Max guests: 3
Location: 9ème - Galeries Lafayette
Metro: Trinité - d'Estienne d'Orves
3 min walk
Street: Rue Jean-Baptiste Pigalle, 75009
Level: 6 (with lift)
Nearby: Opera Garnier & Montmartre
1 guest: 140.00 euro/night
2 guests: 155.00 euro/night
3 guests: 175.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Max guests: 3
Welcome to this incredibly charming boutique rooftop/terrace Paris B&B at the foot of the Montmartre hill, a very classic historic and luxury style Haussmann building. Situated on the top floor (with lift that has unique glass stained/painted walls), boasting Sacre Coeur views from the large 22m2 balcony terrace on one side and the bell tower of the Holy Trinity and the rooftops of Paris on the other.
This is one of those very special and rare homes. Made even more special thanks to Isabelle and Jacques beautiful, sweet, sincere and attentive hospitality. Professional yet personal and discreet they are genuine travel lovers, lovers of meeting new guests and sharing a perfect home with guests. They have renovated their home especially to suit the boutique B&B service offering guests their own independent suite with private entry from the hallway, next to their own homes entry. These are the only 2 doors on the 6th floor. Isabelle and Jacques understand the need to connect and create personal experiences with guests but also understand the very important need for privacy and independence to come and go at ease.
About the neighbourhood:
It is only a short 8 min walk to the Moulin Rouge and the start of famous Montmartre village, a 10 minute walk to the mesmerising Opera Garnier and Galeries Lafayette. Live in a charming residential village that is changing and becoming 'trendy' with Parisians away from the touristic crowds with many new and wonderful restaurants. What's more, a metro station 3 minutes away takes you direct to Madeleine, Concorde (the start of the Tulieries Jardin and the Louvre) and on to the beautiful St Germain des Pres on the left bank. Despite this wonderful proximity and easy access to transport to some of the major sights of Paris, this home is perfectly tranquil with double glazed windows in the B&B suite and throughout.
In addition, secret little museums are near the home too, e.g. Musee de la Vie romantique and Musee Gustav - an absolute delight and must-see. This is truly an ideal base to enjoy Paris.
About your hosts:
Isabelle and Jacques are one of those very special people that run a truly perfect Paris bed and breakfast experience. It is a rarity to find such devoted and attentive hosts where no detail goes unnoticed. But even more than this, they are so kind, welcoming, sincere, positive, happy and accommodating. They have been offering their B&B to travelers for years and are very experienced and understand what guests are looking for in a boutique Paris B&B homestay. Privacy and independence, yet rich intimate cultural immersion experience living with Parisians in well-kept historic homes.
Your hosts used to live in the Latin quarter 5eme with their 2 children but moved to this neighbourhood of Paris, as it was Isabelle's dream to open a B&B somewhere in Paris having stayed only in B&Bs during her travels. So they began to hunt for a home and as soon as they saw this apartment (in fact the first that they visited) they knew this was the perfect home for them. Being lovers of travel they will be obliged to share their travel stories with you too.
Guests who stay with Isabelle and Jacques are assured wonderful communication and comfort as Isabelle is a very attentive and accommodating host who always goes above and beyond to offer information, assistance and advice to her guests.
Isabelle, having previously worked in special event management, has maintained her sense of adventure and pleasure in meeting and welcoming people from around the world. Jacques, a reporter and photographer, is pleased to share his photos, which decorate the apartment and can also be found in his sixteen travel books, which you are welcome to enjoy.
"Following a professional life begun in the communication and the special event management sectors, having lived in Cambridge, Fargo (USA), Madrid, and having travelled extensively, I have finally realized a life-long dream: welcoming, meeting, and exchanging with guests from around the world in an elegant, cozy, and unique setting by opening a bed and breakfast in Paris" - Isabelle
About the home:
As soon as you enter the main home, which is the way to the lounge and terrace you are greeted with incredible historic features and personal style; namely the beautiful moldings and the books and pieces of art and photographs. In the living room where you are welcome to relax, you’ll find books about Paris and other places and a working fireplace. The large dining table is where breakfast is served in the winter. The terrace is also available anytime for you to enjoy a drink and enjoy the view (in Spring/Summer as winter is usually too cold).
About the guest bedroom:
Your well-equipped, private room of 21m2 is located on the same landing as the family home on the 6th floor, though it has its own separate private entry so guests do not have to enter their hosts home. Within their suite they have a private bathroom ensuite with shower, sink and WC toilet. This charming elegant and bright guestroom is furnished with contemporary furniture and top-of-the-line bedding. It is generously sized, very peaceful and quiet and you can see the tip of the Sacré-Coeur from one window and the lovely rooftops from the other. This room has been very thoughtfully decorated with a double bed (160x200cm), contemporary and refined decor, a work table, a reclining seat to rest or read in, a table lamp, tea/coffee making facilities. To complement your experience, you will find photos of Paris on the wall. A baby-cot is available and can be placed for free for children under 2 years.
About the bathroom:
The bathroom is private and ensuite for guests only, accessed from within the private guest bedroom. There is a spacious walk-in shower and a private toilet. The bathroom is in a contemporary style: Italian-style shower, counter top and basin lit by spot lighting. The bathroom and the toilet are en-suite and private and towels and linens are provided.
The breakfast is the ideal moment to exchange and prepare your visit with Isabelle's wonderful help and tips to maximize your Paris experience. French breakfast is served by Isabelle daily in the lounge or weather permitting on the beautiful terrace. Tradition and fresh it consists of bread, croissants, butter and jams, pastries, homemade cakes, seasonal fruits, yogurt, orange-juice, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Barring any particular needs, breakfast is 8am - 10am.
