Max guests: 10
King (or twin): 2
Street: Rua do Roasrio
Level: G (with lift)
Nearby: Jardim do Palacio de Cristal
1 guest: 132.00 euro/night
2 guests: 137.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Max guests: 10
Welcome to B&B AURORA a gorgeous private residence run by the lovely hostess and owner Paula and her team of B&B assistants, built around 1870 in the historical centre of Porto, Portugal. Retaining the unique character of the building and leaving the structure untouched, this is a design and eco-friendly B&B guesthouse meeting the needs of modern life and the requirements of contemporary travelers of all ages.
The people who built this residence left their mark on this beautiful townhouse with their sense of beauty and style, and their great sensitivity to form. An arts and crafts building and a peaceful home away from home, Paula's desire was to create an atmosphere where aesthetics and functionality embraced quietness and a discrete elegance, respecting the organics of the building; for contemporary women travelers.
Note: This is a B&B that is NOT strictly women only. You may find other rooms occupied by women and their significant partners and families.
Transforming the house into a home and a guesthouse was accomplished through a delicate and intensely creative
collaborative project involving the architect Tiago Oudman (from Studio
Kunchi), the interior design by Paula (photographer/artist) and the
supporting spirit of Massimo (journalist/musician) and a wonderful team of artisans.
About the House:
This arts and crafts building is a peaceful home away from home for travellers. The house is decorated with handcrafted furniture designed by Paula, some family antiques and a few classic design pieces.
Offering guests five large high ceiling bedrooms with a beautiful cosy warm light and very comfortable centrally heated interiors, some suites face the garden and some overlook our lovely street; most have balconies.
In each Petite B&B room are handmade wooden beds, hypoallergenic mattresses and pillows, 100% cotton linen and towels, 100% pure wool handmade blankets, eco-bio bath amenities.
Petite B&B AURORA is not an usual guesthouse. It is a home that invites guests to become part of the spirit of the house and feel the comfort of being at "home”. Being travellers ourselves, we know how pleasant it is to feel at home after a long day of absorbing new experiences, and how refreshing it is to come back to a relaxing and peaceful environment. You are welcome to spend your time the way you like.To view each of the 5 luxury suites with room details and amenities click images above
About the Garden:
Outdoors, the garden is a secret green oasis with its old trees where beautiful singing birds invite you to just take your time and do nothing, or comfortably read a book from our library, with a cup of tea or a drink from our honesty bar.
Being Mediterranean and slow food lovers, Paula and her teams breakfasts are based on just using the best and freshest products available, with alternatives for those who might be even more selective in their food choices. Paula buys from small local producers and local stores, mainly organic ones and also serves kosher breakfast. There is no kind of meat served. The breakfast is served in the breakfast room where you will find every morning nice and healthy goodies, so you can start well your day.
About our Services:
- Room Service
- Daily Cleaning
- Yoga Sticky Mat in the room
- Breakfasts daily
- The Living room has an honesty bar, open library, games and DVD's.
- Large garden with a terrace.
- Free wifi internet in the house and garden.
- Non Smoking building. (Smoking is only allowed in a specific area in the garden).
- Laundry and dry cleaning (on request at extra charge), or do it yourself at the public laundry / dry cleaning 100 meters distance from the house.
- Ironing tools (on request at reception).
- Toiletry kit (on request at reception at extra charge).
- Parking is available in several public garages 100 meters walking distance from the house. Daily price around 15 euros a day
- There is always someone in the house on hand to assist guests for whatever you need to have a memorable stay in Porto.
- For those who like photography, drawing and water colouring, Paula will be happy to guide your choices.
- Beside all accommodation services, we can offer to our guests an expert support for various craft and cultural activities.
- Tell us about your interests, and we will see what and how it can be arranged for you.
- Booking Service fee is required to secure this apartment via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and checkout
- After booking, you will receive an instant booking email confirming your reservation
- Balance is due on arrival/check-in to your host Paula or her representative.
- Your host Paula, or her representative at B&B Aurora will welcome you at arrival at the B&B
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Checkout is 12pm
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Clothes Hanger
- TWIN Beds
- Luggage Rack
- Shelves storage
- Bedroom Balcony
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Gourmet Tour
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Yoga class
This home hasn't been reviewed yet.
About the Neighbourhood
Our Petite 'B&B Aurora' is located right in the heart of the historical city, walking distance to all major manuments and attractions and an easy stroll downhill in 15mins to the mythical and magnificent Duoro River banks where you can cross the river to Vila Gaia de Nova for the famous Port wine tasting houses, or sail down the Duor river itself on a hafl or full day wineries visiting tour. Our B&B is situated in a safe secure village surrounded by local cafes, restaurants and shops and all amenities you would need. Immediately closeby within 5-10mins walk are the following must see monuments:
- Jardins do Palacio de Cristal - 7mins - MAP
- Rota do Cha - a lovely local teahouse - 3mins - MAP
- National Museums Soares de Reis - 6mins - MAP
- Praca de Carlos Albert - city square with monument and markets - 10 mins - MAP
- Clerigos Tower - 15mins - MAP
- Livraria Lello - the famous bookshop that inspired JK Rowling to write the Harry Potter series - 11mins - MAP
- Igreja do Carmo - one of Portos most beautiful churches - 9mins - MAP