Max guests: 2
Double (or twin): 1
Location: 5ème – Quartier Latin
Metro: Cardinal Lemoine
4 min walk
Street: Rue Descartes
1 guest: 129.00 euro/night
2 guests: 129.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
In the left bank of Paris, behind the Panthéon in the magical Quartier Latin of Paris, the mythical literary heart of Paris (Hemingways Paris) you will find the quiet, comfortable, very cosy and ideally located Paris bed and breakfast offered by Jacqueline, a professional and experienced B&B host officially registered with the Paris Tourism Bureau. In this historic listed 15th Century building and Paris apartment with beautiful wooden beams, you are offered a 13m2 suite with it’s own private entry separate to Jacqueline’s private section of the home. This guest suite is set up with a double bed or two singles (as you wish) and equipped with a private bathroom.
Jacqueline is the perfect Paris B&B host, she is very welcoming, friendly, attentive and generous with her fabulous fresh breakfasts and her invaluable tips about Paris, yet she is experienced and discreet offering plenty of privacy and independence. Jacqueline welcomes you to her private charming homey home to make your own in Paris. She speaks Spanish and English well.
Jacqueline is in her sixties. She has lived on her own and has been offering her home and Paris B&B service since her husband José (who was from Argentina) passed away in 2008. She was a trilingual secretary at a scientific laboratory and is now in early retirement. The B&B activity was something she and her husband used to offer together as they loved to meet travelers from around the world. Jacqueline was born in the French Bretagne.
You are very welcome to spend the evening with Jacqueline and her close friend Astor Piazzolla. Please do not hesitate to ask her for insider information about Paris or reservations for restaurants or a taxi. She adores being a host and will be happy to help you at any time with your daily itinerary and sightseeing.
Please note: Jacqueline is a smoker, though she does not smoke near the guests part of the home. The guest bedroom is still a non smoking room - guests must not smoke. Should you suffer from allergies or simply wish her not to
smoke at all during your stay, she is willing to refrain from smoking
during your stay. Please request this if so.
About the B&B home:
Jacqueline's Paris bed and breakfast apartment is ideally located on the left Bank of the river Seine, near the Panthéon and the Quartier Latin, 15 minutes away from the Luxembourg Jardin and 5 minutes away from the famous rue Mouffetard - the long cobble-stoned and pedestrian only, open air fresh market with its many restaurants, cafés, boutiques and bakeries.
On the third floor with, no elevator, of a historic building built in 15th century you will find Jacqueline's apartment, owned by her family for about half a century. It was purchased by her mother in 1963. At this bed and breakfast home you will get in touch with the history of Paris and you will have a fabulous view of the English garden of the Ministry of Science.
Our Paris apartment is very quiet, despite being located near one of the most lively districts of Paris. You will find it very friendly and bright. Two big 17th century windows create a castle atmosphere and you will find a leather sofa and 2 armchairs in the lounge to relax in, where as guests are welcome anytime if you wish.
The American-style kitchen is open, which helps communication between host and guests even while preparing guests breakfasts or meals (Jacqueline offers home cooked dinners to guests too and loves to share a meal with them too if they are happy and comfortable). You will soon be comfortable in Jacqueline's apartment with it's 100m2 and you can take a retreat in your private suite at any time. Guests have private access to the guest bedroom but are also always welcome to the living room to relax, to read or to have a conversation with Jacqueline.
About the B&B guestroom and suite:
Your Paris B&B room is truly a "comfortable nest" and perfect for parisian nights in the heart of the city. Charming and cosy in an understated practical yet impeccable way. This small 13m2 room (18m2 with the bathroom and the private entry) has a special quintessential atmosphere that will impress you. Bright and airy it is a home guests adore. Flowers can be added to the room every day if you wish to add something more.
Thanks to sound-proof windows that overlook a quiet backyard, the room is perfect for relaxing in complete peace. The bed offers feather pillows or non allergic pilows, bed linen and a cover. It is a double bed (180x190) or 2 single beds (90x190) can be made up. There is a large wardrobe , a mirror, a table and two chairs and overall decorated with pieces of art,paintings and drawings by José or other family members as well as old family photographs. You will also find a collection of Paris guides, art books, a choice of hot drinks (coffee, tea/herbal tea and biscuits), mineral water and a ventilator.
About the bathroom:
The bathroom is en suite. It is for your private use. It is equipped with a sink, a shower and a toilet. You will find toiletries, soap, a hair-dryer at your disposal. If you stay more than 4 nights, a dressing gown will be available for ladies, on request. You will like the atmosphere of the bathroom with it's tilings painted by the children of your host when they were at school.
Breakfast will be served by Jacqueline in the living room with it's charming ancient atmosphere. Comfortably seated at the table in front of the great windows, you will be served a 4 star breakfast cooked by a "cordon bleu". Jacqueline is a chef and food lover and also loves to offer home cooked meals to her guests should they wish (details below)
Breakfast will include a variety of quality fresh goods, perfect start for each day of your stay. You will be offered: hot drinks (coffee, tea, milk or hot chocolate), fruit juice, fresh baguettes and croissants that will be bought for you by Jacqueline, yoghurt, butter, homemade jam, honey. It is also possible to have, on request: cheese, ham, omelette, boiled or scrambled egg (additional 5 € / 1 or 2 persons - to be requested before arrival if desired and to be paid in person).
- Breakfasts daily
- Deposit payment is required to secure this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once deposit is sent the B&B is booked and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
Check in and Check out:
- Your hostess Jacqueline will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Jacqueline own or accept pets in the apartment. However she may sometimes happen to look after her daughter's cat (a Birmanie 'sacre) when her daughter is away (but it will never enter your room).
