Max guests: 2
Location: 5ème – Quartier Latin
Street: Rue Bouffon
Level: 2 (with lift)
Nearby: Jardin des Plantes
1 guest: 130.00 euro/night
2 guests: 140.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Max guests: 2
About your host:
Marie-Francoise is in her sixties. Fascinated by archaeology, ex-woman of a diplomat, she has lived for twenty years abroad. She has offered her guest rooms to visitors since 1998 because she thinks that it is an opening on the world and that it allows the practice of the foreign languages. She speaks fluent English and Italian and a little Spanish. Now, she is retired and travels a lot abroad with her grand-daughter. When she is not at home, her activity of B&B continues and it is her friend Marzia who will welcome you.
Marzia is in her fifties. From Italian origin, she has been living in France for fifteen years. She has a diploma in the history of art and she gives conferences in French on the Italian painting and lessons in Italian. She is totally bilingual Italian/French and speaks fluent German as she has worked in Germany. She can speak English well enough. She is always available for you when you come back home, she will offer you a cold drink, a cup of tea, coffee, or a drink with canapés. Very helpful, she can make reservations for you for a show, a restaurant, a taxi etc.
About the apartment:
Located on the second floor (with lift) of a modern building constructed in 1992, your hostess' residence is calm and bright. The living room reflects Marie-Françoise's passion for comfort and beautiful things. This living room is completely open for you and you will find there at your disposal a coffee and tea set.
About your bedroom:
You will love this peaceful, refined small bedroom (12m2)always furnished with fresh flowers just for you.
Thanks to its sound-proofing double-glazing, you will be able to rest peacefully in comfort (feather pillow or anti-allergy pillows on request).
The bedroom is furnished with a double bed (140 X 190)).
Information on Paris, books on art, tea, coffee mineral water and fan, are at your disposition.
About the bathroom and toilet:
There is an 'ensuite' private bathroom for your private use.
It is equipped with two washbasins, a bath with a shower support and a toilet.
Bathroom products are available, new soap, hair dryer. If your stay extends beyond 4 nights, a bathrobe is offered for Madam upon request.
Breakfast is served by Marie-Françoise in the living room and on good days, on the balcony overlooking the building's private park. You will be served with quality fresh products including the traditional baguette and crusty croissants that your hostess prepares every morning. Coffee, tea, chocolate, milk, orange juice, fresh fruits, butter, bread, ham omelette or scrambled eggs and a mini plate of soft cheeses will also be offered to you.
- If you would like a French conversation on special theme, or french lesson, Marie-Françoise is an ex-professor in an american embassy. (20 euros/hour)
- If you would like a guided visit to Paris or to the neighbourhood or to a French typical market according to her availability, Marie-Françoise would be pleased to accompany you and to show you the real Paris , not the one in your guide book (40 Euros for 2hours). If Marie-Françoise is not available a good friend will be happy do it for you.
- Marie-Françoise can give you french cooking basic (20 euros /hour plus price of food) and little evening meal (according her availability).
- For 10 euros extra, 10 clothes can be washed by Marie Françoise. Free for stay longer than 4 nights (10 clothes) once a week.
- On request, a parking space may be available for 15 euros per day (please request the garage before your arrival).
Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Arrival, or deposit of luggage is possible all day long.
- Your hostess does not own animals and does not wish to receive other animals.
- She does not smoke, and prefers to receive non smokers.
- Your hostess sometimes has to leave Paris to baby sit her grand daughter. In this case Marzia a good and serious assistant, whoe speaks fluently French, Italian, German and good english, will check you in and will act in Marie Françoise name during your stay. Guests should feel comfortable and secure as Marzia is professional and attentive and as available as any host should you ever need anything while staying in Marie-Francoise's home.
- Marie Françoise telephone is available to receive calls; If you ask her you may also use it to with a prepaid telephone card.
- There is wifi in this home.
- If you are a group of three people, a bed for on person (80cmX190cm) can be offered to you in the living room, separated from the rest of the living room by a folding screen.
- It is also possible to receive a fourth person: additional child, or young adult agreeing to sleep on a mattress 70cmX190cm added in this part of the living room, camping style.
- The third and fourth person (of your family) will have to share with you
the guest-room bathroom.
On the first floor of the building Marie-Francoise also offers a full apartment perfect for a family of 4 or 5 persons.
- Booking fee payment is required to secure this home via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once booking fee is sent the home is immediately secured and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner.
