Max guests: 3
Sofabed (single): 1
Location: 3ème - Le Marais
Metro: Saint-Sébastien — Froissart
3 min walk
Street: Impasse Saint Claude
Nearby: Musée National Picasso
1 guest: 159.00 euro/night
2 guests: 159.00 euro/night
3 guests: 199.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Max guests: 3
In the heart of the historic and trendy Marais neighbourhood, Hélène offers you her large bohemian chic Paris studio of more than 35m2 with quintessential Parisian atmosphere and charm; with traditional features such as visible beams, wooden flooring, mouldings etc all the charm of ancient 17th Century maisons the area is known for. It's tastefully styled with rustic-chic decor. The residence was built at the end of the 17th century and is part of the history of the Marais; you immediately feel you have stepped into another world when you arrive. Surrounded with art galleries, boutiques and iconic cafes and close to the tourist centre, yet very quiet, which is highly appreciated by the numerous celebrities who live in this area. In the studio find a queen bed, lounge/dining area, small library, fully equipped kitchenette bathroom and shower. Free WiFi provided, basic cooking ingredients such as milk, sugar, tea, coffee, butter and jams and all towels and linens.
About your hostess:
Hélène, your hostess, is in her sixties and knows Paris by heart and has many cultural interests. She is a passionate reader of books and enjoys endless strolls through her city. She is an eccentric lady full of character who stops people in the street if they intrigue her - a rare quality. She is also a gentle, sensible lady.
Her friends and family occupy the studio while Hélène lives in the apartment next door with her companion. When the studio is available she loves welcoming visitors and travellers.
Hélène loves cultural exchanges and greets you like her own friends. Passionately involved in the Parisian life, she would be pleased to advise you on your visits and tours or even join you if you if you wish and assist your French speaking.
Hélène speaks only a little English but she manages to understand you well. If not, her daughter Annette, who is an advocate, or her son, a movie director, will be glad to assist you interpreting via the phone. A great opportunity if you wish to learn French. Annette and Helene speak fluent Italian. Annette also speaks Spanish and can be your interpreter if necessary.
About the studio:
The location of this studio is lovely and desirable. It is situated in the heart of its district, in Le Marais on a very small street with no traffic. Surrounded by art galleries (picasso museum is near), next to the Place des Vosges, Hotel de Ville, the famous boutique district, the Jewish Quarter, bars, restaurants, cafes and clubs and the Seine river is an easy 10 minute walk away.
Upon entry the courtyard is encircled by French monuments, a historical part of Paris. Located on the third floor (without lift) of a building constructed at the end of the 17th century, Hélène's studio (around 40 m2) is sunny, thanks to its three windows. Contrary to the appearance of our images, the ceiling height is generous - approx. 2.5m.
The tiled floor is covered in Persian carpets, the ceiling has exposed beams and there is an alcôve created with a wrought iron screen which gives a charming and romantic atmosphere.
Your bed is an alcove with a double bed queen size (160X190). You also have a cable television (20 channels) and a telephone for your use.
A main room with decent and modern design, elegant curtains and large bookcases that will enchant you. The decoration matches Hélènes character perfectly. Numerous bookcases are filled with her beloved novels she will be pleased to lend you, posters of Italian movies and actors (Hélène has Italian roots). Next to the bed is a basket of apples, as the Italian legend tells, you’ll have a good night sleep with them nearby. Hélène also created some modern art paintings and the collage illustrating beautiful episodes of her life hung on the walls. An antique small single bed (70X180) can be prepared for a child or adolescent.
About the Kitchen and Breakfast:
There is a small kitchenette (available just for light cooking) equipped with a sink, a fridge, a cooker, a microwave, crockery, and a supply of: pasta, rice, salt, pepper, vinegar and oil. Breakfast is not served. But you will find the principal ingredients; coffee, tea, butter and jam at your disposal in the kitchen. Héléne will show you where to find the best local bakeries so you will be able to buy your own baguette and croissants just like the Parisians do every morning. There are numerous nearby your building.
About the Bathroom:
The bathroom has been newly redesigned (2015) and has a washbasin, bathtub with handheld shower. The bathroom feels like a theatre stage, elaborately decorated with sweet charm. A hair dryer is at your disposal.
There is a separate toilet with no hand basin, at the opposite side of the studio.
All towels and linens are provided and basic necessities ie toilet paper, soap and tissues, though no extra toiletries.
Why not enhance your stay and take an intimate night tour by car with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. Karyn also offers day trips to Giverny, Versailles, Rouen, Chantilly Castle, Fontainbleu and day trips to the Champagne region. To BOOK one of these day trips click HERE
- Deposit payment is required to secure this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal.
- Once deposit is sent the B&B is booked and a booking confirmation email will be sent.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Note: This is one of our special homes and unique hosts that requires special attention and is only available to book via email; for guests who are happy to wait for personalized service and care. Please email us directly with your travel dates and we will advise of its availability and suitability asap and answer any other questions you may have about the home. If available, Petite B&Bs will guide you through the swift, secure and easy booking and deposit process.
