Max guests: 2
Location: 9ème - Galeries Lafayette
5 min walk
Street: Rue la Bruyere, 75009, Paris
Nearby: Galleries Lafayette (12min)
1 guest: 99.00 euro/night
2 guests: 119.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Ideally and idyllically located half way between the beautiful Opera Garnier and Montmartre artists village, our B&B Helene is a gorgeous light-filled and tranquil gem in the heart of Paris. Helen is an Interior decorator and has furnished her B&B suite beautifully. It offers a spacious double bedroom and private bathroom and the adjoining lounge room can be booked out also for guests private use only if they wish.
About your hostess:
Your host, Helene, is in her forties and was born in Normandy where she spent all her holidays on the beaches when she was a child. Then, when she was 11, her parents move to live in 'Gers' (South of France) to become farmers and to have a happy country life.
After her studies in Toulouse, she spent one year in London before coming to Paris to study the history of art at the Sorbonne University. She worked in an art gallery presenting old drawings, then worked as the main coordinator for an antique exhibition in Paris. Now, she works as an interior designer.
After spending 15 years in Saint-Germain-des-Prés area, she decided in 2005 to move to the 9th district of Paris that she likes very much. Helene loves Paris, she thinks that it is a city full of surprises, which seems to be unique although each area has its own atmosphere, its population, its soul.She loves architecture and never stop admiring the new creations of the architects, especially in her area where some buildings are amazing.
She is very fond of the "private stories" which remind that Paris has so many secrets. Helene especially loves the museums and the exhibitions, although her area is surrounded by theatres... She also loves opera and classic music and she regrets that the Garnier Opera does not offer more shows. As it is very close to her home, she would go there very often.
Helene likes to share and learn, and also to connect with people from all over the world, this is why she decided to start her B&B in 2009 with Petite B&Bs - one of our first B&Bs since our service began in 2009. She will be able to give you good advice for your visits as she speaks great English.
About the home/B&B:
Built on one of the hills which led to Montmartre, the building is from the time of Louis Philippe. It has been built in the style of the area, with its porch with neo-classic arcades which recall that we are in the heart of the New Athens area. The apartment opens its windows on a lovely internal paved yard full of trees, which allows you to benefit from the sun and a complete quietness.
When Helene bought this apartment in 2006, she had it completely renovated, from floor to windows. As she is from a family of antique dealers, her taste naturally goes to the things which have a history, but she also likes more modern and contemporary ones.
The apartment is located on the fourth floor, without elevator, but Helene helps her visitors to carry their bags when necessary. the home is a duplex with Helene's own bedroom upstairs. From the hall, there is access to the kitchen, the bathroom and the dining-living room which you cross to go to the guest room. Guests DO have the option to book the lounge/dining room as well as the bedroom for an additional fee, if they want to have the private use of a living space. This can be selected at the time of booking/check-out.
About the Guestroom:
The bedroom offered to visitors is 13 square meters, with a beautiful ceiling height of 3,10 meters. It opens on the living room by two large sliding doors. Its decoration is classic and tasteful.
The double Queen size bed (160 x 200 cm) has been put in the middle of an intimate alcove, the grey stripes on the wall gives the room a romantic style. The embroidered curtain of Napoléon III style has been bought in an antique store and the drawings recall that Helene worked in a gallery of old drawings.
Helene has organized the bedroom with a 'hairdresser corner' with two lamps, a mirror and a stool. All the bed linen are 100 % cotton made, there is no pillows with
feathers, the bedside rugs are made of carpets and regularly cleaned
with anti-allergic products. They can be removed upon request, if guests
In order to respect the planet and minimize the risk of allergy, all the paint used for the apartment is without solvent.
There is a wardrobe and 2 shelves for guests use. Please note - the wardrobe has a few personal items of Helene on one side, but 3/4 of the wardrobe space is able to be used by guests. Note: Classic bnbs are real family homes offered to guests for an authentic cultural experience so some personal items can be normal and to be expected in some homes.
The living room which opens on the bedroom with its sliding doors can be put at your disposal for an additional amount of 25 euros per night. Then you will have at your disposal, for your private use only, a entire 'suite' of 32 square meters. With its 3,10 meters ceiling height and its decoration which changes with the seasons (warms colors for the winter, blue in the summer), it is the guaranteed relaxation space.
Helene wishes to emphasize that if you do not ask for the addition of
the living room for your own use, you should only have an access to the
bedroom, except when she invites you to come to the living room. The lounge is not for guests to spend time in except for breakfast and
on your way to to bedroom.
In order that her visitors feel quiet when they just rent the bedroom, Helene asks guests to leave the keys on the piece of furniture which is in the hall when they come back home, so that she knows when you are in and she can be mindful of not making much noise if she is in the living room.
