Max guests: 6
Location: 5ème – Quartier Latin
8 min walk
Street: Rue Bouffon
Level: Ground (with lift)
Nearby: Jardin des Plantes
1 guest: 179.00 euro/night
2 guests: 199.00 euro/night
3 guests: 230.00 euro/night
4 guests: 278.00 euro/night
5 guests: 319.00 euro/night
6 guests: 339.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Welcome to your peaceful haven in Paris. In front of the beautiful Jardin des plantes in the Quartier Latin and steps from the Seine River, Marie-Françoise welcomes you to your own private Paris apartment, available just for you, yet her own home is right upstairs, making her easy to reach and always available for any help or tips should you need it. Each morning Marie Francoise will deliver warm drinks, croissants and baguettes to you. A private Parisian home with classic B&B service, 'le meilleur des deux mondes' (it's the best of both worlds)!
On foot you can also reach the famous Rue Mouffetard, the oldest open street market that is a long winding cobble stoned lane of endless gourmet fresh food stores, wine stores, cafes, restaurants and bars, ideal to pick up groceries to cook meals at home. The Maubert weekly markets and the picturesque Place Contrescarpe are within 5 minute walk too for endless cups of coffees and kirs. Finally the Odeon and Boulevard St Germain are easily reached within 10 minutes.
Calm but in the full heart of Paris, this accommodation is perfect for the family, especially if you seek privacy and independence in a self contained home but also want the assistance of a warm, friendly Parisian hostess to offer you invaluable city advice and recommendations. At Marie Francoise’s home, guests are welcomed as friends: she is a warm, welcoming, professional and experienced host. In her private home upstairs she offers a classic B&B guest room also for 2 more guests.
About your host:
Marie-Françoise is in her sixties. She's keen on archaeology and an ex-wife of a diplomat, and also has spent twenty years abroad. She has been offering 1 guest room and a private studio to visitors since 1998. She says, "it's an opening to the world and allows me to practice my knowledge of foreign languages". She speaks good English and Italian and has some knowledge of Spanish.
Marie-Françoise only works twice a week and will soon retire. It was in order to remain active and increase her income that in 2006 she bought another apartment in the apartment building she lives in to offer as a private B&B home. She knows, above all, that what she is good at is hospitality and entertainment.
In this apartment you would be completely independent but if you desire a day of sightseeing, ring Marie-Françoise’s door anytime and share a fresh drink, coffee, tea or an aperitif with appetisers with her, asking about guided tours, or walk and plan a time that works for you both. She is very friendly and helpful and she will help you book a restaurant, a show, a taxi or even an at-home hairdresser.
About the apartment:
Situated on the ground floor of a modern building built in 1992, this cosy apartment is the place to relax and sleep peacefully right in the middle of Paris. The high ceiling in the main room makes it possible to fit it out with a split-level alcove on which the double bed has pride of place. This gives the room a certain elegance. You would also appreciate the terrace overlooking the private Parisian garden of the building.
The main room with a surface area of about 25m2 is neat and well ventilated. It is a pleasant room thanks to the large window which looks onto the greenery of the small terrace. Double drapes are provided at the windows, though images show 1 curtain - photographs are yet to be updated - at this time (May 2016) there are two.
On one side of the Main Room there is a rostrum/split level with a double bed (140x190) hidden behind a wrought iron guard-rail and a large bookcase filled with a few books, objects and souvenirs Marie-Françoise keeps.
On the other side, the living room with a table and three wrought iron chairs (folding chairs are available too for a family), a rattan settee (2 seats) with cushions, a rubber fireside chair and a coffee table.
The second bedroom is quiet and luminous, with a double bed 140x190cm, shelves, hangers, side table, lamp and leads to the terrace. Above the bed is a loft with double mattress 130x140cm for 2 young adults accessible by steps. There is 1 metre between the mezzanine and ceiling and a bedside lamp. The mezzanine is not secured enough to welcome little children. Adults must take responsibility for anything concerning access to the mezzanine.
The kitchenette is separate and equipped with a small table and two chairs, a sink, a refrigerator with a freezer, a washing machine, a dishwasher, hotplates, a microwave oven, a small oven, an electric coffeemaker and a kettle, some crockery for 6 persons and basic cooking ingredients: mineral water, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, rice, pasta and of course washing detergents.
