Max guests: 6
Queen (or twin): 2
Location: 10ème - Canal Saint-Martin/Gare du Nord
Metro: Gare du Nord
4 min walk
Street: Rue de Faubourg Saint Denis
Nearby: Canal St Martin
1 guest: 129.00 euro/night
2 guests: 129.00 euro/night
3 guests: 199.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
In this guest house feel the charm of the mansions from the old Parisian times, and the atmosphere and luxury of French castles. Your hosts Pascal and Anne-Claude are two of our most experienced Paris B&B hosts, offering guest rooms since 2007. They offer in this refurnished guesthouse plenty of space for guests who want to stay in Paris in a B&B yet have independence and privacy; with an entire separated guests quarter within their home consisting of two guest bedrooms, each with own bathroom, large guests lounge room with tea/coffee, plenty of French or English books and a TV, as well as a dining room of Parisian bistrot style.
About your hosts:
Your hosts Pascal and Anne-Claude bought this apartment in 2010 with the intention of opening several guest rooms in it, having enjoyed many previous years as B&B hosts. They spent three years restructuring and decorating it with antiques to please their guests. So far two guestrooms are offered.
Anne-Claude and Pascale are very professional and experienced. They understand the need for privacy and independence and exercise much discretion yet remain at your disposal for anything needed.
They are in their forties and have one daughter, Anastasia, born in November 2008. Anne-Claude was born in the North of France (Hazebrouck) and has lived close to Montmartre since 1990, her favourite area in Paris, because of its small village look and feel. Pascal was born in Mulhouse and lived for a few years in Switzerland. He speaks fluent German.
They both know Paris very well and will be able to give you great advice for your visits. They love to meet new people and share cultural exchanges and they both love travelling and always stay in B&Bs when travelling. Anne-Claude has traveled all over the world and speaks very good English. Some places she has visited are Thailand, Vietnam, Burma, Indonesia, China, Rajasthan, Colombia, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, US, Hawaii, Senegal, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Yemen, New Caledonia, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, UK. She loves countries which remains wild, such as Yemen and the Andean countries, large spaces but also typical cities and their civilizations.
Anne-Claude is a Client Manager for a large advertising group and is interested in architecture, diversity of cultural activities, she
loves the history of France and of Paris and she attended lessons on the
history of Paris at the Louvre School for more than ten years. She also loves decoration, fashion, gourmet food and culture in general.
Pascal now works on architecture and interior decorating, but he was involved in cooking, delicatessen and pastry jobs in the past, at home in France and abroad, and also in ‘Relais et Châteaux’ (castles). He is more passionate for the historical monuments and for the Parisian life. As he is available enough, Pascal will be happy to spend time to talk with you.
Both hosts like to collect items. Anne-Claude collects hats and items from any part of the world, Pascal has a wide collection of cookers in cast iron (about fifteen, which are now rare in Paris), all the kitchen utensils (rollers for pastry, brass items, cooking molds, butchers' choppers), pictures and former postcards of Montmartre, old books and especially cooking books.
Both enjoy cooking, cinema, theatre, exhibitions, shows, inaugural nights in private and public sites, making them the ideal hosts to recommend what to see and do in Paris.
About the Apartment:
This 200m2 Paris guest house is located on the first floor of a private mansion of four levels built in 1848 which belonged to a bourgeois family who was the owner of most of the land in the area. His descendants remain the owners of parts of the apartments. You will reach the building by one magnificent staircase in the shape of a horse shoe at the street courtyard entry. There is no lift in certain historic buildings in Paris to preserve the internal structure, here guests will need to climb one flight of stairs to reach the apartment once inside the building (note: the stairs are wide and shallow and are an easy climb).
The architecture of this apartment is exceptional. Its ceilings, decorated with moldings 320m high, wooden floor remains from the past, made of ‘point de Hongrie’ (Hungarian style).
