Max guests: 4
Location: 3ème - Le Marais
Metro: St Paul
7 min walk
Street: Rue de Turenne
Nearby: Place des Vosges
1 guest: 99.00 euro/night
2 guests: 99.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 1
Max guests: 4
Welcome to our most intimate, classic and authentic family-run Paris B&B. If what you are after is a = warm, inviting home that feels like your own, to share with an energetic most hospitable and professional hostess; to wake each day to a true friend with lots of Paris city advice, sitting down to a delicious traditional French breakfast and having an overall open happy family environment; then this B&B is for you.
Guests are offered in Marie-Christine’s historic home two impeccably looked after typical Parisian guest rooms (complete with historic Parisian charm of creaking and slopping wooden flooring, mouldings and frames), with double beds, private bathrooms with shower, tea and coffee set, all the extras robes, slippers, organic soap etc.
Large lavish breakfast is served in the sunny open dining/sitting room where Marie-Christine, with 30 years of B&B hosting experience, will win you over with her generous and charming nature. This B&B encompasses the true essence of the B&B experience and charm.
Special Invitation: Marie-Christine also offers her guests a special invitation to join her for a Friday night wine and cheese spread in the apartment, to chat and enjoy the delicacies. For guests whos booking falls on or through a Friday we highly encourage you to partake of this special invitation from Marie-Christine for a lovely intimate cultural connection and experience :) She may have a friend join too - et voila, your Parisian network begins authentically. * Price 30euro per person - Marie-Christine has a taste for the best finest local cheese and wines, you will be experiencing the finest. Guests can select this service at the time of booking/checkout OR they can request this with Marie-Christine directly .
About your Hostess:
Marie-Christine has been hosting guests in her Paris B&B for 30 years. She is an exceptional hostess who loves people and has the most generous welcoming kind spirit. She loves to welcome and share her home and city secrets with guests from around the world. Marie-Christine speaks excellent English and German (she worked as a German translator). Tony is Marie-Christine’s Godson, he looks after their small studio apartment located upstairs in the same building which they also book out to travellers. Click HERE to see it. This means that a group of 6 can stay in the same building with 4 in the 2 guest rooms offered by Marie-Christine and 2 in Tony's studio upstairs. Please enquire about this possibility.
About the B&B:
Marie-Christine's bed and breakfast is located on the 4th floor (no elevator) in the Hotel de Joyeuse, a historic monument in Paris, a building reminiscent of the historic area, le Marais, the oldest village in Paris. Hence guests will find all sorts odd peculiarities about the home that is so alluringly characteristic of typical old Paris homes, i.e slopping wooden flooring in each of the guest rooms, odd shaped doors etc. Authenticity seeking travellers will love it!
The building dates back from the XVII century, when the King Louis the XIII had the Place Royale built (Place des Vosges since the Revolution). The view from the breakfast room over the rooftops is impressive and romantic.
There is a piano in the lounge room where guests are welcome to relax with a small library of books. Life is simple, easy and happy in Marie-Christine's home.
Our B&B offers two tranquil and charming guest rooms, each with its own character and atmosphere. The rooms offered are the 'Room Revolution' and 'Room Victor Hugo'.
Is a small bright room, 13m2, decorated in warm tones, awash with morning sun. The view of the Rue du Foin is typically Parisian! Beautifully decorated, the room includes a double bed (190x140cm) with clean quality linens and blankets that are changed every 2 days and with each new arrival, a closet for luggage storage and a well-stocked bookcase with books and magazines, a kettle with tea/coffee making items (sugar, milk, teas and coffee). The is an ensuite shower with clean quality towels and basic toiletries of soap and shampoos. Robe and slippers can be provided on request.
Room Victor Hugo:
Is a small 15m2 bright room, with hot and spicy hues and notes, cozy, comfortable and tranquil. Beautifully decorated, the room includes a double bed (190x140cm) with clean quality linens and blankets that are changed every 2 days and with each new arrival, a closet for luggage storage, a well-stocked bookcase, an electric kettle with tea/coffee making items (sugar, milk, herbal teas and coffee). There is an ensuite shower with clean quality towels and basic toiletries of soap and shampoos. Robe and slippers can be provided on request.
The toilets are separate to each of the guest rooms and are to be shared between the two rooms.
Please note there is no TV in the guest room. Paris is much more interesting; read a book to unwind or spend time enjoying chats with Marie-Christine.
About the Breakfast Experience:
Your hostess, Marie-Christine, will serve you an excellent traditional French breakfast that is all BIO (organic), consisting of 2 baguettes, croissant or pain au chocolate, eggs, yogurt and fruit, tea, coffee, chocolate and juice and then will unlock the secrets of Paris and help you decide which sites to visit first, according to your interests. She knows Paris inside-out and loves to share city tips and secrets with her guests.
- Towels & Linens
Add-on Service:Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Deposit payment is required to secure this Paris B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Note: This is one of our special homes that is only available to book via email requests; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please submit your request and we will advise of its availability and guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
- After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation.
- On arrival at your B&B the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner. OR Credit Card Payment is accepted via Payplug (similar to PayPal). Please contact your host prior to arrival for the details and instructions for this if you prefer to pay with credit card via Payplug.
Check in and Check out:
- Check-in time is generally 6PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Marie-Christine has a cat which can be removed for guests with any allergies. however she does not wish to receive any pets in the home.
- The apartment is non smoking. However an ashtray is provided to smoke ONLY on the balcony landing.
- Your hosts apartment is WiFi equipped.
- There is no laundry facility at this B&B but there is a self service laundry close-by.
- This B&B apartment is located on the fourth floor of a traditional historic Paris building without lifts. We do not recommend it for those with physical limitations due to this reason.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Clothes Hanger
- TWIN Beds
- Luggage Rack
- Shelves storage
- Bedroom Balcony
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
About the Neighbourhood
3ème - Le Marais
Your B&B resides in Le Marais village, the 'old Paris', exuding old world charm with 17th Century mansions turned into residences, endless cobble stone streets, hidden gardens, courtyards, cafés, bars and terrace-filled streets, galleries, museums, markets and ornate boulangeries. It has a pulsating nightlife and is a local designer shopping spot too. From your B&B you are moments walk to Place des Vosges, Musee Carnavalet (History of Paris museum - FREE), Musee Picasso, Archives Nationales, the rue des Francs Bourgeois shopping district and you can cross the Seine River to the Saint Louis island, ile de la Cité and Notre Dame. Metro and buses are minutes from your home.
We also recommend the following insider places near home, on foot:
- Village Saint Paul - a secret courtyard village of antiques shops and cafes (6mins) - MAP
- Rue de Lappe - stroll here in the evening with many well known Parisian cafes - try "Le temps des cerises” (11mins) - MAP
- Saint Martin Canal - for walks and picnics with the Parisians just 15min walk away - MAP
- Marche Popincourt farmers market near the Canal for your cheeses, breads, wine i.e picnic goods - MAP
- Boulevard Richard Lenoir Market - fresh market on Thursdays - a Parisians favourite (8mins) - MAP
- Le Double Fond - a local secret and hilarious entertaining Parisian magique show experience (4mins) - MAP
- Place du Marché Sainte Catherine - charming little shaded terrace is a must in Summer (4mins) - MAP
- L'Eclair de Genie - best Eclairs in Paris (5mins) - MAP
- Chez Janou - favourite traditional brasserie (3mins) - MAP
- Cafe des Musees - typical historic brasserie (2mins) - MAP
- La Cafetheoque - Best coffee in Paris (12mins) - MAP
- Eglise Saint Gervais - incredible neo-gothic basilica with charming terrace cafes (12mins) - MAP
- Marche des enfants Rouge - oldest covered market in Paris, still a locals secret and a bustling place to buy gourmet goods or sit for lunch with the Parisians (10mins) - MAP
- Le Perchoir - chic rooftop cocktail bar (13mins) - MAP
- Les Bouquinistes - antique and rare print book sellers along the Seine from Pont Marie to Quai de Louvre (10mins) - MAP
- Rue de la Roquette - street lined with bars and restaurants, live music venues, lively nightspot (10mins) - MAP