Max guests: 2
Queen (or twin): 1
Location: 18ème - Montmartre
6 mins walk
Street: Rue Joseph de Maistre
Nearby: Sacre Coeur Basilica
1 guest: 99.00 euro/night
2 guests: 110.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Welcome to a cosy and romantic studio retreat in Montmartre village, Paris. A perfect artists abode, (Van Gogh even painted this buildings facade the painting known as 'View of building' as he lived in the apartment right across the road) with amazing views over the famous Rue Abbesses and of the Sacre Coeur Basilica, this is a very unique and private self contained studio with all you need to live independently.
About your host:
Nicole, your host, is in her forties. She lives with her daughter Anaïs born in 1999. Nicole is an artist and an actor, singer, dancer and mime-artist at a theatre. She has worked in companies as a trilingual secretary, and she has tried several jobs, for safety and by curiosity. She has written novels, movie scripts and theatre productions. In 2008 she had the idea of offering her spare studio located on the same floor as her own apartment, to receive travelers coming to Paris in her home in Montmartre, where she would have opportunities to meet travelers from all over the world and share her city tips and secrets with.
She speaks fluent German and good English.
Nicole is not often at her home during the day, as she
works at the theatre. If you
want to have a drink with her, please request plan it before your arrival,
otherwise you might just meet for a few minutes from time to time. If it is planned Nicole would be delighted to spend time together, she is a friendly lady who loves to exchange with her guests whenever possible.
About the studio apartment:
The building where Nicole lives was built at the end of the 19th century. The Paris studio apartment is located on the 6th floor without elevator (as it is a historic listed building), which gives a marvelous view on the roofs of Paris and on the Sacré Coeur Basilica.
This studio apartment is located at the end of the corridor just down the hall from Nicoles own apartment. From the corridor at this end of the hall is a small private entry separated by a curtain. Upon entering this entry you will find a door to your left which is your private shower and toilet. To the right is the doorway into your bedroom and Kitchenette. In this small entry, there also is a library and green plants.
Our Petite Paris studio is approximately 17 m2 square meters and is equipped with an american
style kitchen with a bar on which you can have breakfast or other
The bed area is quiet and well lit by daylight, and has two large French windows opening onto a small balcony with stools covered with flowers with a beautiful view on the Sacré Coeur. There is another small balcony on the other side of the studio near the kitchenette that looks out over the Paris rooftops and faces the building where Vincent Van Gogh once lived. Van Gogh's famous painting 'View of building' is of this very building which he painted from across the street.
The bedroom offers two options for sleeping: a comfortable sofa which can open and transformed either into a Queen size double bed, or into two separate single beds (80 cm x 190 cm).
Upon your request when you make your reservation, the bedroom will be prepared according to your wishes when you arrive. If it is not specified by you the bed will be made up as a Queen.
The walls and shelves in this studio are decorated with many pieces or artworks, books, frames, old collected tins and much bric-a-brac, as this is one of Nicole's own homes with her personal collections through. This makes for a very intriguing arty atmosphere but it is not for guests who are seeking a simpler clean home with less decorative and personal items.
There are no rugs or carpets in this apartment making it friendly to those with allergies.
There is a television set in the bedroom (please ask Nicole how to use it at arrival), shelves with books, CDs, an armchair, a coffee table and a wardrobe.
About the kitchen:
The American style kitchen with a bar is equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, hot plates, an oven, a coffee machine, a kettle, a toaster, dishes, and the basics are left for you for light cooking such as tea, coffee, salt, pepper, oil, vinegar, pasta, rice etc.
About the shower and toilets:
This accommodation offers excellent comfort for its price but it is a little special
as far as the shower room is concerned.
The shower room is just facing the front door of the apartment, however you do not have to go out into the hall way to access it as there is a little entry section separated from the corridor by a large curtain, that you step into first. The reason for such a set up is that back in the day the building cleaners and maids lived in the top floors of the Paris buildings and there was one utility bathroom on the level to be shared by all living in their apartments. It is a very historic and authentic set up.
The shower and toilet is for your unique use and equipped with a shower and a sink, as well as toilets.
