Max guests: 2
Sofabed (single): 1
Location: 2ème – Montorgueil, Halles
3 min walk
Street: Rue d'Argout 75002
Level: Ground (with lift)
Nearby: Musee du Louvre
1 guest: 163.00 euro/night
2 guests: 163.00 euro/night
3 guests: 235.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Max guests: 2
A 'petite' gem of a pied-à-terre for two, in the middle of old Paris. Tucked snuggly down a secluded cobbled courtyard within the walls of a typical historic building, this ground-floor flat offers a generous sized bedroom with an adjoining book-filled living room on one side with fully equipped kitchenette for preparing your own meals and an ensuite on the other side with a beautiful bathroom.
B&B Martinn (key2paris) - is thoughtfully and tastefully decorated with pieces of beautiful art, it is utterly tranquil and opens direct onto the courtyard. The neighbourhood teems with busy brasseries, pavement cafés, fashionable shops and it is an easy stroll to the Louvre, Centre Pompidou and the Marais. Martinn our genuine and generous host is a darling lady, who has been hosting travellers for many years with many regulars returning to her home. She is professional but personal, thoughtful, charming, and loves to interact and share moments with her guests whether it be cooking or sharing a meal together; she is eager to share Paris with you and prepares homemade, organic, welcoming generous breakfast that should last the first couple of days of your stay.
About your Host:
Your host Martinn was born in Paris, worked in Paris in the Montorgueil district, spends a lot of time exploring the streets again and again to discover new addresses, to discover a little history and architectural beauties, attends conferences in Paris, reads books on History of Paris, has registered with many museums to admire the exhibitions, follows many cultural sites in Paris; all for personal taste but also to share with you and help you make your stay the best possible with unforgettable memories, unmissable but also off the beaten path.
Your host Martinn loves to cook, regularly enrolls in culinary courses with recognized chefs, likes to interact with local merchants and specialists to be able to share with you at a table d'Hôte or to indicate the restaurants that suit you and the many gourmet addresses of the Capital. She offers to share dinner together by request.
Having lived abroad (US) and living in an international environment for more than 24 years, your hostess Martinn knows what 'cultural shock' means; she will be delighted to share with you the best of Paris and Parisians.
A message and invitation from Martinn: "When visiting Paris if you want to live like the French, a Parisian, not only a tourist, and you’d like to avoid 'cult shock', to beat the 'prejudice' against the French and Parisians, to discover what made the French meal part of the Unesco patrimony, to shop like a Parisian, converse with shop keepers, find why all chickens are not the same, why prices can largely vary, why French put a lot of pride on food origins, why they select their little shops with great care, to discover the French History, French culture, how Paris became Paris? Then book with me, Martinn; I am born Parisian 'a while ago', having worked and lived in the 2nd arrondissement since the late 60's, attending workshops on cooking and history all the time, strolling Paris everyday, visiting exhibitions regularly for my own pleasure and to share with you. I have lived in the USA and since my family came back, have been immersed in the Parisian English community. I know what culture differences are, what can shock you and why you could shock a French. I can help you easily avoid some difficult issues and help you enjoy your stay from A to Z, have a real experience and feel part of the community. I look forward to sharing my beloved Paris with you. Martinn, your host".
About the apartment:
On the ground floor of a securely maintained eighteenth century building, continuously renovated and maintained and set in a charming courtyard, the apartment is decorated with refinement and all the conveniences of a modern apartment.
Please note: A baby bed can be added for 0-3yrs at a rate of 150euro. Guests will have the option of selecting this at checkout if they wish. If guests do not want a baby bed it is 90euro per night for babies with no bed. This is also to be selected at checkout.
- A room with bed of 180cm equipped with a cupboard with shelves and a wardrobe - all linens provided.
- Bathroom with bath and shower, equipped with a hairdryer, a washing machine and a dryer and towels.
- Separate toilet with maintenance cupboard for vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, necessary for sewing .
- Fully equipped kitchen to prepare meals in addition to B & B meals, with fridge and freezer, dishwasher, hob with halogen, self-cleaning pyrolysis oven, microwave and all small appliances for breakfast and preparations culinary.
- A large closet for dishes and dishes.
- The living room is furnished with a nice sofa, a small coffee table, a table for meals, armchairs.
- ADSL unlimited wifi throughout the home (Wifi and cable available if necessary)
- Telephone with free calls to landlines in France, Europe, North America and Australia.
