Max guests: 3
Sofabed (double): 1
Location: 9ème - Galeries Lafayette
5 min walk
Street: Rue Blanche
Level: 1 (with lift)
Nearby: Moulin Rouge
1 guest: 184.00 euro/night
2 guests: 184.00 euro/night
3 guests: 225.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Max guests: 3
DescriptionWelcome to a luxurious polished professional and charming Paris B&B home, hand-picked for amazing style and service. Traditional Parisian features and a quintessential Paris atmosphere mixed with antique furnishings and a colonial style, you are offered an entire private suite of 37m2 with a large bedroom, adjoining private lounge, bathroom and own private terrace garden all privately enclosed within your hosts' home in a private section of the home. Your hosts are experienced professional B&B hosts and world travellers, as well as writers and artists, they will welcome you like family and ensure your stay is as comfortable and memorable as possible, serving you fresh delicious breakfasts daily and offering plenty of insider tips and advice about Paris.
Located Close to Grands Magasins (Galleries Lafayette, Printemps) to Opéra and to Montmartre, you will be able to enjoy a large part of Paris by foot. You will also be able to use various metro or buses at less than 5 minutes walk.
About your hosts:
Your hosts Helene and Jacques are in their early sixties. Both born in Paris, they will be able to tell you passionately what Paris was like during their childhood and they can recommend some exhibitions or theatre plays which you should not miss.
Their passions: contemporary art, impressionist painters, travelling, reading, gastronomy and architecture. Hélène is at present working on a book about the architecture and frontages of buildings. Jacques' favourite authors are Russians (Tchekhov, Gorki, Tolstoï, Dostoïevsky). Helene's favourite books are The pendulum of Foucault (Umberto Eco) and The Abyssin by Jean-Christophe Rufin.
Working as journalists and movie-writers, their jobs allow them to work at home, which gives them a lot of time for managing and providing wonderful service to their Paris B&B. They always select B&B accommodations themselves when travelling for holidays, weekends outside Paris or business trips.
Helene and Jacquwa have travelled extensively: Canada, USA, Russia, Greece, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israël, Libya, Algeria, Italy, Spain, England, Iceland, the Netherlands and more. Among them, their favourites are Iceland for its nature and landscapes; Russia, for the soul and beauty of Saint-Petersbourg; and the USA (New York and Los Angeles) and (Death Valley) for the beauty of its wild landscapes.
Their aim is to meet people and exchange views with them. They consider hosting a way to open a different window to the world and share their passions and their love for Paris. Both of them speak good English.
Helene and Jacques will be the perfect hosts if you are looking for people who can recommend unusual places to visit which are not listed in travel books, nice restaurants in the area or advice on your visits. Your satisfaction is their main concern and they will do their best to make you comfortable. They offer extra services including selling stamps and selling subway and buses tickets, giving free maps of the subway network and free maps of Paris, as well as lots of travel books about Paris.
About the apartment:
Located at the first french floor (with an elevator) of a Haussmann building built in 1860, the apartment is quiet and very peaceful. It consists of five-rooms within its 120 square meters, including an attic (which is quite unusual in Paris) and a terrace. The attic is a remnant of buildings from last centuries. Your host will explain what its use was at that time.
The decoration is contemporary and stylish. The dining room / living room is open to you when your hosts are at home if you want to relax and chat with them.
About the B&B suite:
Your Hosts offer you a large independent suite of 37 square meters within their Paris home (made up of a bedroom, lounge room, garden terrace and bathroom), which you access through the main entry hall of their apartment. This will guarantee complete independence, if you are looking for it. It is a very convenient place for a family of up to four people to come and go at their discretion.
Entering your private suite finds you in your own private lounge room equipped with a sofa which can be transformed into a bed for two people 140X190, an armchair, a regular chair, an old wooden table, a mini fridge, a set of warm drinks (kettle, cups, tea, soluble coffee, herbal tea, sugar and biscuits, as well as water and glasses) and a small refrigerator, also an antique piece of furniture called ‘bonheur du jour’ made of mahogany (Louis XV style desk), a chest of drawers made of Brazilian rosewood, a cupboard with three shelves and three drawers for your personal belongings and numerous shelves full of travel books (to be read at the house at your pleasure).
About the bedroom:
You will access your bedroom through your private living-room. Your bedroom is equipped with a queen size bed (160cm X 200cm) with a brand new thick mattress, two bedsides and lamps, a wardrobe with large shelf, a white desk table and two chairs, and two suitcases holders. It is decorated with a Norman wardrobe, a Empire style Psyche, and the wall paper with elephants and bamboos gives the room a very ‘colonial’ style.
Note: If you are 2 guests and wish to book the sofa in the guests adjoining lounge room as a bed (to sleep separately) please note the rate is NOT for that of 2 guests but the rate for 3 guests = 225euro per night). Please request this arrangement at the time of booking if needed.
The courtyard garden terrace:
The terrace is exclusive for guests, accessible from the guest bedroom and adjoining lounge room. A green flowering tranquil space to enjoy drinks, coffee in the morning, an aperitif at night or a moment to yourself. This little yard is between the two buildings that make up this apartment 'block' as it's very bright and covered with greenery. Its access is only for you, either through your private living-room or your bedroom. Its ground is covered with Scandinavian wood and there are lots of plants and flowers. Finally, it is equipped with a table and chairs. In the summer, your hosts offer a lounge chair. Peaceful nights rest are assured at this Parisian B&B suite.
About the bathroom:
The small shower room (2m2) is for your private use. It has a window (which is rare in Paris) and provides much daylight. It is equipped with a large shower, a wash-basin, a shelf and a little cupboard.
Helene has also put at your attention bath-robes, towels and bath products, as well as a hair dryer.
About the Breakfast:
French breakfast is served by Helene and Jacques in the dining-room or, when the weather is fine you can have it on your private terrace. It is classic; you will enjoy homemade jams and the quality of the fresh products, among which the traditional ‘baguette’ (bread) and crispy croissants and other home made pastries, such as cakes or pancakes.
Your host always offers coffee, tea, warm milk or chocolate, fruit juices, cereals, yogurts and butter.
If you wish, for an additional cost of 5 euros per person (to be paid on your arrival) you can also get cheese (gouda, emmental), ham and hard-boiled eggs.
- Upon request, Hélène will give you pillows with or without feathers. The beds are always made with a ‘couette’ (feathered quilt).
- Your hosts are able to sell you stamps (cost to be paid to hosts), tickets for subway or buses (cost to be paid to hosts), maps of the subway network ‘RATP’ (free) , and map of Paris (free) as well as several travel books about Paris (to be read at home).
- You can receive telephone calls and can make calls with a pre-paid card, only when your hosts are at home.
- Your home is wifi equipped however your hosts are happy to lend their laptop to guests to check emails.
- An iron and iron-table are at your disposal.
- If you travel with your baby or young child (3 years max), your hostess may offer for free a baby bed.
Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Deposit payment is required to secure this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once deposit is sent the B&B is booked and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
Check in and Check out:
- Your host Helene and/or Jacques will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- There is a small friendly cat at this apartment (please note this if you have allergies) however your hosts do not accept other pets in the home.
- Your hosts do not smoke and prefer non-smoking guests. Smokers are accepted if they are respectful and only smoke on the terrace outside their bedroom NOT inside their room or suite
- There is no mini-bar in your suite but your hosts offer to put your drinks, fruits or medicine in their own refrigerator. Moreover, if you travel with a baby, they will warm the feeding-bottle or food for the baby. No cooking in their kitchen is allowed.
- If there are two people and you want the sofa in the private living-room
to be prepared as a second bed so that each of you has your own bed, it
is possible. Just ask for this when you are enquiring; the price to be
charged then will be the same price as for three people = 225euro per night.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
05/08/2014 by Sandra
Comment: Just thought I’d touch base with you re our time in Paris 30/6 to 8/7, and to thank you again for your contacts with such B&Bs, etc. Jacques & Helene were wonderful hosts, and the virtual ‘apartment’ we had while there was comfortable and charming. We enjoyed their company very much, with lots of conversations in French, and Jacques gave us many pointers to small, very interesting museums etc. nearby. Breakfast each day was absolutely delicious and quite varied from day-to-day. We had a lot in common with them re interests and viewpoints on various subjects, so it was a really enjoyable experience. We would love to return to them next time we go to Paris. They were so kind as to shower us with a couple of small bottles of Champagne, a bowl of cashew nuts and a lovely photographic keepsake booklet of the Right and Left banks of Paris – all this to help celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary (7th July). We were really blessed by them. Sincerely, Sandra.
About the Neighbourhood
9ème - Galeries Lafayette
Our B&B is located in the 'La nouvelle Athènes'
area, perfectly tucked between all the main sights, attractions and
neighbourhoods, yet utterly quaint, residential and authentically
Parisian - rub shoulders with locals not tourists. Located between the Moulin Rouge and the Notre Dame de Lorette church and the Galeries Lafayette department store, most sights are within reach within 10mins of foot or by metro - The Louvre, Tuileries Jardin, Place de la Concorde, Opera, Palais Royal, Place Vendome, Notre Dame in 15mins. Rue Martyrs with its markets, gourmet shops, cafes and restaurants, and in 5mins reach the artists village of Montmartre , Rue Abbesses, Amelie Cafe, and Sacre Coeur Basilica and Place du Tertre in 20min.
We recommend the following insider places near this B&B:
- La Musee de la Vie Romantique and its secret cafe garden (2mins) - MAP
- Musee Nacionale Gustave Moreau - the 18thC eccentric painters dark and mysterious home and studio (7mins) - MAP
- Rue Victor Massé - quintessential art noveau architecture and historic water fountains and sculptures on this street and its tranquil squares (7mins) - MAP
- L'entree des artistes - an artists local cafe/brasserie haunt to mix in with today's bobo's (bohemian French artists) and foodies (6mins) - MAP
- Rue des Martyrs - local bustling street with gourmet shops, cafes, boulangeries, patisseries, wine bars, restaurants, boutiques and more. Visit Rose Bakery, Sebastien Gaudard Pastry, Cafe Marlette or KB Coffeeshop. Head Up the hill to reach the heart of Montmartre ( 8mins) - MAP
- Bistro des deaux Theatres - classic brasserie 3 min from home - MAP
- Cafe de la Paix - pricey but iconic cafe brasserie to enjoy on your way to the centre (15mins) - MAP
- La Terrass - gorgeous rooftop bar and restaurant and outdoor terrass with view (9mins) - MAP
- Montmartre Cemetary - tranquil quaint and very enchanting with elaborate tombstone's (12mins) - MAP
- Cafe Pouchkine - most decadent of tearooms (13mins) - MAP
- Le Bon Georges - the ultimate classic Parisian brasserie with traditional fare, simple but elegant and charming (8mins) - MAP
- Le Vin au Vert - an extra stretch at 16mins away, a delightful classic wine bar to enjoy over platters of cheese, meats and other delights - MAP
- Buvette - a closer-to-home option for the classic wine bar experience (7mins) - MAP
- A L'Etoile d'Or - unique candy store with old-fashioned candies from all over France (4min) - MAP
- Gontran Cherrier - Award winning boulangerie in Paris (12min) MAP
- Studio 28 - Movie night with the Parisians. English subtitled movies at this art house cinema (10min) MAP