Max guests: 4
Location: Cordes Sur Ciel
Street: Rue Saint Gregoire
1 guest: 150.00 EUR/night
2 guests: 150.00 EUR/night
3 guests: 163.00 EUR/night
4 guests: 163.00 EUR/night
Minimum nights: 4
Max guests: 4
Welcome to Maison Marie, a very special 1960s cottage home, sitting on the hilltop of Cordes-Sur-Ciel village, offered to you by owner Marie Bird. "When we purchased our house, it was a simple 1960’s stone cottage set in a large garden, in need of care and renewal. We were fortunate to find a wonderful team of artisans and an architect who gave the house a totally new design whilst retaining the essence of a village home"
Petite B&Bs, Maison Marie is built on the second tier of walls surrounding the village, and takes advantage of stunning views from floor to ceiling windows and a wide garden terrace. The home offers all the comforts of the 21st century with splendid, serene views across the Cerou valley.
The Tarn region of Sth France where Cordes-Sur-Ciel is located, is removed from the well worn paths of foreign
tourism, and offers serenity and spectacular scenery to those looking
for new adventures. The small bastide town of Cordes-sur-Ciel offers history, natural
beauty, great food, wine and a sense of escape from the well trodden
routes. As quoted by Camus "Cordes - one of those two or three places awaiting each of us in this world".
Cordes-sur-Ciel is located 75km north east of Toulouse, and is regarded as
one of the most beautiful villages in France. As one of the gems of the
region, its unique 13th and 14th century Gothic houses are reminiscent of
Renaissance Tuscany, and the cobbled streets, large Halle (open air
stone buildings are evocative of an earlier era. In 2014 Cordes sur Ciel was awarded the accolade of "Le Village Préféré des Français"
In 1993 the town was named Cordes-sur-Ciel (Cordes in the sky) instead of just Cordes as it was, to reflect the illusion created by the mists settling in the valley below, of a village floating above the clouds.
Getting to Cordes-sur-Ciel: There is Cordes Vindrac train station that is 12km from the home NOTE: Our Property Manager will pick you up from this station. Toulouse is the closest major Train station with train to Cordes Vindrac
About the cottage:
"We recently undertook major renovations to a village bungalow and the result is a comfortable, tasteful home with splendid views across the Cerou Valley" Says Marie. "Maison Marie offers you the opportunity to spend a while in a wonderfully preserved, yet lively, medieval bastide village, with all the comforts of 21st century living. We invite you to share the enchantment from our home in Cordes-sur- Ciel"
The House comprises:
- A charming entrance hall overlooking the courtyard garden
- Long views from the entrance through the living area
- Two double bedrooms with queen size beds, built in robes, one with french doors to the terrace, the other facing the courtyard garden, all linen provided
- Two fully equipped en-suite bathrooms with hair dryers and heated towel racks
- Open plan living area stretching the full width of the house
- Fully equipped designer kitchen with all electric double oven, hot plate, dish washer and refrigerator
- Breakfast bar and stools
- Plug and play digital flat screen TV with Freeview TV
- Internet access
- DVD Player and CD Player with built in Ipod dock
- Underfloor heating and cooling
- A washing machine with dryer and ironing facilities
- Attractive large terrace with outdoor eating facilities
- A terraced garden facing north with views across the landscape
- A cleaning service can be provided on request; additional charges will apply
- If you require a third bedroom during your stay, we may be able to
offer a self contained chambre d’hôte next door. There is 10% discount
for the Chambre if booked in conjunction with a booking for Maison Marie.
- Booking Service fee is necessary to secure this home. This service fee is non refundable at any time. However it remains a credit for up to 12 months should guests cancel at least 30 days prior to arrival.
- Deposit payment of 20% of the total amount is due next to the host/owner within 24hrs of booking. Guests will be sent a registered invoice from the home owner directly.
- The balance of payment must be received 6 weeks prior to arrival. The owner reserves the right to retain the deposit if cancellation is made less than 6 weeks of arrival.
- If the balance remains unpaid after the due date the owner reserves the right to regard the booking as cancelled and shall be entitled to retain the deposit.
- For bookings made less than 6 weeks prior to arrival date immediate payment of the total cost is required.
- The client is strongly advised to take out travel insurance which includes cancellation costs.
- Cancellation: 80% refund of deposit if cancelled more than six weeks in advance, or 80% of full payment returned if cancelled less than six weeks from the date the booking was to commence.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Clothes Hanger
- TWIN Beds
- Luggage Rack
- Shelves storage
- Bedroom Balcony
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Gourmet Tour
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Yoga class
10/08/2016 by Sarah - AUS
Comment: We had a fab week here after a friendly welcome from Janine. House was lovely but it is definitely the view that makes it. Cordes was a lovely town with plenty of places to eat. Lovely places to visit locally, great Sunday market nearby. The only negative was being directly below Cordes viewing point which meant while you were relaxing in the garden people were looking over the wall but we got used to it and it would not put us off staying again.
27/07/2016 by Jim
Comment: “The moment we walked through the terraced garden and into the entrance hall, we felt comfortable and relaxed as we would when staying with friends. The house is a very welcoming home.”
01/06/2016 by N/A
Comment: We stayed in Maison Marie for a week in May 2016 and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The responsive service of the owner and the property manager made booking the house and then moving in on a public holiday very easy indeed. The old village at the top of the hill is delightful for art and craft shopping, restaurants and a good local wine shop. Daily living supplies are available in the lower village and it is a relatively easy walk back to the house, especially if you take the paths through the woods. There are many lovely villages nearby and it is an easy drive to Albi and all its treasures. The house was perfect and our holiday was wonderful.
27/07/2015 by Bob.K - AUS
Comment: A blissful week that exceeded our expectations... La Maison Marie had everything we could wish for. The only hard part was leaving...”
About the Neighbourhood
Cordes Sur Ciel
Our cottage located in Cordes-Sur-Ciel village, is in the Tarn region of Franceremoved from the well worn paths of foreign tourism, and offers serenity and spectacular scenery to those looking for new adventures. The small bastide town of Cordes-sur-Ciel offers history, natural beauty, great food, wine and a sense of escape from the well trodden routes. Cordes-sur-Ciel is located 75km north east of Toulouse and is regarded as one of the most beautiful villages in France. As one of the gems of the region, its unique 13th and 14th century Gothic houses are reminiscent of Renaissance Tuscany, and the cobbled streets, large Halle (open air marketplace) and stone buildings are evocative of an earlier era. In 2014 Cordes sur Ciel was awarded the accolade of Le Village Préféré des Français. And as quoted by Albert Camus "Cordes - one of those two or three places awaiting each of us in this world". There is a renewal underway as more people realise what a jewel this village is, undertaking the slow and arduous process of restoring many of the buildings, and ensuring the ongoing survival of this beautiful spot. The annual medieval festival of the Grand Fauconnier is held on 13 & 14 July and is followed by Music sur Ciel, held in the Eglise Saint-Michel. Other festivals include gastronomic and Christmas fetes. In summer there are several evening markets, the march nocturne, featuring local produce and music. In 1993 the town was renamed Cordes-sur-Ciel (Cordes in the sky) to reflect the illusion created by the mists settling in the valley below, of a village floating above the clouds.