Max guests: 4
Double (or twin): 1
Sofabed (double): 1
Location: 5ème – Quartier Latin
3 min walk
Street: Passage des Postes
1 guest: 179.00 euro/night
2 guests: 179.00 euro/night
3 guests: 199.00 euro/night
4 guests: 219.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Welcome to Marine’s sweet serene Paris B&B suite located in one of those old historic cobble stoned passageways where only pedestrians, horse and carriages would pass, in the romantic mythical Latin Quartier (5eme) of Paris, surrounded in tranquility and Parisian residential peace. The bustling and famous street market Rue Mouffetard is literally at the foot of your home entry through a covered archway lined with cafes, brasseries, gourmet shops, where Parisians are found basking in the ambience, where street music decorates the air, and the famous Place Contrescarpe lines with its iconic cafes. The setting for this bed and breakfast is nothing short of a dream: peaceful and prime position, an easy reach to all of Paris either on foot or via Metro less than 5 minutes walk away.
At our B&B you will be offered a completely private freestanding suite with your own entrance right off the gorgeous passage that is separate to your host's home, next door. This means you will have privacy in your own apartment with bedroom, lounge room, dining room and shower/toilet - all impeccably presented, thoughtfully decorated with simple French touches that invoke ‘amelie’ type quality.
This is one of those rare accommodations where guests will be left to their own privacy in their own 'apartment', yet still benefit from the intimacy and hospitality of the true B&B experience as their hostess, Marine, just next door, prepares and delivers delicious and diverse French breakfasts daily and offers advice and tips about the area and Paris, and helps to plan guests itineraries and sightseeing. She also cleans the room and changes the sheets while guests are out sightseeing to ensue they return to their home like new.
About your host:
Marine was born and raised in Paris. A true Parisian, she is a wealth of city information and advice. She has been offering her B&B service for 5 years and the B&B activity and service is one she is very passionate about and feels great fulfillment from hosting and serving guests. Marine also works as an online teacher part time from her apartment. She is married with 2 children.
Marine has travelled to Morroco, Thailand and around France. Marine speaks good English, and where (rarely) words fail her, gesture, improvisation and intention prevail. Guests will adore Marine's warm disposition, casual caring nature and her attention and discreetness, all at once.
About the B&B suite:
Our B&B is 33m2 on the ground floor and consists of a pleasant living room equipped with a comfortable sofa bed for a 3rd or 4th person, a fireplace and pretty crude chestnut flooring warming the atmosphere and overlooks the small simple courtyard. Also there is a dining area where a cool cart will be delivered to you each morning, i.e your breakfast tray delivery and in this area is a small shelf with tea/coffee making facilities as well as brochures and information and maps on Paris. Finally, there is a bedroom that has a simple understated yet typical Parisian leafy view of a little courtyard alcove, it has a comfortable double bed (180x200) made up of 2 mattresses so 2 guests who wish to sleep separately may do so. (90x200each). There is a fireplace, luggage storage and hanging space, a TV in the bedroom and a chair. Next to the bedroom is a shower room with toilet.
About the Bathroom:
The bathroom is ensuite with a walk-in shower with tiled Travertine flooring. Towels, basic toiletries and a hairdryer are provided.
Note: the shower area has no barrier or tub to stand in, so water does naturally spray/leak around the bathroom floor despite the shower curtain. Until renovations are done, guests can be assured that while they are out Marine cleans and dries the flooring daily for your clean fresh return home.
Marine wants you to know she loves preparing breakfast - this is her favourite part of the service. When travelling, she loves nothing more than to indulge in big fresh delicious and traditional breakfasts that almost make you not want to leave the B&B.She tries to create this experience for her guests by providing lavish breakfasts, always diverse daily and fresh, delivering it to her guests at their door on a cart. A bell will alert you of Marine's arrival each morning.
Breakfast is served 7.30 - 9am on weekdays and 9-10.30am on weekends.
These morning encounters are also the perfect time to exchange ideas with Marine, share experiences and of course get some advice to fully optimize your stay in Paris.
Marine does not impose or dwell too much in her guests' suite unless guests seek more detailed advice, when delivering breakfast. She has some amazing local restaurant recommendations you MUST try! :)
- Deposit payment is required to secure this B&B apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK. You will be prompted to enter your details and checkout.
- After booking you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation and a Petite B&B representative will be in contact shortly after to confirm your specific arrival time and details.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner. Or guests can send payment via bank transfer directly to your host prior to arrival. Please ask your host for bank details to send this payment prior, otherwise cash euro is due on arrival.
Included: (please refer to full list of amenities in the features tab)
- Towels & Linens
Check in and Check out:
- Your host Marine will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 4PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know prior to arrival.
- Check-out by 12PM - guests may leave luggage on departure day also.
- Marine does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your hosts apartment is wifi equipped.
- There is no laundry facility at this B&B but there is a self service laundry close-by.
- There is no air conditioning in this apartment but we note Paris has a mild Summer with average temperatures during peak months only 24degrees. For this reason most Paris residents do not install air-con as it is not used enough and not seen as a necessity. However hosts can place fans in your room if requested.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- FREE laundry service
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Art lessons
- Guided walks
- Cooking lessons
- Home cooked meals
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Wine on Arrival
21/07/2016 by Alan Dewar
Comment: Marine is a great host and does everything she possibly can to make your stay as good as possible. She is extremely mindful of your privacy yet makes herself available whenever you want. Breakfast is fantastic and the whole experience is like having your own home in a lovely area of Paris. It was a pleasure to get to know Marine as she is a delightful person. The fact that although we had a completely separate apartment, Marine was available whenever we required something, so it really was the best combination. The apartment is in a great location and we thoroughly enjoyed Rue Moutefard and the Latin Quarter. The apartment itself is so comfortable and well appointed, the bed was so very comfortable. Marine always checked with us re our breakfast preferences and also delivered additional milk in the afternoon when we needed it. She visited the best patisserie in Rue Moutefard every morning when it opened and provided the most wonderful croissants, brioches and baguettes plus freshly squeezed orange juice and home made jam - and there was always more than we could eat. Marine respected our privacy but was always happy to make a time to see us if we wanted to or to answer her door if we knocked. She made good recommendations for restaurants and booked them for us. She also provided us with maps and directions. She was the perfect host and we could not have expected any more than she provided. She even cleaned the place thoroughly every day. It was spotless when we arrived and throughout our stay. As for Petite Paris - The clearest, easiest to navigate accommodation website and should we visit Paris again, we will definitely use Petite Paris. Thank you, Alan Dewar.
01/10/2015 by Graeme Kan
Comment: I can’t express how grateful I am for all your help. We hadn't stayed in B&B before and was apprehensive about lack of privacy but Marine was a wonderful host and certainly settled out fears, plus we had a completely private suite to come and go as our own! We felt very welcome! Marine dropped fresh breakfasts each morning and when we returned it was all cleared and the apartment refreshed! We felt like Parisians in the apartment - You walked out the door to the local market and all the fresh produce, cafes & restaurants, we LOVED the fresh food. it was very Parisian and we lived like locals. I will certainly be using Petite Paris when I return to Paris! So helpful and the personal service was perfect. Thank you so much, it was the absolute perfect start to our holiday and I couldn’t’ have been happier.
About the Neighbourhood
5ème – Quartier Latin
Your home is in the Latin Quarter; the mythical literary heart of Paris - Hemingway,
Satre and Steins’ Paris. Old world and romantic cobblestone streets, secret passages, tucked
away gardens, cafes, bars as well as grand boulevards and bustling
major cornerstones to lose yourself in. Here you will find antique
stores, bookstores, art galleries and Paris’
oldest passages and restaurants. At your doorstep is Place Contrescarpe famous Delmas Cafe, bohemian Odeon and St-Michel nightlife with famous Jazz institutions, the Pantheon and Sorbonne only 8 mins walk away, Cluny Medieval
Museum and the infamous Rue mouffetard 3 steps in front of your home - the longest pedestrian fresh food gourmet street in Paris with gourmet shops
and boulangeries, cafes, brasseries, weekly fresh food market and is always alive with musicians and buskers.
We recommend the following insider spots near this home:
- Mosquee de Paris -
a cafe of unique proportions, delectable mint tea only 2euro in an
atmosphere of exotic Middle Eastern mosaic tiled beauty (6mins) - MAP
- Place Monge - Sunday local markets 7am-2pm (5mins) - MAP
- Sugarplum - cozy delicious coffee spot (7mins) - MAP
- Bouquinistes - the start of the famous antique and rare print book sellers that line the picturesque seine river banks from Quai de la Tournelle - MAP
- Carl Marletti - famous patisserie (3mins) - MAP
- Gregory Renard - famous boulangerie/patisserie (3mins) - MAP
- Jardin des Plantes - incredible botanical garden with a Rose Garden, Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum, a mini zoo and winding tranquil pathways (7min) - MAP
- Charming restaurants nearby: La Crete (2mins) MAP; Au Bon Coin (16mins) MAP.
- Jardin Luxembourg - most famous park (13mins) - MAP
- Cafe de la Nouvelle Mairie - a favourite wine bar (8mins) - MAP
- Vine et Whisky - festive wine and whisky bar, leather chairs and small bites make it ideal before dinner (7mins) - MAP
- Les Papilles - classic brasserie experience (10mins) - MAP
- Odette - famous creme filled pastries, on an idyllic people watching street corner (17 mins) - MAP
- Paris' OLDEST passage Cour du Commerce Saint-Andre 16 mins MAP
- Le Zyriab - roodtop cocktail bar with views (18min) - MAP
- St Michel Notre Dame metro (20mins from home - MAP) provide direct access to Versailles, Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports