Max guests: 3
Location: 3ème - Le Marais
Metro: St Paul
7 min walk
Street: Rue de Turenne
Nearby: Place des Vosges
1 guest: 95.00 euro/night
2 guests: 95.00 euro/night
3 guests: 110.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 3
Welcome to a typical Parisian studio, a simple self-contained private attic space for up to 3 guests. This studio is a very basic and compact studio on the 5th floor of a historic building. It has 2 small ceiling windows to allow light to reach the depths of the dark Paris attic spaces, and an energetic adequate amount of light is enjoyed. The draw-card of such a basic studio is the price, the location - right in the heart of the sought after Marais - and the functional living / practical aspects with a basic kitchenette (workbench) with cooking utensils, stovetop, sink, small fridge, kettle, small shower and toilet, single bed on the mezzanine (with ladder access) and double bed. We recommend this studio for physically able persons and those on a budget.
About your host:
Tony is of French origin and has lived in Paris all his life. He and his partner Marie-Christine have been hosting guests in her Paris B&B for 30 years. Marie Christine looks after the 2 B&B guestrooms (also offered by Petite B&Bs) in the same building, while Tony looks after this studio.
About the Studio:
The Studio is located on the 5th floor (no elevator) in the Hotel de Joyeuse, a historic monument dating back from the XVII century, when the King Louis the XIII had the Place Royale built (Place des Vosges since the Revolution). Located in an old house, reminiscent of the historic area - le Marais. Hence guests will find all sorts odd peculiarities about the home that is so alluringly characteristic of typical old Paris homes i.e slopping flooring, odd shaped doors, creaks etc. Authentic seeking travellers will appreciate and love it.The studio is well equipped, with heating and fan, surface of 15 m2 with a mezzanine floor of 5 m2. This studio flat is ideal for work or vacation and wifi works well. Within find one double bed, 1.20m, on the mezzanine and two mattresses of 0.90m downstairs. In the shower there are towels provided with hairdryer and dish towels in the kitchenette along with microwave, fridge, tableware and cutlery, welcome tray with tea/coffee/milk/sugar, a nespresso coffee machine and a folding table. There is a lovely boulangerie in front of the building for morning fresh croissants and baguettes as well as convenient grocery stores.
Please note: this studio is on the 5th floor without lift and is therefore not suitable for those with physical limitations.
Tony will leave all the essentials cold items in your fridge. OJ, milk, tea and coffee, yogurts and fruit, butter and jam. Guests can enjoy a true Parisian life by purchasing from the local boulangerie their fresh crisp croissants and baguettes. However as an additional optional service, Guests are invited to enjoy a proper traditional B&B breakfast spread downstairs at our B&B Marie-C. Marie-C runs a B&B in her charming Paris home for guests staying in her 2 guestrooms. Guests at this studio are encouraged to partake of Marie-Christines kind invitation to join her and her guests for breakfast @ 10euro per person per morning. It will be a jolly event! :) To accept this invitation guests can select it at the time of booking/checkout. OR they can advise Petite B&Bs prior to arrival.
About the bathroom:
The shower in this studio is not a room but a cubicle with shower curtain that sits next to the kitchenette area and has been built in around the steps that lead up to the mezzanine. Please note: Space is limited here.
The toilet sits next to the shower cubicle and is not in a room either, but open in the room, sitting beneath the stairs that lead to the mezzanine also. Please refer to our photo gallery images. Though an additional toilet is located outside the studio in the hallway if guests wish for privacy.
To enhance your stay we offer guests staying at this apartment an intimate tour of the city with our Paris chauffeur Karyn. Karyn will pick you up and the home and in her impeccably comfortable vehicle, and like your own concierge she will whisk you away to all the best spots of Paris. A charming local Karyn offers prestigious service while being her warm genuine self offering information and tips about the city. She will quickly and easily become a friend in Paris. To BOOK this service please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org. COST: 100euro for 1.5hours for up to 4 guests.
- Deposit payment is required to secure this studio via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and checkout.
- After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation and a Petite B&B representative will be in contact with you shortly after to confirm your specific arrival time and details.
- On arrival at your apartment the remaining balance is due in euro cash to your apartment owner
- Towels & Linens
Check in and Check out:
- Your host/apartment owner Tony will welcome you at the apartment.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know prior to arrival.
- Check-out by 10AM - leaving luggage is also possible on departure day if you have a late flight/train, if you let your host know prior to departure.
- Tony does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The apartment is non smoking.
- The apartment is wifi equipped
- There is no laundry facility at this studio but there is a self service laundry close-by.
- This studio is located on the fifth floor of a traditional historic Paris building without lifts. We do not recommend it for those with physical limitations due to this reason.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
3ème - Le Marais
Your studio resides in Le Marais vvillage, the 'old Paris', exuding old world charm with 17th Century mansions turned into residences, endless cobble stone streets, hidden gardens, courtyards, cafés, bars and terrace-filled streets, galleries, museums, markets and ornate boulangeries. It has a pulsating nightlife and is a local designer shopping spot too. From your home you are moments walk to Place des Vosges, Musee Carnavalet (History of Paris museum), Musee Picasso, Archives Nationales, Rue des Francs Bourgeois shopping strip and you can cross the Seine River to Saint Louis island, ile de la Cité and Notre Dame. Metro and buses are minutes from your home.
We recommend the following insider places near home:
- Village Saint Paul - a secret courtyard village of antiques shops and cafes (6mins) - MAP
- Rue de Lappe - take a stroll here in the evening behind the
Bastille with many well known Parisian cafes - we recommend "Le temps
des cerises” (11mins) - MAP
- Saint Martin Canal - for walks and picnics with the Parisians just 15min walk away - MAP
- Marche Popincourt farmers market near the Canal for your cheeses, breads, wine i.e picnic goods - MAP
- Boulevard Richard Lenoir Market - fresh market on Thursdays - a Parisians favourite (8mins) - MAP
- Le Double Fond - a local secret and hilarious entertaining Parisian magique show experience (4mins) - MAP
- Place du Marché Sainte Catherine - charming little shaded terrace is a must in Summer (4mins) - MAP
- L'Eclair de Genie - best Eclairs in Paris (5mins) - MAP
- Chez Janou - favourite traditional brasserie (3mins) - MAP
- Cafe des Musees - typical historic brasserie (2mins) - MAP
- La Cafetheoque - Best coffee in Paris (12mins) - MAP
- Eglise Saint Gervais - incredible neo-gothic basilica with charming terrace cafes (12mins) - MAP
- Marche des enfants Rouge - oldest covered market in Paris, still a locals secret and a bustling place to buy gourmet goods or sit for lunch with the Parisians (10mins) - MAP
- Le Perchoir - chic rooftop cocktail bar (13mins) - MAP
- Les Bouquinistes - antique and rare print book sellers along the Seine from Pont Marie to Quai de Louvre (10mins) - MAP
- Rue de la Roquette - street lined with bars and restaurants, live music venues, very lively nightspot (10mins) - MAP