- Jacqueline is a smoker but of course never smoking inside the guests part of the apartment. Should you suffer from allergies or simply wish her not to smoke at all during your stay, she is willing to refrain from smoking during your stay. The B&B bedroom is non smoking
- Your hosts apartment is wifi equipped.
- It is possible for you to receive phone calls on her phone, or to use it with a prepaid card.
- An iron and ironing board are available upon request.
- Jacqueline can give you a little course on french-style cooking if you like (15€/hour cost of ingredients - to be negotiated prior to arrival OR on arrival directly with Jacqueline according to her availability, and paid directly to Jacqueline) Guests can organise this via direct contact with Jacqueline as it requires her availability.
- In the evening she can prepare a little snack for you (10€/meal) or a complete evening meal. To be negotiated prior to arrival OR on arrival directly with Jacqueline
according to her availability, and paid directly to Jacqueline
- If you come to Paris to celebrate a special occasion (birthday etc.) Jacqueline can serve a "dîner aux chandelles" (candlelight dinner): aperitif, starter, main course, dessert, 1/2 bottle of wine, coffee, tea/herbal tea for 25€/person. To be specially requested prior to arrival with Petite B&Bs. Payment made directly to Jacqueline at the B&B.
- She can also offer a bottle of champagne with a choice of appetizers (50€) or a choice of cheese (starting from 20€). To be specially requested prior to arrival with Petite B&Bs. Payment made directly to Jacqueline at the B&B.
- Jacqueline enjoys company during her meals, and you are very welcome to have dinner with her. If you wish to have a special meal or to invite friends for dinner, Jacqueline will be happy to organise that for you.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- FREE laundry service
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Art lessons
- Guided walks
- Cooking lessons
- Home cooked meals
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Wine on Arrival
02/05/2017 by Christine James
Comment: Hi Regina. Thank you for your message. We loved staying with Jacqueline in her cosy and homely apartment in the Quartier Latin. Jacqueline is the most natural and generous of hosts and we enjoyed every meal and conversation we had with her. We felt safe, and our our room was quiet, overlooking a courtyard at the back of the property. Her apartment is so close to many attractions, which for us included the Musee des Moyen Ages, the Jardin des Plantes, and the Jardin de Luxembourg. We also enjoyed walking around for hours at the numerous major educational institutions where students from around the world come to study. Jacqueline's breakfasts included her superb homemade jams which we ate with our fresh baguettes, croissants etc. Quartier Latin was indeed a great place to stay. Jardin Des Plantes and Jardin de Luxembourg both provided natural space which we yearned for after our long voyage from the Southern Hemisphere to France. . I miss Jacqueline. She is a marvellous woman and I am only disappointed that we will not be seeing her again during this visit to France. Kind regards, Christine.
About the Neighbourhood
5ème – Quartier Latin
Your home is in the Latin Quarter, the mythical literary heart of Paris - Hemingway, Sartre and Steins’ Paris. Old world and romantic cobblestone streets, secret passages, tucked away gardens, cafes, bars as well as grand boulevards and bustling major cornerstones to lose yourself in. Find antique stores, bookstores, art galleries and Paris’ oldest passages and restaurants. At your doorstep is Place Contrescarpe, famous Delmas Cafe, the Pantheon and Sorbonne, nearby the Cluny Medieval Museum, and the infamous Rue mouffetard - the oldest and longest pedestrian only street with specialty gourmet shops, boulangeries, cafes, brasseries, weekly markets and always alive with musicians and buskers. Nearby is the bohemian Odeon and St-Michel nightlife with cocktail bars and Jazz institutions.
We also highly recommend the following local insider spots, on foot:
- Mosquee de Paris - unique cafe with amazing mint tea (2euro) in an
atmosphere of exotic Middle Eastern mosaic tiled beauty (12mins) - MAP
- Place Monge - Sunday markets 7am-2pm (7mins) - MAP
- Collège des Bernardins - 13th-century Cistercian building houses the cathedral school, contemporary art, concerts, exhibitions, film screenings, debates, symposiums, a cafe and garden. A last vestige of the medieval University of Paris (6mins) - MAP
- Sugarplum - cozy coffee spot (4mins) - MAP
- Bouquinistes - the start of the famous antique and rare print book sellers along the seine river from Quai de la Tournelle - MAP
- Carl Marletti - famous patisserie (10mins) - MAP
- Gregory Renard - famous boulangerie (10mins) - MAP
- Jardin des Plantes - tranquil botanical garden with a Rose Garden, Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum, zoo and winding tranquil pathways (9min) - MAP
- Charming brasseries nearby: La Crete (7mins) MAP; Le trois Carafes (9mins) MAP; Au Bon Coin (13 mins) MAP.
- Jardin Luxembourg - most famous park (9mins) - MAP
- Cafe de la Nouvelle Mairie - a favourite reliable wine bar (7mins) - MAP
- Vin et Whisky - festive wine and whisky bar, leather chairs and small bites make it ideal before dinner (7mins) - MAP
- Laurent Dubois - fantastic fromagerie (4mins) - MAP
- Les Papilles - must-do classic brasserie (7mins) - MAP
- Boot Cafe - a bit of a stretch but worth the cosy hole-in-the-wall cafe experience (15mins) - MAP
- Odette - famous creme filled pastries, on an idyllic people watching street corner (8 mins) - MAP
- Shakespeare & Co - most famous bookshop in Paris featured in movies (9mins) - MAP
- Le Caveau des Hutchette - Jazz venue (10 mins) - MAP
- Paris' OLDEST passage Cour du Commerce Saint-Andre (14 mins) - MAP
- Le 43 Bar - rooftop cocktail bar with 180 degree views (13mins) - MAP
- St Michel Notre Dame metro (13mins - MAP) provides direct access to Versailles, Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports