Petite B&Bs Terms and Conditions of Bookings
* With the Booking Fee payment of your select B&B or apartment you are agreeing complying with these terms & conditions as outlined below.
* It is guests responsibility to read these T&Cs before booking; as booking fee payment is immediate confirmation and agreement to the T&CS below.
Petite B&Bs is an online accommodation service offering select B&B home accommodations to travellers. Within these T&Cs homeowners hereinafter called ‘Host’ & guests wishing to stay in these accommodations hereinafter called ‘Guest’.
Also see our Quality of Charter for more information about the quality of standard assurance for the Petite B&B/apartment catalogue.
- B&B's: This kind of ‘accommodation’, allows Guests to have at their disposal a bedroom and bathroom (bathroom may or may not be private depending on the accommodation – see the homes description webpage), a continental breakfast that may be served (unless specified – see the homes description webpage), bed sheets, blankets or quilts and bath towels are always provided. In some cases B&Bs come with guests own private entry and/or private suite that can include an additional lounge or living space that is private for guests use only, balcony etc (see the homes description webpage). Paris B&Bs are classified and certified as authentic B&Bs by the Paris Tourism Bureau Office and have been inspected, approved and registered with their local neighbourhood ‘Mairie’ (local Town Halls) as quality approved professional family-run B&B homes meeting a strict B&B Quality of Charter.
Private apartments: are self-contained real homes given up by the owner to allow guests to experience a real lived-in (yet professionally presented) family home - for the exclusive use of travelers/guests (see home description webpage). Private homes are for guests’ private use entirely, hosts live either in the same building or nearby to be able to provide assistance and support any time, and private apartments include breakfast baskets left on arrival with provisions for breakfasts, and bed linens and blankets and towels.
- Guests must be adults (over 18 years old) or minors who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. No unaccompanied minor(s) will be booked into an accommodation recommended by Petite B&Bs Paris.
- No booking can be made for an arrival within less than 36 business hours (for Paris - French bank holidays not included)
I. Acceptance of the accommodation:
- Guests must provide the basic essential personal and travel details to Petite B&Bs needed to complete the online booking process. Guests booking manually through direct communication with a Petite B&B representative will be sent the link for the booking form to complete. The details provided to Petite B&B must be 100% correct. E.g. the number of guests, make up (number of adults vs. children and babies), bedding requirements etc. Guests will find all home descriptions very detailed and transparent and can use the automatic system to enter their dates and details and should feel confident to book alone – live chat is available for any queries for guests who wish to ask a quick question before or during booking process.
- Guests must be particularly careful about the conditions stated on their B&B description made by the subsequent Host taking into consideration the varying conditions and living arrangements – as all our homes are unique and different from the next with different host rules. E.g. some Hosts do not receive single men, children or animals; smoking vs. non-smoking rooms or homes; some hosts offer rooms with allergens i.e. feathers, fabrics, carpets etc; some hosts can only received Guests early in the morning or in the evening hours on the day of their arrival (Check in times are provided on the home description page); some Hosts have minimum nights (guests using the automatic system to check dates and availability do not need to worry as only homes that match their number of nights will show and be available to book automatically); some Hosts smoke or have animals; some Hosts live on a high floor and there may not be an elevator etc. The variations are limitless and the descriptions provided by Petite B&Bs are as precise as possible in terms of size, layout, style and location to help Guests select an accommodation, which is appropriate for him/he
- Additional beds such as mattresses on the ground, sofas etc are offered if detailed in the accommodation descriptions and are only offered for children traveling with their parents (unless otherwise specified).
- Guests have responsibility of ensuring the B&B/apartment meets their needs,requirements and any personal preferences or styles by reading the general online description or requesting the information they want and need from Petite B&B's representative and inquiring about any aspects or details that they are unsure about or that are not already covered, before proceeding with booking i.e. making their booking fee payment). Points to note: Typically Parisian, Portuguese (and European in general) apartments are known to be on the smaller side, with thinner walls etc. Guests must not choose a shared B&B or apartment if they feel they will experience lack of space or privacy in any way. Petite Paris will help advise of the specific layouts and privacy levels in shared scenarios if guests request it but the selection is the responsibility of the guest.
- After booking payment (necessary to secure the home) the Full balance owing to the host is due on arrival in euro cash. It is guests’ responsibility to offer this up front on arrival immediately after they have checked in. Any early departure is considered a cancellation on the guests’ behalf and the full balance will still be due to the host unless the B&B/apartment is found to be at firm fault, in which case Petite B&Bs will investigate before issuing a refund. Please read Cancellation policy/processes in T&Cs below and follow full instructions should you wish to vacate your Petite B&B/apartment early. Failure to comply with the steps will result in no investigation or refund.
- If Guests have any doubt about their choice in accommodation they must contact Petite B&Bs before proceeding to the booking fee payment stage.
- If a booking has been made and confirmed for an accommodation that is discovered later (before arrival) to be inappropriate by the guest and for any reason, an offer to change for another appropriate accommodation (if one is available) will be offered to the Guest and the Guest must pay a fixed fee of 50Euro for this change. If no other accommodation is available or appropriate the Guest must proceed as if it were a cancellation and no refund of the booking fee will be given. Or they can choose to keep the booking. Please note terms below re: B&B/apartment cancellations and early departures with or without notice.
