmation document will specify your homes closest metro with directions to your home. For more details, timetable and schedules visit the ORLYBUS website HERE.
3. Taxi from Orly airport are approximately 50-80 euro’s ONE WAY.
For Orly & Roissy-CDG, you will find all the information you need on the Aéroports de Paris website; for RER & bus schedules, click here.
From Paris-Beauvais Airport
The furthest airport from the centre of Paris this airport has a shuttle service approx 13euros that will take you to Porte Maillot Metro stop (in the West of Paris) It is approx 1hr and 15min bus ride. From here travelers will need to take the train to the centre of Paris.
Private Beauvais airport shuttle offers connections either to Paris, Roissy-CDG or Euro Disney.
The SNCF also has a TER (express regional train) service to the city of Beauvais, then you will have to take a taxi approx 15-25euros (25-45euro at night)
Airport official website with full suttle details CLICK HERE