At this Paris B&B you have free WiFi access. There is standard heating. No air conditioning but a fan can be provided during summer months. (Note: Paris Summer average is 24degrees, it is generally not a warm summer/city, hence most apartments and owners do not have air-con; it is infrequently used or needed.)
Note: Please be advised that there will be roof repair works on this building from approx. February to June 2018 which means some noise from 8am to 3pm Mondays to Friday only. If you plan on being out sight-seeing most of the days this should not affect your visit.
NOTE: Bottle of wine on arrival is only offered for stays of 5 nights or more. However, your hosts is very happy to prepare a delicious arrival platter of cheeses and a good wine for a cost of 40euro. After booking you are able to contact your hosts to request this service directly according to your wishes.
Add-on Service:Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Deposit payment is required to secure this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and checkout. After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner. OR via bank Transfer PRIOR to arrival. Guests can contact their host directly for bank details to transfer payment this way if they prefer to arrive in Paris with no cash on hand.
- Daily cleaning fee
- Towels and Linens
- Daily breakfasts
- Babybed - free for babies under 2 years.
- Wine on arrival ONLY for 5 night stays or more.
Check in and Check out:
- Your host Isabelle will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 11AM
- No pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your host's apartment is WiFi equipped.
- For stays over 3 nights Isabelle can help with laundry if you do not wish to use a laundromat.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
06/09/2018 by Kirsten Tyler
Comment: Thank you Isabelle and Jacques - we appreciated your hospitality, your bright and welcoming personality, and your cakes!! Your location, the bright spacious and clean bedroom and ensuite are comfortable, light and airy. We hope to be back in the future - Kym and Kirsten
20/08/2017 by Robyn & Ross Kentish
Comment: "We had a fabulous time in Paris and thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Isabelle and Jaques. they were truly fabulous hosts, very warm and friendly and extremely helpful with their maps and information on how to get around and what to see. I found their accommodation excellent, your own room and bathroom out of their main complex but very welcome into their apartment as well. They gave us our choice of Aussie breakfast being eggs and toast which was great. It was great to share a glass of wine with them in their home and have many chats. Unfortunately the weather did not allow us to have breakfast on the balcony as it was wet most mornings. Not to worry as we did get to have a few sits on the balcony in the evenings. Isabelle is such a warm and friendly person , she was just gorgeous. Although Jaques did not speak much English it was not a real problem as he was such a nice guy and Isabelle was there most times to help out with the translations. The stay with them was a real highlight of the trip. We loved it. I am so glad I saw your add in that Sunday paper Escape Magazine!! Bye for now Thanks for your assistance those many months ago in finding this place in Paris to stay. Cheers Robyn
About the Neighbourhood
9ème - Galeries Lafayette
Our B&B is located in the 'La nouvelle Athènes' area, perfectly tucked between all the main sights, attractions and neighbourhoods, yet utterly quaint, residential and authentically Parisian - no tourists. Located between the Moulin Rouge and the Galeries Lafayette department store (7mins walk away), most sights are within 10mins on foot or by metro. The Opera Garnier 8 mins away on foot, as is Montmartre - Rue Abbesses, Amelie Cafe, Moulin Rouge, and the Sacre Coeur Basilica (15mins on foot) giving you a panoramic view of the city and Place du Tertre next to it. On metro in 10-15mins reach Place de la Concorde, Tuileries jardin, the Louvre, the Seine River, Châtelet, Opera, Palais Royal, Place Vendome, the beautiful Madeleine church and surrounding area (home to the famous Ladurée pâtisserie ). The metro is only 3 mins. walk from your home.
We recommend these insider places near the B&B, on foot:
- La Musee de la Vie Romantique and its secret cafe garden (5mins) - MAP
- Musée national Gustave Moreau - 18thC eccentric French painters dark and mysterious home and studio gallery (4mins) - MAP
- Rue Victor Massé - quintessential art noveau architecture and historic water fountains and sculptures on this street (8mins) - MAP
- L'entree des artistes - an eclectic artistic haunt and local cafe/brasserie to mix in with today's bobo's (bohemian French artists) and foodies alike (7mins) - MAP
- Rue des Martyrs - a quaint local bustling street with gourmet shops, cafes, boulangeries, patisseries, wine bars, restaurants, boutiques and more. Visit Rose Bakery, Sebastien Gaudard Pastry, Cafe Marlette cosy cafe or KB Coffeeshop - MAP
- Bistro des deaux Theatres - classic brasserie 1 min from home - MAP
- Cafe de la Paix - pricey but iconic cafe brasserie (12mins) - MAP
- La Terrass - rooftop bar and restaurant with view over Paris (15mins) - MAP
- Montmartre Cemetary - very enchanting Montmartre cemetery to admire artistic tombstone's you wouldn't expect (14mins) - MAP
- Cafe Pouchkine - treat yourself to the most decadent of tearooms (10mins) - MAP
- Le Bon Georges - ultimate classic Parisian brasserie with traditional fare, understated but so elegant (6mins) - MAP
- Le Vin au Vert - an extra stretch at 17mins away, but a delightful classic wine bar with platters of cheese, meats - MAP
- Buvette - a closer-to-home option for the classic wine bar experience (8mins) - MAP
- A L'Etoile d'Or - old-fashioned candy store with sweets from all over France (7min) - MAP