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email. For guests who are happy to wait for or prefer personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
- Towels & Linens
- Self catered breakfast provisions
Check in and Check out:
- Your host/apartment owner Marie-Francoise will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
11/09/2017 by Lyn Gough - NSW, AUSTRALIA
Comment: "Our time with Marie Francois was amazing. Her apartment, cooking for us and helpful tips made us feel so comfortable. We would recommend her without hesitation, a real gem. She made our 1st time in Paris an unforgettable experience. Cheers Lyn"
29/05/2017 by Ken - VIC, AUSTRALIA
Comment: Marie-Francois was extremely generous and offered to do our washing. She also allowed us to stay at her B&B on our last day when she believed we were leaving at 9.00am and we in fact were being collected by car for the airport at 5.30pm. We were very appreciative of her advice re bus travel in Paris which provided a great alternative to the Metro. Marie Francois's English is fluent and so there were no language barriers for us at all. The location within the Latin Quarter was great and Marie Francois was very generous with her knowledge and advice on things to do and see in the area and in wider Paris. We also very much appreciated feeling that this place was 'our' place during our stay.
19/05/2017 by Wendy Chu - NSW, AUSTRALIA
Comment: Marie was lovely and very accommodating with all of our requests. Our room was lovely and it felt like home. Marie provides everything you need to make your trip in Paris a special one. Croissants and baguettes were baked fresh every morning and they were delicious! Overall: Our room and breakfast was exceptional. We couldn't have asked for a better host in Marie. She was very helpful and a wealth of knowledge. Easy to chat with and lovely lady.
24/09/2016 by Judy Goulding - AUSTRALIA
Comment: Marie-Francoise was a wonderful & caring hostess, so welcoming and comfortable i felt immediately 'at home' at our Paris B&B. She was a fountain of information! Lots of great suggestions & advise! Gourmet breaky everyday - freshly baked croissants, beautiful scrambled eggs! The best part was feeling safe and secure and having someone to chat to each morning and evening. I would recommend Petite Paris to all my paris bound friends!"
About the Neighbourhood
5ème – Quartier Latin
Directly across the road from the tropical Jardin des Plantes in the Quarter Latin, from this apartment (52m2) with its terrace you will easily reach on foot the Seine River, the famous Rue Mouffetard - the oldest open street market in the city that is a long pedestrian-only cobble stoned passage of endless gourmet fresh food stores, wine stores, cafes, restaurants and bars. The Maubert weekly markets are within 5 mins walk as is the picturesque Place Contrescarpe for endless cups of coffees or coup de kir and the famous Cafe Delmas. The bustling Odeon neighbourhood and the chic St Germain neighbourhood are easily reached on foot or short direct metro ride. Metro and buses are within minutes walk from the apartment.
We also recommend the following secret insider spots walking distance from home:
- Grand Mosquee de Paris - enjoy mint tea and exotic sweets in this hidden cafes (5mins) - MAP
- Place Monge - Sunday fresh local markets 7am-2pm (10mins) - MAP
- Collège des Bernardins - An exceptional 13th-century Cistercian building - houses a research centre, exhibitions of contemporary art, concerts, film screenings, debates, talks and symposiums, a cafe and garden. Last vestige of the medieval University of Paris, (13mins) - MAP
- Place de la Contrescarpe - one of Paris' iconic cafe terraces with old-world ambience and famous Cafe Delmas. It also is at the start of Rue Mouffetard - the old cobble stone pedestrian only street and Mouffetard market lined with cafes, brasseries, patisseries, gourmet shops, wine bars andalways a bustle especially on weekends with street musicians and dancers (14mins) - MAP
- Jardin Tino Rossi - in summer dancing on the Seine. Or enjoy a bottle of wine and cheese by the river (13mins) - MAP
- Le Train Bleu - in the Gare de Lyon train station a jaw-dropping ornate art nouveau style dining room. Anyone who's anyone has eaten here from Salvatore Dalito Brigitte Bardot (16mins) - MAP
- Bouquinistes - the start of the famous antique and rare print book sellers that line the seine river starts 15mins walk from home - MAP
- Carl Marletti - famous must-try patisserie (10mins) - MAP
- Gregory Renard - another MUST boulangerie/patisserie (9 mins) - MAP
- Jardin des Plantes - exploring the depths of the incredible garden - the beautiful Rose Garden, the Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum, the zoo and plenty of winding tranquil pathways (1min) - MAP
- Charming restaurants nearby: U Mulinu (8mins) MAP; La Crete (12mins) MAP; Le trois Carafes (8mins) MAP; Au Bon Coin (11 mins) MAP.