The left side of the apartment consists in the bistrot style dining room and Anne-Claude and Pascal's private area. The right wing is completely organized for the visitors and is oriented on a quiet inner yard. This ‘B&B’ side is made of a private living room of 30m2 for the use of the visitors only, decorated with a beautiful fireplace of ornage/grey marble, a mirror with golden frame, a magnificent ornamental woodwork bought in the relay of hunting of the Castle of Lardy and a former map of Paris representing a map of Turgot from 1739 ( 2.50m x 3m).
About Guestroom 1 (#424):
It is 22 square meters (hall 3 square meters, bedroom of 15 square meters, shower room of 4 square meters). Everything is new in this room. The bedroom is very quiet as it looks over the inner courtyard. The decoration of the bedroom is inspired by the bedrooms of French castles, with statues, golden woodwork, decorated with mouldings, former doors, a mirror Empire style, a bed-head and a sculptured golden pediment. It is equipped with twin beds (90cm x 200cm) perfectly adaptable in a Queen size double bed (180cm x 200cm) with a comfortable and firm mattress and ergonomic pillows
The shower room is only for the use of the visitors who are in this 'Louvre suite'. It is ‘en suite’ and is equipped with a sink, the shower is large (90 x 90cm), there is a mirror in a former wooden frame from a castle. The toilets are in the shower room.
About guestroom 2 (#425):
Welcome to the Eiffel Tower Guestroom. It is 22 square meters (hall 3m2, bedroom of 15m2, shower room of 6m2 and dressing area 1m2). Everything is new and just renovated July 2016. It is equipped with 2 twin beds (90cm x 200cm) adaptable in a perfect double bed Queen size (180cm x 200cm) with a firm mattress and ergonomic pillows. An extra single bed is possible for a third person. There is a large Club armchair equipped with a slatted base and a mattress of 80cm wide and the room is decorated with the theme of the Eiffel Tower and the Universal Exhibition, in brown and turquoise tones. The bedroom is very quiet as it is oriented on an inner courtyard.
The shower room is only for the use of the visitors staying in the Eiffel Tower bedroom. It is ‘en suite’ with the bedroom and has a window. It is 6 square meters and is equipped with a sink, the shower is large (90 x 90cm), there is and mirror. The toilets are in the shower room.
About Breakfast service:
Breakfast is served in the Paris bistrot style dining room, equipped with benches, marble chairs and tables. This room has been decorated with great care by your hosts who will be happy to explain their choice when at breakfast. Breakfast is made of warm drinks (coffee, tea, milk, chocolate), fruits juices, viennoiseries (croissants or chocolate croissants), baguette and special bread, home-made cakes, butter, home-made jams, season fruits.
Upon request, your hosts can also offer cereals and/or yogurt.
For an extra 10euros for two people, you can have a egg (boiled, omelet or fried eggs), cheese and ham. Please select these requirements at the time of booking if you would like them.
- Deposit payment is required to secure this Paris B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once deposit is sent the B&B is booked and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
Check in and Check out:
- Your host/apartment owner Anne-Claude and Pascal will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- No pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your hosts apartment is wifi equipped. Conscious of guests sensitivities our hosts offer to limit the wifi 'waves' from reaching the bedroom if guests do not want it.
- Your hosts have a cat named Siam - who will never go to the area for guests or guests bedrooms. However this accommodation may not be suitable for those with allergies to cats as he is free to go everywhere else in the apartment.
- This accommodation do not have any carpets nor feathers in the pillows.
- Upon request, a washing machine will be put at your disposal for free, as well as an iron and iron board.
- Your hosts will be happy to talk with you, especially on the history of Paris (free service).
- If you travel with a baby (less than 3 years old), your hosts can put a baby bed at your disposal for a cost of 15euro per night.
- Your hosts can offer a parking space in there own courtyard for 30 euros per night (24H).