It's a classic Paris breakfast! The main ingredients: coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, orange juice, cereals, jam, honey, yogurts, eggs, soft cheeses, bread for toast, fruit cake will be at your disposal, in the kitchenette in quantities large enough for your whole stay.
Every morning Marie Françoise will bring you the warm drinks with croissants and baguette. She may also cook an omelette for you, upon request. Marie highly recommends a nearby baker too for you to buy fresh baguettes and croissants like true Parisians every morning.
To make up for her absence at breakfast time in your private apartment, Marie will be glad to have you visit her place during the day to chat and give you some advice about the popular sights to see.
On request at the same time as the booking and with an extra 20 euros per night, Marie can arrive each morning with a fresh French baguette and croissants, lay the table and cook an omelette. For the same price (depending on her time table and activities), you can have breakfast at her home if you prefer.
About the Bathroom:
The bathroom is equipped with a washbasin, a bath tub which can be used as a shower too.
Toiletries and a hair dryer are available.
The toilet is separate from the bathroom.
To enhance your stay we offer guests staying at this apartment an intimate tour of the city with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. To BOOK this service please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. COST: 100euro for 1.5hrs for up to 4 guests
- Booking fee payment is required to secure this home via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once booking fee is sent the home is immediately secured and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner.
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email. For guests who are happy to wait for or prefer personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
- Towels & Linens
- Self catered breakfast provisions
Check in and Check out:
- Your host/apartment owner Marie-Francoise will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- This Paris accommodation can offer sleeping space for 4 adults, 2 teenagers and a baby. Though Marie prefers (and recommends) not to have more than 4 persons and a child because the water heater is only of 150 litres (heats in the night and afternoon). If you decide to book for 6, you will have to be mindful of saving water.
- No animals are allowed in the apartment.
- If you are 2 people traveling, the double bed on the rostrum (main floor area) will be made for you. If you prefer 2 separate beds, it is possible but you must specify it asap at the time of booking.
- The apartment is non-smoking. Smokers can smoke only on the terrace.
- The apartment is allergy free (no feathers, no fitted carpet). The floor is varnished parquet and bulrush.
- Your hostess sometimes needs to leave Paris to baby sitting her grand-daughter. Marzia a good and serious assistant will help in her place. She speaks fluent French, Italian, German and a little English. She will check on you and will act in Marie Françoise’ name during your stay.
- There is wifi connection in the apartment.
- Adults must take responsibility for anything concerning the access to the mezzanine.
- If you travel with a baby (up to 9 months) Marie can place a cot for you. It is a folding travel cot that is not recommended for babies who can stand up alone as it can be dangerous.
- The single small sofa bed can be used as a bed.
- Your hostess will change the towels approximately every five days. If you wish for her to provide these services more often it is possible for an extra fee (ask your hostess for the price on arrival).
- If you would like to engage in French conversation on a special theme or French lessons, Marie-Françoise is an ex-professor in an American embassy (20 euros/hour).
- If you would like a guided visit of Paris or of the neighbourhood or of a French typical market, according to her availability Marie-Françoise would be pleased to accompany you and to show you the real Paris, not the one in your guide book (15 Euros/ hour). If Marie-Françoise is not available a good friend will be happy to guide you.
- Marie-Françoise offers you a lesson in basic French cooking (20 euros /hour + price of food) and little evening meal (according her availability).
- In the evening, Marie can offer you supper from the simple snack (10 euros/pers) to the gourmet menu (25euros/pers). Please book these evenings on the day of your arrival. The service is not available on Mondays and Thursdays as your host returns home late from work.