About the bathroom and toilets:
The bathroom is to share with Helene. She will take away all her personal belongings
so that you feel at ease and you will have priority to use it with your own items.
It is not very large (4 square meters), but all the necessary amenities are there. It is equipped with a bath with a shower on the wall, a small wash-basin and toilets.
There too, Helene used her decor experience to make this small room very pleasant. Stones collected on the beach of Deauville are displayed all along the bath and natural wood has been put on the walls.
Bath products, bath towels and a hair-dryer are at your disposal.
About Breakfast Service:
Breakfast is served by Helene in the dining-living room at 8:30am, in front of the window where you can see the trees and hear the birds. After 8.30am breakfast will be let at your disposal for you to enjoy before 10AM.
Breakfast is made of orange juice, warm drinks (tea or coffee), butter, two jams, one croissant per person, "traditional" home made cereal bread or fresh baguette.
Upon request in advance and for an additional cost of 5 euros per person, Helene offers a cold breakfast including one boiled egg, two pieces of cheeses, or a warm breakfast including an omelet or fried egg and ham.
- From Monday to Friday, your hostess has to leave home from 8:30 am till 7 pm. She cannot do any check in arrivals before 7 pm, except exceptionally at the time of noon to around 1 pm, if you ask her personally. Indeed on you can drop your luggage in a reliable business next to to her at any time.
- Hélène cannot do arrivals after 10:30PM / 22H30.
- The bed offered by Helene is a convertible sofa, new and very comfortable. When Helene decided to have this b&b, she wanted to buy this sofa of high quality because at first she thought the people would like to transform the bed into a sofa during the day. In fact, it always remains as a bed. It is very comfortable.
- Your host does not smoke and wishes to receive only non-smoking guests.
- Your host does not have any pets and does not want to have any at her home.
- Upon request, an iron and ironing-board will be put at your disposal.
- The apartment is Wifi equipped.
- Booking of the living room to be 'ensuite' with the bedroom for guests private use only: 25 euros per night. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- Cheese from Normandy tasting (Helene's parents used to have a cheese shop in Normandy): 14 euros per person for a piece of Camembert, one of Livarot, and one of Pont-Lévêque, accompanied with a glass of wine and the famous Helene's home made cereal bread. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- Above mentioned tasting plus salad and home-made dessert: 20 euros per person. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- A bottle of cold Champagne to celebrate a birthday or any particular event: 40 euros. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- A bunch of roses in the bedroom: 20 euros. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- A box of the famous Ladurée's macaroons: you can make your choice on the Ladurée Internet website, and Helene will go and buy them for an additional cost of 20 euros (in addition to the cost of the macaroons approx 25euros). Guaranteed refined surprise effect! This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- A visit of Drouot auction sales, how to buy and sell by auction: guided visit for two hours - 50 euros. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- A visit to the Flea Market and help for the negociations: 50 euros for two hours. This cost is not included into the rate shown in the on-line search, please select this option at the time of checkout to have it added to your total.
- Booking fee is required to secure this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and checkout.
- After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming
- Balance is due on arrival/check-in to your host Helene in Euro Cash.
- Your host Helene will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 7PM. Or between 12pm and 1pm by request only. No check in after 10.30pm
- Check-out by 8.30am after breakfast.
To enhance your stay we offer guests staying at this apartment an
intimate tour of the city with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will
pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and
like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of
Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being
her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She
will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. To book this service please enquire directly with us firstname.lastname@example.org COST: 100euro for 1.5 hours for up to 4 guests.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
9ème - Galeries Lafayette
The area where this B&B lives is known as the 'New Athens' due to the renewed interest for Greece at the end of the 18th century, when the noble constructions of the area were inspired by its classicism. It is where quite a number of artists decided to live. Here you are very close to the Moulin Rouge, the Moulin de La Galette, the Cabaret Chat Noir, where all the middle class Parisians love to come to have fun. At the same time quiet and lively, between Montmartre and Opera, the area is thus very central and you will rapidly reach by foot :
- Rue des Martyrs, which offers lots of shops of quality for food (cheese shops, pastry shops, delicatessen) as well as many small and lovely places to have lunch or dinner.
- Gustave Toudouze square offers a pleasant choice as well for Indian, Italian restaurants ; it looks like a small village square, aside from the streets around, very enjoyable under the trees during the summer.
- Rue Lepic in the famous Montmartre village, with many shops for food, the Moulin Rouge store and the café which became famous after the movie 'Amélie Poulain', better known abroad as 'Amelie of Montmartre'.
- Rue des Abbesses : restaurants and many cafés such as : Un Zèbre à Montmartre, Le Sancerre, ...
Helene keeps a list of all the addresses that she recommends.