Max guests: 5
Queen (or twin): 1
Location: 11ème - Bastille
Metro: Saint Amboise
1 min walk
Street: Rue de la Folie Mericourt 75011
Nearby: Le Marais
1 guest: 150.00 euro/night
2 guests: 150.00 euro/night
3 guests: 179.00 euro/night
4 guests: 199.00 euro/night
5 guests: 199.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Max guests: 5
Welcome to a real ‘home from home’ in the heart of Paris in an authentic Haussmann Paris apartment with a large balcony and sunny street and skyline views. Altogether in a quaint, desirable typically Parisian neighbourhood that is within walking distance to the Marais, the Canal Saint Martin, Bastille, the famous Boulevard Richard Lenoir Markets and more. Prime and practical positioning to reach all of Paris and in an apartment this is bright, spacious, harmonious equipped with all you need for a comfortable private apartment stay with capacity for up to 5 guests over 2 bedrooms, with a kitchen/diner and private bathroom - and parents can find a spare baby bed if need.
Our hospitable and attentive host Pascal has been offering his apartment to travellers for over 10 years and is of Parisian origin. He offers it as a 'B&B Apartment' meaning this is a private self contained home for guest privacy and independence, yet he delivers breakfasts and remains next door and on hand to assist anytime, for cleaning, changing sheets, and to chat anytime you wish. Pascal welcomes you with the simplicity, warmth and attention that keeps you falling in love with Paris. He is a wealth of Paris knowledge and takes great care in presenting his Paris B&B apartment with wonder and cleanliness.
This is a very pleasant 50m² Haussmann apartment (parquet floor, mouldings, fireplace) with two communicating bedrooms, a kitchen diner, bathroom and exceptionally a large flowered balcony. Located on the fifth floor without a lift, our carefully furnished and decorated apartment is very light and spacious with a view over Paris rooftops.Breakfast is included though not served; the ingredients are left for guests in their fully equipped kitchen and fridge to prepare each morning at their leisure. Staying at Pascals Paris B&B is just like living in your own home and in the apartment next door is your host's home, so whilst enjoying your own space in this B&B private Apartment - an ideal way to enjoy the fantastic city in complete freedom - guests still benefit from a local Parisian host offering tips and advice about the city of lights.
The apartment is fully equipped with a flat screen TV and DVD player. A large choice of DVD’s (French and other language films) is at your disposal. - Internet: wifi connexion gives you broadband internet access. - Books, guides, magazines and maps - in different languages. - Baby bed, ironing board and iron.
The Movida Room: Enjoy a happy display of bright colours that lighten this room thanks to a very bold decor and design approach with a touch of psychedelic flavour to recall the sensual and slightly kitsch ambiance of the films of Pedro Almodovar. But it’s only an unpretentious nod and a wink! There are old fashioned mouldings, parquet floor and fireplace and the overall effect is very appealing, unique and quaintly comforting and at the same time boldly empowering.
There are two single beds in this bedroom (with new bedding), which can be pushed together in this ‘Movida’ room (bedroom 1) where you’ll sleep well into the morning. But if you can’t get to sleep enjoy TV or a DVD with the small selection of movies available to you.
This first bedroom can be converted into a lounge when the apartment is occupied by just 1 or 2 people who would then sleep in bedroom 2 - the 'Africana' room that is next door. This room leads onto the balcony where you can lounge or enjoy breakfast during fine weather.
The Africana Room: Thank to your hosts travels to various parts of the world there are some wonderful memories saved in this room that is testimony to the emotions felt upon contact with marvelous natives - children, women, men and places - in far away worldly places.
You’ll find a warm and comfortable atmosphere by the fireplace. The room has a large bed 140x190 (new bedding). This bedroom leads onto the balcony where you can lounge or enjoy breakfast during fine weather and the great view.
The Kitchen: Pascal wanted this to be functional and aesthetic and so you’ll find carefully chosen new equipment. Kitchen equipment: Fridge freezer, oven and ceramic hob, micro-wave oven, toaster, coffee maker, juicer. A complete set of crockery, glassware, cutlery, pots and pans as well as some basic condiments (salt, pepper, oil, vinegar etc.). Like the two bedrooms the kitchen also leads onto the balcony.