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- FREE laundry service
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Art lessons
- Guided walks
- Cooking lessons
- Home cooked meals
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Wine on Arrival
05/11/2017 by Linda Powell - AUS
Comment: Good afternoon Regina, I am happy to provide feedback on the the apartment as it was a lovely apartment - the bed was comfortable, the bathroom very well set up and it was lovely to have a salon where we could sit and relax. The breakfast was yummy and it was lovely to sit with Anne Claude and Pascal. The apartment was quiet so we slept very well! As hosts they were delightful – welcoming, friendly and so easy to chat with – they were helpful and informative. When we return to Paris we would love to book here again. Cheers, Linda
24/06/2016 by Tracy Ebbetts
Comment: Hi Regina, We have just arrived back from our travels which included the Paris side trip. Feedback is all good. We had a wonderful time. We found the B&B to be more than delightful and our host Anne-Claude was most welcoming. I would suggest that you mention something in the correspondence and description that the outside door on the street is amongst stores as we were looking for something that depicted the picture of the courtyard rather than the door and thought we were lost when we first arrived. It was a welcome find once the main door opened to the courtyard. We had a wonderful time in Paris and we absolutely loved the flat. We had the place to ourselves. We will post a few pics soon. Cheers.
17/09/2015 by Claire Williams
Comment: Anne Claude and Pascal were Perfect and more than helpful. They provided wonderful tips for example to visit the covered passages and great advice. They have a wonderful library of beautiful art and travel books about Paris which I found very helpful. Anne Claude and Pascal are very friendly, kind, welcoming people. Little Anastasia is a dear and we also loved Siam the cat. The apartment is beautifully quiet even though it is right in the middle of Paris. Beautiful home made bread and jams and yoghurt - as a former chef, Pascal provides a delicious breakfast. Great location a few steps from Gare du Nord. Comfortable, quiet, attractive and historic apartment with delightful hosts. It was lovely having the sitting room almost to myself. Regina is amazing. She provides extraordinarily prompt and personalised service. I love Petite Paris and have recommended it to many friends.
About the Neighbourhood
10ème - Canal Saint-Martin/Gare du Nord
This B&B is located on Rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, minutes walk from Gare de l'Est and Gare du Nord, which makes your arrival in and out of Paris easy, and getting around to all of Paris' main sights, attraction and neighbourhoods a breeze. Rue du Faubourg St Denis, formerly Rue Royale, was the direct way between the Louvre and Saint-Denis Basilica where the Kings of France are buried, lined with Haussmannian buildings, boutiques, covered Saint-Quentin market , food shops, restaurants and cafés. It is a very central area: Montmartre (15 min walk), Châtelet (RER B and D, subway line 4), Opera Garnier (subway line 7), Galleries Lafayette and Printemps and Bastille square 15 minutes away. The charming Saint-Martin Canal and neighbourhood is 10mins walk away for quintessential picnics by the canal with the locals.
We also recommend the following insider places near your home:
- Pain et dees Idees - most beautiful boulangerie in Paris with the best pastries (14mins) - MAP
- Le Comptoir General - bohemian and trendy bar with live music, exhibitions (15mins) - MAP
- Cafe Craft - trendy cafe corners where Parisians dwell on laptops over good coffee (12mins) - MAP
- Vivant - incredible art noveau wine bar and brasserie run by a renown chef (12mins) - MAP
- Saint Quentin Market - a great indoor gourmet market to pick up wine, cheeses and other delicious goods for a picnic on the Canal (4mins) MAP
- Eglise St Vincent de Paul - the 'last classic church' in Paris built 1844, exquisite interior and perfect for a moments reverie and escape from the city chaos (6mins) MAP
- Le Bourgogne Chez Maurice et Celine - for a classic, cozy, delicious inexpensive brasserie experience (12mins) MAP
- Ten Belles - cosy cafe with great coffee (15mins) MAP
- Jardin Villemin - lovely park near Canal St Martin (9mins) MAP
- Gravity Bar - sleek cocktail bar (10mins) MAP
- Albion - recommended classic Brasserie (9mins) MAP