Max guests: 3
Double (or twin): 1
Location: 1ème - Musée du Louvre
3 min walk
Street: Rue Saint-Anne, 75002 Paris
Nearby: Jardin du Palais Royal
1 guest: 149.00 euro/night
2 guests: 159.00 euro/night
3 guests: 249.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
A very classic and historic apartment in Paris, located between the Louvre, Seine river and Tuileries Jardin and the Opera Garner, making this home the ideal base to explore Paris on foot. In a 17th Century secure building, grand marble staircase entry (3rd floor no lift though we advise the grand stairwell is shallow and an easy climb for many of our elderly guests) and quintessential Parisian features our home is bright and lightfilled, peaceful and tranquil as it lover looks the inner courtyard. It offers 2 guest bedrooms for 2 or 3 guests or 1 bedroom and 1 guest lounge room, bathroom and the kitchen is available for guests to prepare their own breakfasts. As an art, music lover, Monique your hostess will be able to advise you on all your cultural visits, happily
About our host:
Your hostess is in her forties and fluently speaks English and good Italian. An art lover and connoisseur she is a wealth of information on concerts and cultural visits.
Monique is very reserved and is one of our hosts who prefers to maintain limited interaction with guests - with exception of helpful city tips she prefers to reserve her time separate to guests. This is also due to her busy work schedule. Therefore we do not recommend this home to guests who wish to spend much time chatting, sharing drinks and getting to know their Parisian host, as many of our other homes and hosts might.
Monique works in a cultural role and often has to travel through France. She can only receive guests when she is in Paris.
About the Apartment:
Located between the Louvre and l’Opera Garner in a stone building constructed in the 17th Century, your hostess’ residence is a haven of silence. You reach the third floor by a majestic marble staircase which is classed as historical. A long corridor divides the kitchen, the guests rooms, the guests private bathroom and toilets, from your hostess Moniques private quarter of her home. This means guests and hosts live side by ide without disturbing each other. Much privacy and independence is assured to guests.
About your guest suite:
The 2 guest rooms are located in the back of the residence, private bathroom and toilets are separated from your hostess’ private apartment.
Guests will love the typical Parisian architecture: the ceiling mouldings, the oak parquet, the marble chimney and the antique furniture.
Thanks to the solar radiation and the orientation overlooking a calm backyard guests will rest perfectly in a quiet setting.
The largest bedroom is 35m2 and offers twin beds 80x190 that can be offered as a Queen size bed 160x190, a desk of the 18th Century, three arm chairs and an Art Deco table Cable television, video recorder, stereo radio, books, films and CDs at your disposal.
The second bedroom is 28m2, spacious and offers a large single bed 120x190, a wooden desk, a TV, a low table and 2 leather arm chairs. This bedroom can be offered to a single person; two children or a couple can share the big single bed.
The two bedrooms are always offered to the same family or group.
The bathroom is across the main bedroom. It is exclusively provided for guests use. It is equipped with two washbasins, a large shower and a dresser. Towels and a hairdryer are provided.
The toilets are outide the bathroom, for guests private use only.
The kitchen is at your disposal with al necessary ingredients for breakfast. So you will really feel like you are at home in Paris. You are invited to prepare your breakfast at any time, it will not be served. You can find coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, fruit juice, cereals, jam, honey, yogurt, eggs, breads and toast in the kitchen/dining room - a pleasant room with 3 windows.
Arrival and release of your luggage is normally between 6-7pm. It is possible to arrange another time with your hostess BEFORE your arrival (atleast 2 days prior) however as this cannot be 100% assured due to your hosts schedule we recommend this home to guests who can meet the 6-7pm standard time.
Our hostess prefers not to receive single men and children under 12 years.
No pets are allowed at this home.
This apartment is not suited to guests with allergies as there are numerous wool-carpets and curtains in both rooms.
This is a non smoking apartment.
Eating and drinking is forbidden in both guest bedrooms - the dining room is the only place to eat and drink.
- Breakfast provisions
- Bathrobe 5euro
- Additional towels 6 for 10euro - Please note our host changes towels every 4 days only. If guests want more the price will apply.
- Wash and iron of clothing is offered twice a week - 15euro per load.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- FREE laundry service
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Art lessons
- Guided walks
- Cooking lessons
- Home cooked meals
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Wine on Arrival
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
1ème - Musée du Louvre
Your home sits in the eclectic 2nd arrondissement, the very heart of Paris, an easy walk to some of the main attractions such as The Louvre, Tuileries Jardin, Opera Garner, The Palais Royal, many museums and galleries, designer shopping street Rue Honore and more. The bustling Rue Montorgueil is nearby for foodies, the famous department stores are an easy 10min walk with their rooftop terrace bars with city views, the trendy Marais (boutiques and nightlife) is an easy reach too. At your door are trains, buses to all other sights. This area is teeming with shops, cafes, restaurants, bars, boulangeries, patisseries, museums, markets, quirky boutiques; and it is known for it old-world covered walkways like Galerie Vivienne.
We recommend the following insider places, near your home:
- Telescope - one of those cosiest Parisian hole-in-the-wall coffee spots with some of the best coffee in the city, only minutes from your front door.
- Angelina Tearoom - the infamous classy tea room with the best Hot Choclate and decadent line up of desserts in the city.
- Pierre Herme - moments away one of the best chocolatiers in the city
- Palais Royal - an absolute MUST to stroll around and enjoy coffee at Cafe Kitsune early.
- Place Vendome - the grand colon surrounded by designer shopping, keep strolling Rue Saint Honour for more luxurious ness.
- Le Fumoir - one of the best wine and cocktail bars where despite its proximity near the louvre is surprisingly and pleasantly most tourist free. Very classic and classy, yet unpretentious and easy.
- Rue Montorgueil - a gourmet foodie lovers heaven, lined with gourmet and specialty shops and cafes
- Siant Eustache - One of the most visited churches in Paris (1532)
- La Bourse et La Vie - Once holding the #1 ranking in our list of favorite Classic Bistros in Paris. p.s the specialness is going to cost you.
- Champeaux - a contemporary brasserie by Alain Ducasse located at la Canopée Forum des Halles.
- Chez Georges - A popular, old school bistro serving classics like frisée au lardons, jambon persillée, escargot, and tarte tatin.
- Vaudeville Brasserie - wonderful classic art-deco restaurant with quality traditional French fare.