Max guests: 11
Metro: Sao Bento
Street: Rua do Cativo
Level: G (with lift)
Nearby: Ponte Luis I Bridge
1 guest: 115.00 euro/night
2 guests: 115.00 euro/night
Minimum nights: 2
Welcome to an exceptional family-run B&B guesthouse in Porto, offered by the lovely Olivier and Marta and their team of helpers, this home is idyllically situated only 400m from the Porto Coliseum and 500 metres from the famous Douro River and the icon and biggest city attraction the Ponte Luis I Bridge, as this home sits in the trendy downtown 'Baixa' neighbourhood. Casa Olivier e Marta boasts an outdoor swimming pool and sweet garden, 3 deluxe guest rooms and a 2 bedroom private apartment over 2 floors in this classic Portuguese townhouse. This home was built in the 19th Century and has been luxuriously renovated for guests comfort and pleasure.
Also nearby Petite B&Bs, Casa Olivier e Marta, is Clerigos Tower only 500 m away, while the chic Paris Galleries Street ( a wonderful nightspor) is a 7-minute walk from the property. Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport is 12 km away.
Guest rooms at Petite B&Bs, Casa Olivier e Marta are fitted with a flat-screen TV with
cable channels. Each room comes with a coffee machine, while certain
rooms also offer a balcony and others also boast garden views. The rooms
all have a private bathroom and free toiletries. To see the full details of each individual room please click the images of each room above.
A continental breakfast is available each morning at the property offered by Olivier and his wife who personally run the B&B service. This is a perfect opportunity to chat with your hosts and get plenty of tips and advice about the city.
At Petite Porto Casa Olivier e Marta there is also a sun terrace for guests to enjoy anytime.
- Deposit payment is required to secure a room at this B&B via secure online payment using credit card or Paypal. Simply enter your dates and click BOOK, you will be prompted to enter your details and 'request a booking'
- A Petite B&B representative will approve your request and send
back an email with link to finalize your booking with that deposit
payment. Once deposit is sent guests will receive an instant booking
confirmation email with arrival details and instructions.
- Balance is due on arrival/check-in to your host Olivier
- Your B&B hosts Olivier and/or Marta will welcome you at the B&B.
- Check-in time is generally after 2PM. Guests may have earlier access if they request it prior to arrival, if there are no prior guests and cleaning has been completed.
- Arrival and deposit of your bags is possible anytime if you let your host know and you can have immediate access to the apartment if there is no departure of other guests and if the room has been cleaned/ prepared for you. Otherwise, you can access it in the afternoon after cleaning.
- Check-out 12pm
- Olivier does not accept pets in the apartment.
- The B&B is non smoking.
- Your hosts B&B is wifi equipped.
- Air Conditioning
- Lift or Ground floor
- Private Entry
- With a View
- Baby friendly
- Babybed (x1)
- Private Bathroom
- Shared Bathroom
- Bathtub (with shower)
- Shower (walk-in)
- Tea/coffee Making
- Bedroom Balcony
- Shelves storage
- Luggage Rack
- TWIN Beds
- Bedroom Desk
- Bedroom TV
- Kitchen Use
- Coffee Machine
- Private Lounge
- Shared Lounge
- Host Languages
- English Speaking
- French speaking
- Spanish speaking
- Italian speaking
- Portuguese speaking
- German speaking
- Dutch speaking
- Japanese speaking
- Korean speaking
- Chinese speaking
- Media & Technology
- Phone - local calls
- Free overseas calls
- General Services
- Airport transfer - $
- Breakfast Delivery
- FREE laundry service
- Room Service
- Safety Box
- FREE Parking on-site
- Cleaning INCLUDED
- Cleaning - $
- 24hr assistance
- 24hr tea/coffee
- Luggage storage
- Laundry - $
- Parking - $
- Car Hire - $
- Breakfast INCLUDED
- Breakfast delivery (1st morning only)
- Specialty Services
- Language lessons
- Friendly conversations (English)
- Guide/Tour by Car
- Wine on Arrival
- Flowers and/or wine at arrival
- Platters with wine or champagne
- Home cooked meals
- Cooking lessons
- Guided walks
- Art lessons
- Gourmet Tour
20/07/2018 by Bernadette
Comment: Casa Cativo is a beautifully renovated old building. We felt right at home, not only because of the lovingly finished interior, but also because of the warm and welcoming hosts, Marta and Olivier. Not only were they a perfect source for great local food spots, they also provided us with a fulminant breakfast, including homemade jams and local specialties. Furthermore they actually took us out with them on a boat trip on the Douro river, providing us with a different view of Porto and impressions of the river.
13/05/2018 by Ruth - Switzerland
Comment: Everything was perfect!! Thank you so much. The house and the the room was wonderful. We really liked the interior decoration. Also the garden with the pool was fantastic to relax. It's situated very central. The breakfast was extraordinary. We followed the recommendations of the lovely hosts and had a fantastic stay at porto. Thank you again!!!!
10/03/2018 by Maria - AUS
Comment: The hosts were amazing! Friendly and extremely helpful. The two bedroom suite was tastefully designed to the smallest detail, yet it was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was yum! One of the nicest places I have ever stayed and excellent value for money!
About the Neighbourhood
Our B&B is located in the downtown 'Baixa' neighbourhood of Porto, 500m to the historic centre and the famous Douro river - a medieval village with colourful winding little cobblestone streets with beautiful buildings and facades, medieval churches, typical cafes, restaurants, traditional Portuguese craft shops etc. This home is also easy walking access to all the other main sights of the city (as listed below) and the trendy nightlife district with beautiful bars and restaurants. This is an extremely scenic and practical area. Take a stroll along the river’s banks or take a half or full day sail down the river and explore the Pont de D.Luis the infamous 300m steel bridge that connects to Vila Nova de Gaia on the other side of the river where all the Port Wine tasting rooms are. The rest of the main sights of the city are only a 10-15min walk from this B&B. Such as:
- Praca da Ribeiro - 9 min - MAP
- Ingreja do Sao Lourenco 6 min - MAP
- Torre de Clerigos - 8 mins walk - MAP
- Sao Bento - 3 mins walk - MAP
- Majestic Cafe - 6 mins walk - MAP
- Livraria Lello - 9 mins - MAP
- Palacio de Bolsa - 9 mins - MAP
- Ingreja do Carmo - 11mins - MAP
- Se Porto - 3 mins - MAP
- Vila Nova de Gaia - 15mins - MAP