- Towels & Linens
- Free of the washing machine if your stay is more than 5 nights. Helene will explain how it operates.
Check in and Check out:
- Your host Helene or her representative (if she cannot be there) will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 6PM. Guests may drop their luggage earlier, from 1pm if they request it prior to arrival and respect the time promised. Otherwise you will be expected between 6 and 7pm
- For later arrivals simply advise your host Helene prior to arrival.
- Check-out by 10AM
- Helene does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- Your hosts apartment is wifi equipped
- If you suffer from allergies the studio might not be appropriate for you for as it is decorated with alot of fabrics.
- Hélène is a very sensible lady and asks you to respect her property, leaving every thing you touch at its initial place.
- Your hostess will not receive children under 12 months, since much of her decor is very fragile or valuable.
- You may use the phone to receive or make calls with a prepaid card.
- An iron and an ironing board are to your disposal.
- Hélènes daughter Annette is an international advocate and offers you a guided tour discovering ‘Paris by Night’ through her eyes and showing you special places you won't find in a traveler's guide. (price on application, please enquire with Helene directly prior to arrival or at arrival)
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
02/03/2017 by Jane Larucci
Comment: Dear Regina, Thank you so much for your email. I had the most amazing time in Paris and loved every minute of the trip. Helene was so lovely to me during my stay and it was a lovely trip and the apartment was perfect and cosy and close to everything. I would like to go again next year and will contact you as soon as I am ready to book accommodation. I also passed your website details to a friend, Mrs McVay who may be in contact to book accommodation with you. Thanks for all your help with the trip. Kind regards, Jane Larucci.
24/11/2016 by Andrew Flint
Comment: Hi Regina, We are still travelling around France, having a great time! Our stay at Helene’s was excellent, and thank you for suggesting we stay there. Her apartment was so interesting, and gave us an insight into her life and interests. One thing worth mentioning - Instructions in English for the washing machine would be helpful. Helene was most helpful when we arrived, as well as keeping in contact during our stay. So overall a great stay and I would recommend your service and this apartment to others. Regards, and best wishes for the advent season. Andrew and Sue Flint.
About the Neighbourhood
3ème - Le Marais
Your private studio resides in Le Marais village, the 'old Paris', exuding
old world charm with 17th Century mansions turned into residences,
endless cobble stone streets, hidden gardens, courtyards, cafés, bars
and terrace-filled streets, galleries, museums, markets and ornate
boulangeries. It has a pulsating nightlife and is a local designer
shopping spot too. From your studio you are moments walk to Place des Vosges, Musee Carnavalet (History of Paris museum), Musee Picasso, Archives Nationales, the rue des Francs Bourgeois shopping district and the Seine River, Saint Louis island, ile de la Cité and Notre Dame. Metro and buses are minutes from your home.
We also recommend the following insider places near home, on foot:
- Village Saint Paul - a secret courtyard village of antiques shops and cafes (12mins) - MAP
- Rue de Lappe - take a stroll here in the evening behind the
Bastille with many well known Parisian cafes - we recommend "Le temps
des cerises” (14mins) - MAP
- Saint Martin Canal - for walks and picnics with the Parisians just 15min walk away - MAP
- Marche Popincourt farmers market - for your picnic goods (11mins) - MAP
- Boulevard Richard Lenoir Market - fresh market on Thursdays - a Parisians favourite (10mins) - MAP
- Le Double Fond - local hilarious entertaining Parisian magique show experience (10mins) - MAP
- L'Eclair de Genie - best Eclairs in Paris (10mins) - MAP
- Chez Janou - favourite traditional brasserie (7mins) - MAP
- Cafe des Musees - typical historic brasserie (4mins) - MAP
- La Cafetheoque - Best coffee in Paris (15mins) - MAP
- Eglise Saint Gervais - incredible neo-gothic basilica with charming terrace cafes (15mins) - MAP
- Marche des enfants Rouge - oldest covered market in Paris, still a locals secret and a bustling place to buy gourmet goods or sit for lunch with the Parisians (7mins) - MAP
- Le Perchoir - chic rooftop cocktail bar (16mins) - MAP
- Les Bouquinistes - antique and rare print book sellers along the Seine from Pont Marie to Quai de Louvre (16mins) - MAP
- Rue de la Roquette - street lined with bars, restaurants, live music venues - nightspot (12mins) - MAP
- Merci - gorgeous cafe and design concept store (3mins) - MAP
- The Broken Arm - one of Paris' new trendy cafes (10mins) - MAP
- Le Mary Celeste - local cocktail bar with food (4mins) - MAP
- Chez Nenesse - local family-style brasserie (5mins) - MAP
- Square George Cain - one of the typical Marais a secret tranquil garden oasis' that only locals know about (7min) - MAP