Bath products, bath towels and a hair dryer are at your disposal.
As Nicole works, breakfast will not be served, but all ingredients will be left at your disposal.
The kitchen is modern and well equipped, and you will find all the necessary items
to prepare breakfast by yourself: coffee, tea, chocolate, milk,
orange juice, butter, jams, toasts, sliced bread.
Nicole will tell you where the nearest bakery is so you can buy your baguette and croissants, as the Parisians do. She can also bring you baguette and croissants in the evening, and you will just have to warm them in the morning (upon request).
For an additional cost of 5 euros per person, you host can put eggs, cheese and ham in your refrigerator.
In order to compensate her not being at home at breakfast time, Nicole will offer you a bottle of wine on your arrival or will invite you for a drink if her schedule allows it.
- According to their schedules, Anaïs or Nicole can accompany you for a
guided tour in Montmartre for an additional cost of 25 euros for a visit
of one hour.
- During the week, your arrival or drop of your bags is only possible before 8.30 am or after 5.30 pm. If you contact Nicole before coming, she can let you know a shop where you can put your bags before she comes back. If Anaïs is back from school, she will give you the keys. Do not hesitate to discuss about it with Nicole before you arrive.
- Check out is by 10am
- Your host does not smoke and wishes to receive only non-smoking guests.On Weekends Nicole can welcome you any time so long as guests advise well in advance.
- Your host does not have pets and does not want to receive any at her home.
- When Nicole gives you the keys, she may ask you to leave your passport or identity card to her.Or a copy.
- An iron and ironing table will be at your disposal in the bedroom.
- You can use the washing machine which is in the kitchen.
- Nicole is wifi equipped, but it does not always work in the guest room. In that case, she has a USB card for you.
To enhance your stay we offer guests staying at this apartment an intimate tour of the city with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. To BOOK this service please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. COST: 100euro for 1.5hours for 4 guests.Booking/Deposit Payment:
- Booking Service fee is required to secure this apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and checkout.
- After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation.
- Balance is due on arrival/check-in to your host Nicole.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
18ème - Montmartre
This studio is in Montmartre hill, in the Abbesses area. This area, famous with the movie 'Amélie Poulain' is very pleasant to live in with a nostalgic old-world cobblestoned romantic atmosphere. It is known as the artists village with lots of little laneways and nooks and crannies to explore and artists tend to sit on the street painting away. It is an area that has kept the old 17thC soul of Paris. It is also a historic area where many artists lived in the past: painters, writers, musicians. Very easy to reach with public transportation, lots of buses and subways will take you everywhere in Paris within a few minutes. You can reach the Sacré Coeur and the Tertre Square within 15 minutes' walk, the Opera, Louvre and Saint-Germain-des-Prés by a direct bus respectively within 15, 20 et 25 minutes, and more. Nicole would be delighted to help you with tips.
We also recommend the following secret insider spots walking distance from home:
- Soul Kitchen - delicious organic cafe, 13mins - MAP
- Place Dalida - picturesque square dedicated to the diva of French music, 9mins - MAP
- Villa Leandre - most expensive street in Paris, 17thC country homes, 9mins - MAP
- Hotel Particulier - secret garden cafe for gourmet weekend Brunch, 8mins - MAP
- Clos Montmartre - the last winery in Paris, 12mins - MAP
- Cinema Studio 28 - local arthouse cinema, movies with subtitles, 3mins - MAP
- Lapin Agile - A MUST! A traditional cave Cabaret, for a night of amazing fun entertainment, 13mins - MAP
- Jardin Frederic Dard - charming hidden park one would never find unless they know it is there 9mins - MAP
- Montmartre Cemetary - tranquil and beautiful cemetery with famous French poets, writers, artists buried in incredible tombs, 5mins - MAP
- Gontran Cherrier - award winning Boulangerie with the best pan au chocolates in Paris, 2mins - MAP
- Le Cafe Qui Parle - budget friendly yet large lavish brunches on sundays, 3mins - MAP
- Musee de la Vie Romantique - a MUST see. Museum of romance with gorgeous garden cafe - 10mins - MAP