- The apartment is strictly non smoking.
Included: (please see 'Features tab' for full list of features.
- Towels and linens
Additional costs to be paid to your host:
- 50euro for changing bed sheets for stays over 7 nights - this is mandatory for stays of this length.
- 40euro to have 2 beds set up if guests wish to sleep separate. One on the king bed and one on the sofa bed.
- Sunday arrival: €40.00
- Sunday departure: €30.00
Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Martinn does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- This apartment can accept 3 guests for a maximum of 7 nights. Anything longer Martinn only accepts 2 guests - this is for the comfort of her guests.
- If guests want breakfasts daily they must request this directly with their host Martinn. This cannot be assured as it is according to her schedule and this is not included in the rates and will be an additional cost. First breakfast is always included with all bookings and included in the rate.
- A booking service fee is required to secure this apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK to request this home and you will be prompted to checkout. After payment, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation.
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email - for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will navigate and guide you through the very swift, secure and easy booking process as detailed above. Once Service fee is sent the home/room is immediately secured and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- After Service fee (which secures the home) a deposit payment is due direct to your host Martinn. She will contact you directly about this.
- Balance payment is due 4 weeks prior to arrival via PayPal - guests must pay for any PayPal fees OR we recommend guests select the 'send to a family member/friend' option n Paypal as this avoids fees.
- Your host Martinn will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 1PM - 7pm. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed. Otherwise they must return after 1pm. Dropping luggage earlier may be possible if you request it directly with your host prior to arrival.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Service Fee paid to Petite B&Bs is non refundable at any time for any reason.
A medical reason and certificate is necessary at this B&B for any cancellations:
- more than 90 days before arrival : reimbursement minus expenses
- 89 days -to 45 before arrival : the deposit is kept.
- 44 days- 30 days before arrival : 50% of the stay
- 29 days- to 14 days before arrival : 75% of the stay
- less than 14days : 100% is due
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Clothes Hanger
- TWIN Beds
- Luggage Rack
- Shelves storage
- Bedroom Balcony
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
About the Neighbourhood
2ème – Montorgueil, Halles
B&B Martinn sits in the eclectic 2nd arrondissement, near bustling Rue Montorgueil teeming with cafes, gourmet shops, restaurants, colourful markets, the oldest pastry shop 'Stohrer', the oldest coffee shop 'Rocher de Cancale'. From this home you are minutes walk to the Louvre (7mins), Opera, famous covered walkway 'Galeries Vivienne', the Marais, the 'Palais des Victories' and its luxury shops, and famous 'Frenchie' restaurant on Rue du Nil. You are also well connected by Bus, Metro, RER to all train stations and airports.
We recommend these insider places, nearby B&B Martinn:
- Rue Montorgueil - a gourmet foodie lovers heaven, lined with gourmet and specialty shops and cafes - 3mins - MAP
- Siant Eustache - One of the most visited churches in Paris (1532) - 5mns - MAP
- Place des Victoires - an elegant square with symmetrical architecture, is one of the oldest royal squares in Paris - 4mins - MAP
- La Bourse et La Vie - Once holding the #1 ranking in our list of favorite Classic Bistros in Paris. Come
to celebrate for a special night and enjoy the best steak-frites in
Paris, after-dinner armagnacs and a fat wallet, because all the specialness is going to cost you. 8mins - MAP
- Champeaux - a contemporary brasserie by Alain Ducasse located at la Canopée Forum des Halles - 7mins - MAP
- Chez Georges - A popular, old school bistro serving classics like frisée au lardons, jambon persillée, escargot, and tarte tatin - 4mins - MAP
- Vaudeville Brasserie - wonderful classic art-deco restaurant with quality traditional French fare - 7 mins - MAP
- Eric Kayser - renown patisserie/boulangerie - 14mins - MAP
- Terroir d’Avenir rue du Nil - Excellent fruits , vegetables, cheese and fish - 5mins - MAP
- Rocher de Cancale - historic and friendly (with wifi) cafe - 4mins - MAP
- Matamata - VERY friendly coffee house/cafe across the street from the apartment - 1min - MAP
- Père et Fils corner rue Montmartre and L. Bellan - 1 min - MAP
- Café Noir - a well known iconic cafe on the corner of your street and rue Montmartre - 1min - MAP