The Bathroom: The simply but thoughtfully decorated bathroom is spacious with a bath and shower, stained glass window that opens onto the sunny balcony. Linen and bathroom products are provided for guests use. There is a hairdryer available.Services Include:
- Breakfast provided on a do-it-yourself basis. Left in the kitchen for you is tea, coffee, drinking chocolate, milk, orange juice, bread, brioche, butter, "home-made” jam, cereals and yoghurts. Guests who want fresh baguettes and croissants in the morning must go to the local boulangerie each morning just like the locals. An authenitc and most enjoyable part of the Paris apartment experience.
- Fresh bedding and bath towels provided and Maid service at the end of the stay.
- Use of all available facilities (internet, Wi-Fi access, large lcd TV with many international channels, DVD player, free phone to many destinations.
- Baby cot, safe, hairdryer, choice of DVD’s, maps and guides of Paris.
- Our host Pascals make it a point of making your stay as smooth as possible by his nearby presence and willing attention and help.
Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Booking fee payment is required to secure this apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once payment is made your booking will be secured and immediately confirmed via email.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner.
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email. For guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
- Your host/apartment owner Pascal will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 12PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- This is a non smoking B&B apartment at all times.
- No pets allowed in the apartment.
- There is no laundry facility at this Paris B&B apartment but there is a self service laundry close by.
- Your apartment is Wifi equipped.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
05/08/2017 by Shivaun & Michelle
Comment: Thank you Pascal for your warm hospitality and charming apartment, for the instructions on the preparation of escargot. But most of all, thank you for “les 2 Pascals tour de paris en vélo” – MAGNIFIQUE !! How lucky we are that our travels led us to your apartment, you have ensured our time in paris, was the “true” parisian experience. A bientôt.
22/11/2016 by Gyll, Les, Bree & Hugh - AU
Comment: We have been looking forward to our trip to Paris for some time and everything came up to expectations, including your wonderful apartment. After hearing about you and the apartment we have really enjoyed being here and meeting you both. We do hope to be back one day. Gyll & Les.
13/04/2015 by Neil Kelly - AU
Comment: Thank you so much for a superb and memorable stay in Paris. We loved the apartment, the balconies, the view, the baker, the neighbourhood, the market and most of all your kind hospitality. Merci. Neil Kelly.
About the Neighbourhood
11ème - Bastille
Our apartment sits between Bastille and Republique, a lively vibrant typically Parisien neighbourhood near the Marais district, Canal Saint Martin (bohemian bourgeois Paris where Parisians gather to picnic), Boulevard Richard Lenoir, Place de La Bastille and its lively markets (one of the largest on a sunday in Paris). Outside your apartment are shops, supermarkets, restaurants, bars, shows, cultural sites and services. From this home you can get around on foot or on public transport for easy access to all major attractions - Eiffel Tower, Montmartre, Notre Dame, Champs Elysees, Louvre and the banks of the Seine with its many bridges. Metros Saint Ambroise line 9, Oberkampf lines 5/9 – Parmentier line 3 are minutes from your door.
We recommend the following local insider places near your home on foot:
- Le 17 - cant miss it downstairs local trendy cafe, 1min. MAP
- Le Perchoir - MUST rooftop cocktail bar, 13mins. MAP
- Aux deux Amies - classic local brasserie, 4mins. MAP
- Au Passage - one of Paris rated brasseries, 8mins. MAP
- Ober Mamma - incredible decor lunch cafe, 4mins. MAP
- Capucine - nearby easy cafe to love, 4mins. MAP
- Pere Lachaise - worlds most beautiful cemetery, 15mins - MAP
- La Bague de Kenza - incredible algerians sweets in this famous pastry shop, 10mins. MAP
- Canal St Martin -for idyllic strolls and picnics, 13mins MAP
- Le Chocolat Alain Ducasse - renowned gourmet chocolatier, 15mins. MAP
- Jaques Genin - another renown Chocolatier, 10mins - MAP
- Bastille fresh markets/flea markets - 13mins. MAP
- Rue Oberkampf - Nightspot for bars, live music, 5mins. MAP
- Merci - concept design/bookshop/cafe, 7mins. MAP
- Le Mary Celeste - hip new Marais bars, 10mins. MAP
- Cafe charlot - best brunch in Paris, 13mins - MAP
- Musee Picasso - 14mins. MAP