Max guests: 9
9 min walk
Street: Costa do Castelo, Lisboa
Nearby: São Jorge Castle
1 guest: 99.00 euro/night
2 guests: 109.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Max guests: 9
Stay at our special magical and most prestigious located B&B in Lisbon; a family-run charming, intimate and quaint welcoming home where you will enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view over Lisbon in a private intimate atmosphere in one of 4 private guestrooms with ensuites. Our highest rated Lisbon Bed and Breakfast!
Sitting high up above Lisbon on one of the 7 hills of Lisbon and also directly next door to the most iconic attraction the 'Castelo Sao. Jorge', lies our wonderful historic Lisbon accommodation and family-run residence from the turn of the century, run by local Portuguese native and your host Joao and his team of B&B helpers.
Our Lisbon B&B is hidden among gardens and terraces surrounded by lemon and orange trees. Take a stroll through its gardens and climb the art deco spiral staircases to the tiered level gardens and touch the walls of the castle while enjoying the breathtaking view over the old town and the river Tejo over a glass of wine.
Our privately managed residence and unique Lisbon guesthouse is right in the middle of Castelo quarter and adjoins other equally beautiful and sought after neighbourhoods like Mouraria, Alfama and Graça. Our residence which is next to the castle overlooks the town centre. All important points are easily accessible: Baixa Rossio and the Praca de Figueira, the Restauradores and many more historical sights are literally steps away from our house.
About the Rooms
On the 4th floor and in the attic Joao offers four beautiful double rooms and one seniorsuite where you find tranquillity and exclusivity in the heart of Lisbon combined with a private privileged atmosphere.
The view from our windows is a special treat: to the south the Old Town and the river Tejo and to the North the nearby castle and our terraced gardens.
All rooms in our Lisbon accommodation are comfortably equipped and individually decorated. Distinctive wooden panels, double-doors, wooden floors, extraordinary moulding and the winter garden in the rear area of the residence depict an impressive life style of Portugal. Please select click on each room above to read each description and see individual room photos.
All rooms in our recently renovated Lisbon B&B are equipped with medical mattresses. For our health conscious visitors it might be important to note that we renovated with natural building materials only. All the wood is unpainted but bee-waxed.
Every room has a private bathroom which is individually decorated with beautiful tiles and wooden panels.
All rooms are equipped with wireless Internet access.
There is also a lovely living room at disposal for our guests with views over the city with books and magazines to enjoy.
Note: Joao does not live at this residence, he lives across town, but he is always accessible should you ever need anything and he is always at the B&B each morning preparing and serving your breakfasts. This is the perfect time for you to chat to him, ask questions about Lisbon and get some wonderful tips and advice. The entire home is left privately for guests during the days and evenings - we ask guests to respect the home, cleanliness, and quiet. There is NO visits allowed without explicit request and approval from Joao.
About Breakfast Service
Breakfast is served at this Lisbon B&B in the winter garden which is next to the garden terrace. It consists of fresh Portuguese bread rolls and pastries with butter, honey and jams, local cheeses and ham, cereal selections with milk, fruit plate, homemade cakes, tea, coffee and orange juice. From the terrace you can reach the upper gardens where you can relax in cosy seats and deckchairs and enjoy the magnificent panoramic view.
In the evening whilst enjoying a glass of wine on one of the terraces above the lights of Lisbon one experiences the tranquillity and seclusion which comes from this unique and meditative place.
For our health conscious visitors Joao is happy to provide wholesome food, like wholemeal bread, organic mueslis and fresh fruit salad .
- Deposit payment is required to secure any of the rooms in Joaos home, via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts only available to book via special request (email); for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will navigate and guide you through the very swift, secure and easy booking process as detailed.
- Once deposit is sent the home/s is immediately secured and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Towels & Linens
- Daily breakfasts
- Your host/apartment owner Joao will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2-7pm. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Joao DOES NOT ACCEPT arrivals check-ins after 7pm! PLEASE NOTE THIS!
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know.
- Check-out by 10AM - luggage can remain in the apartment until departure if guests request it prior, Joao will confirm if possible.
- Deposit paid to secure the apartment is non refundable at any time.
- This is one of our RARE B&Bs that has no cancellation policy. Cancellations are possible anytime and no balance payment is due to your host. Note: Deposit paid to Petite B&Bs is always non refundable and for at least 15 days prior to arrival, that deposit remains a credit for 12 months to go towards a new booking with Petite B&Bs. Cancellations within 15 days and deposit payment in forfeit.
- Please refer to the full Petite B&Bs Terms and Conditions for for more details re: changes to bookings.
- Joao not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your hosts apartment is wifi equipped
- No smoking in the house at any time.
- Please be aware that our Guesthouse is located at the 4th floor and that there is no lift which could cause difficulties for guests with disabilities.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
This colourful labyrinth of old cobblestoned streets in Alfama village winds down from 14th century Sao Jorge Castelo where our B&B lives, with sweeping views of the city and River Tejo. From your home base you will enjoy daily traditional village life, watching the locals go about their daily lives, medieval buildings, quaint cafes and eateries and hole-in-the-wall wine bars selling Ginja (traditional sweet wine) and sangria, from 1 euro; and hear traditional 'fado' music floating through the air. From your B&B walk to: Se Cathedral, Castelo, the National Pantheon (climb to the top for amazing views), Sao Vicente and spectacular viewpoints Miradouro de Graca, Miradouro Portas do Sol, admire the Azjules (tiles) at Jardim Julio de Castilho. Finally, take the No 28 Tram as it rattles and screeches through the winding streets.
We also recommend the following places, walking distance from your B&B:
- Chapito a Mesa - amazing cultural centre and night spot with outdoor terrace restaurant and bar overlooking the city, and fado live traditional music each night, 9mins - MAP
- Feira da Ladra - weekend flea market, 13mins - MAP
- Pois Cafe - our fave little cafe in Lisbon, lined with bookshelves, in a converted old stone factory building, delicious, friendly and good value, 9mins - MAP
- O Eurico - a wonderful lively traditional restaurant on a picturesque corner of this old village, music at night, 2mins - MAP
- Graca do Vinho - a bright happy open wine bar in the nearby Graca neighbourhood, 7mins - MAP