- A parking space can be reserved for you for an extra charge of 15 euros per night. Please always ask Marie-Francoise directly about this before arrival.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
25/10/2017 by Ellie Brady
Comment: Hello Regina I hope you are well. Our trip to Paris was really great and the location of the apartment was just perfect! I especially liked being so close to the public gardens and transportation too. Marie Francoise is an amazing host with such a lovely, warm manner. Also she gave us a lot of information that you do not find in the guide books so that was invaluable too. My only suggestion would be a few utensils in the kitchen were old due to overuse. Otherwise many thanks to you and Marie Francoise for making our stay in Paris so enjoyable. I will definitely keep Petite Paris in mind for future overseas trips. Kind regards Ellie
05/08/2017 by Jasmine Pagano
Comment: Marie Francois Turpin bed and breakfast Apartment #285, definitely exceeded our expectations. Marie provided an amazing bed and breakfast experience for us. It was very Parisian and had everything we needed. It was spacious for two people and it was a perfect, clean and quiet location. It was convenient, very close to the river which we walked up and down everyday. Marie provided breakfast every morning and was happy to provide many tips for exploring Paris in only 5 days, she is very knowledgable. Her restaurant tips were excellent, particularly the traditional french restaurant. I believe having a host like Marie and staying in a bed and breakfast was the best way to do Paris especially as first timers as we received the total Parisian experience!!! I would recommend anyone especially families and couples to stay at this bed and breakfast. We have now many amazig memories of Paris and believe this bed and breakfast experience contributed greatly. Jasmine x
23/10/2016 by Marie Harris
Comment: Hi Regina Thank you, we had an excellent time in Paris in spite of it being freezing. I am happy to give you feedback. 1. The location of the apart was absolutely perfect - on the best metro lines for mainline stations and all the tourist sites. Also the neighbourhood is great - full of character, great restaurants, good supermarkets. 2. Marie-Francoise was very welcoming and helpful, an excellent hostess. She was there on our arrival and showed us everything in detail and very efficiently. 3. The breakfast was fine. There was enough kitchenware although not much matching. There was plenty of (quite small) towels in the bathroom. 4. The apartment was smaller than we expected and very full of bric a brac, far too 'busy' for us. The weather was too cold for us to use the balcony unfortunately. 5. The booking service was very good, we had no problems, the information emailed was very comprehensive. I hope you find this information useful. Best regards, Alison Harris
About the Neighbourhood
5ème – Quartier Latin
Directly across the road from the tropical Jardin des Plantes in the Quarter Latin, from this apartment (52m2) with its terrace you will easily reach on foot the Seine River, the famous Rue Mouffetard - the oldest open street market in the city that is a long pedestrian-only cobble stoned passage of endless gourmet fresh food stores, wine stores, cafes, restaurants and bars. The Maubert weekly markets are within 5 mins walk as is the picturesque Place Contrescarpe for endless cups of coffees or coup de kir and the famous Cafe Delmas. The bustling Odeon neighbourhood and the chic St Germain neighbourhood are easily reached on foot or short direct metro ride. Metro and buses are within minutes walk from the apartment.
We also recommend the following secret insider spots walking distance from home:
- Grand Mosquee de Paris - enjoy mint tea and exotic sweets in this hidden cafes (5mins) - MAP
- Place Monge - Sunday fresh local markets 7am-2pm (10mins) - MAP
- Collège des Bernardins - An exceptional 13th-century Cistercian building - houses a research centre, exhibitions of contemporary art, concerts, film screenings, debates, talks and symposiums, a cafe and garden. Last vestige of the medieval University of Paris, (13mins) - MAP
- Place de la Contrescarpe - one of Paris' iconic cafe terraces with old-world ambience and famous Cafe Delmas. It also is at the start of Rue Mouffetard - the old cobble stone pedestrian only street and Mouffetard market lined with cafes, brasseries, patisseries, gourmet shops, wine bars andalways a bustle especially on weekends with street musicians and dancers (14mins) - MAP
- Jardin Tino Rossi - in summer dancing on the Seine. Or enjoy a bottle of wine and cheese by the river (13mins) - MAP
- Le Train Bleu - in the Gare de Lyon train station a jaw-dropping ornate art nouveau style dining room. Anyone who's anyone has eaten here from Salvatore Dalito Brigitte Bardot (16mins) - MAP
- Bouquinistes - the start of the famous antique and rare print book sellers that line the seine river starts 15mins walk from home - MAP
- Carl Marletti - famous must-try patisserie (10mins) - MAP
- Gregory Renard - another MUST boulangerie/patisserie (9 mins) - MAP
- Jardin des Plantes - exploring the depths of the incredible garden - the beautiful Rose Garden, the Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum, the zoo and plenty of winding tranquil pathways (1min) - MAP
- Charming restaurants nearby: U Mulinu (8mins) MAP; La Crete (12mins) MAP; Le trois Carafes (8mins) MAP; Au Bon Coin (11 mins) MAP.