Max guests: 3
Sofabed (double): 1
Metro: Terreiro do Paço
7 min walk
Street: Travessa das Merceeiras
Level: Ground (with lift)
Nearby: Sé de Lisboa Cathedral
1 guest: 105.00 EUR/night
2 guests: 105.00 EUR/night
3 guests: 130.00 EUR/night
Minimum nights: 1
Max guests: 3
For travelers looking for the unusual and the authentic our Petite Lisbon B&B home is the epitome and historic and luxury living. In a former abandoned 18th Century coach house is our impeccably renovated and furnished self contained Lisbon apartment. Magically renovated to suit modern standards yet retaining the old structure and historical features of the building, ancient brick ceilings, stone sink, arched doorways etc. The overall ambience is one of old-world nostalic charm and comfort. A unique accommodation in Lisbon, Portugal.
In our Lisbon private apartment guests will find one bedroom, a kitchenette that is fully equipped and ready for cooking, a charming cosy living room with TV and free cable and wifi and a bathroom. For guests comfort our Portuguese owners and host the loveliest Teresa who has years of professional industry experience, offers hotel quality services like daily cleaning and laundry services, fresh delicious and generous breakfast made with local products.
This apartment in Lisboa is located conveniently right in the old town of Lisbon, Alfama village with the famous iconic Tram 28 right around the corner that will take you on a journey through all of Lisbon's highlights, through downtown and across the city to all major points. Walking you can reach the famous St Jorge Castle with its spectacular views overlooking the whole city and the famous Tejo river; and you can walk 10mins to the famous Rossi square too and the bustling cosmopolitan Avenida Liberdade with its upscale boutiques and classy cocktail bars. The home is also 10minutes drive from the airport - making it overal the ultimate location and base to live and explore in Lisboa, Portugal.
A special note from your host:
In 2007 looking for a place to buy, I found "the house", at the time it was the studio of a sculptor and originally a coach house from a building, facing the main street on the way up to Saint George's castle. The coach house from the 18th century was completely abandoned, but the decision to rebuilt it was taken due to its beauty.
During two years the designers carefully brought the building up to the most modern standards without destroying the ancient brick ceilings, stone sinks and arched doorways, mixing it all up with contemporary furniture, lovely fabrics and pastel colors, giving a particularly restful feeling to the atmosphere. And the apartment was open to the public in 2012.
It was a" journey" for us to rebuilt the place for you, we hope you enjoy your stay in Lisbon and in the house, as much as we enjoyed our "journey".
About the apartment:
The main living space is composed of a double sofa bed, dinning
table with 4 wooden chairs, satellite plasma T.V., wireless
internet, central heating and a fully equipped kitchenette with
stove, microwave, refrigerator,and clothes washer and
This space is decorated in shades of silver and terracotta with a cosy and comfortable atmosphere.
The bedroom is on the 1st floor on a open space with two single beds, a closet area and a beautiful bathroom with shower, also in shades of silver and terracotta,you will enjoy the ancient brick ceilings and the feeling of comfort in an ancient superb environment, where you will feel like resting after one day walking and discovering the city...
For the comfort of our guests stay we will provide daily
cleaning with the changing of bed linen and bath towels
whenever necessary, and we also provide all the products you
would need to prepare a nice morning breakfast.
On a daily bases you will have on your apartment coffee,cocoa,milk,sugar,tea,oranges to prepare your orange juice, fresh bread,something sweet,butter,home made jam,fresh fruit, eggs, ham and cheese.
If you have any preference or dietary restrictions please let us know by mail before your arrival.
- Deposit payment is required to secure this apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Note: This is one of our special homes with unique host that is only available to book via email; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap. If available, Petite B&Bs will send you the automatic booking checkout page to proceed simply and securely to the deposit payment page as above.
- Once deposit is sent the home/room is immediately secured and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Cleaning is included in the price
- Daily breakfasts
- Towels and linens
Check in and Check out:
- Your host/apartment owner Teresa will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if the request it prior to , if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know prior to arrival.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Deposit paid to secure the apartment is non refundable at any time. but remains a credit to guests if cancellation is made at least 30 days prior to arrival. This credit will go towards another booking with Petite B&Bs. Credit expires 12 months from the date of cancellation.
- For cancellations within (and inclusive of) 15 days prior to arrival, full balance payment is charged.
- We strongly recommend our guests take out travel insurance in case of any sudden cancellation.
- Please refer to the full Petite B&Bs Terms and Conditions prior to booking for for more details and for changes to bookings.
- Teresa does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your hosts apartment is wifi
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Clothes Hanger
- TWIN Beds
- Luggage Rack
- Shelves storage
- Bedroom Balcony
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Gourmet Tour
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Yoga class
12/07/2018 by Gay Cooper
Comment: We were so thrilled with our accommodation it was everything and more. What was advertised was delivered and to our great joy breakfast was included with lovely surprises left each day in a linen bag, (croissants and sour dough) and ham and cheese, yoghurt and fruit. We were spoilt with washing done and servicing each day which also was unexpected. Our host is also a guide of Lisbon (soon to retire) and this gave us a huge advantage to discover more in Lisbon. Certainly would recommend to anyone who wants to be part of the old town and experience true hospitality.
About the Neighbourhood
Your Lisbon home is located in between the old
Lisbon historic village and the commercial downtown area, perfect walking distance to both! (Your host will provide you an area map). Directly in front of the house is the old
Roman theatre (worth a visit), the river Tagus on
your right hand side and straight up the hill is the cities most famous attraction the 16thC Sao Jorge Castelo
breathtaking views of the city. From here go down to Alfama
district, the most typical Lisbon neighbourhood, a colorful and cobblestone labyrinthine of alleyways, typical bars to have a 'Ginginha' - a local cherry liquor - and listen to 'Fado' songs playing in one of many restaurants or bars. We recommedn enjoying a drink at sunset at Portas do Sol before diner in one of many lively restaurants near your home. From your home you can also reach easily shopping areas 'Rossio' and 'Baixa-Chiado'.
We also recommend the following places near your home, walking distance:
- Chapito a Mesa - amazing cultural centre and night spot with outdoor terrace restaurant and bar overlooking the city, and fado live traditional music each night, 7mins - MAP
- Feira da Ladra - weekend flea market, passing the national Pantheon building along the way (climb to the top for amazing city views) 15mins - MAP
- Pois Cafe - our fave little cafe in Lisbon, lined with bookshelves, in a converted old stone factory building, delicious, friendly and good value, 5mins - MAP
- O Eurico - a wonderful lively traditional restaurant on a picturesque corner of this old village, music at night, 9mins - MAP
- Graca do Vinho - a bright happy open wine bar in the nearby Graca neighbourhood, 9mins - MAP
- Portas do Sol - must see this gorgeous sunny miradouro lookout point with cafe kiosk for drinsk enjoying the surise, daylight or sunset, 4mins - MAP