Note: If the new home is a higher rate than the originally booked home, guests will be required to pay the difference – this may include an additional booking fee amount and new (additional) balance payment due on arrival. If the rate of the new home is lower than the original, then no refund of the original booking fee is given. There are no refunds for booking fees at any time for any reason. As mentioned throughout our T&Cs it is guest’s responsibility to choose the right home by reading full home description and asking any extra or specific questions to Petite B&Bs as needed, before booking.
- Accommodation in a Bed and Breakfast and Paris is not the same as a hotel. These rooms are all offered by private families in their homes and must be treated with respect and care, as you would your own home. Guest is prohibited from showing strangers into our homes unless requested and approved.
- Guests are not authorized to drink alcohol in our homes. Any drinking allowed by hosts must be done in moderation; guest must not ‘become’ drunk and cause any disturbance to the apartment or building.
- Guest is not authorized to use any drugs or be under the influence of drugs in the accommodation (except if guest has a doctors prescription).
- Guest must follow all restrictions described in our description of accommodation online.(For example no smoking)
II. Confirmation of Booking and deposits
- Booking fee/payment, is anywhere from 10-30% of the nightly rate depending on the B&B/apartment chosen. Booking payment is not a discount off the balance owing on arrival, but a sum based on the whole nightly rate and total sum of your stay e.g 100euro per night with 10euro per night as booking fee - a 5 night stay is 50euro booking payment and 450euro on arrival. The booking fee is simply a security to save and secure the B&B or apartment chosen for guests dates - it is nonrefundable at any time for any reason.
- Upon receipt of your booking fee you will receive a confirmation email of your booking, announcing the secure booking of the apartment with the complete contact details of your host, the precise address and directions to arrive safely at your Parisian accommodation.
- At host's request, for security reasons, Petite B&Bs cannot disclose precise address of their private homes until after booking. An approximate location map has been provided on the B&B/apartment description detailing the closest metro station and the approx. walking distance to it. Should guests need more accurate information they must enquire before booking and Petite B&Bs will provide as much extra detail as possible without breeching host agreement. i.e precise street and whereabouts in that street and any additional location information if requested as needed.
- The confirmation of any accommodation is only for the use of the registered Guest and the listed people who accompany him/her. It cannot be transferred to another visitor or group.
- There are no refunds of deposits at any time, for any reason.
- Guests may not request refunds or deductions off their B&Bs/apartment nightly rate after booking payment has been made or after entering or departing their B&B/apartment for any reason. Guests are responsible for the enquiry of any discounts and deductions before booking.
III. Extension of the duration of the stay by the Guest
- The Guest cannot without preliminary request and confirmation from Petite B&Bs, stay in the accommodation more than the agreed duration as stated on the Guests ‘Contract’ and booking confirmation. In the event the Guest wishes to extend their stay, they must contact Petite B&Bs for a possible extension though this is not guaranteed, as the B&B/Apartment will be subject to availability. If the home is available for the extra date/s there will be an additional deposit amount requested (as deposits calculations are based on the number of nights booked) as well as new balance amount due on arrival.
III. Change of date by the Guest
- In the event the Guest wishes to change the date of his/her stay at the same B&B/apartment for the same number of nights, Guests must contact Petite B&Bs within 31 working days of their arrival date, for this possible change. If the home is available for the new dates the booking will be amended and a 50euro administration fee is charged. For change of dates with reduced nights please see section IV below – ‘Reduction of the length of the stay by the Guest’.
- It is possible for the Guest to change his/her dates and keep the benefit of the initial booking fee paid to Petite B&Bs as a credit towards a new booking if this change is carried out more than 31 days (working days) before his/her arrival at the accommodation of his/her host. The booking fee credit must be used for a re-booking within 12 months of the original booking date of the previous B&B/apartment. If this request takes place less than 31 days (working days) before the scheduled arrival date, the reservation is cancelled and the Guest must undergo another booking process as a unique undertaking, which has no relationship to the earlier reservation and booking. The initial deposit for the earlier reservation is lost and non refundable.
- If the host is not available for the new dates and if no other accommodation is available or is accepted by the Guest, the Guest must proceed as if it were a cancellation of his/her own doing and the initial booking fee is non-refundable.
IV. Reduction of the length of stay by the Guest
- Changes to length of stay as requested by the guest for any reason, incur a 50euro administrative fee to rebook and reissue booking confirmation. No part of the initial deposit payment is refundable in such a case.
- In the event the Guest wants to reduce the duration of his/her stay after his/her arrival for any reason at all, his/her Host is not obliged to refund the nights already due to him/her and no refund will be carried out by Petite B&BS of booking fee or balance payments.
- Guests who choose to leave the B&B/apartment early for any reason forfeit the full balance payment made to hosts on arrival. Only if B&Bs are found to be dis-satisfactory with any firm fault, in which case Petite B&Bs will investigate the claim before issuing a refund of the balance paid to Host on arrival.
IMPORTANT Procedure to depart a B&B/Apartment early – please read section V –‘Cancellation of the Stay by the Guest’.
IMPORTANT: we recommend guests take out TRAVEL INSURANCE in case an emergency arises where guests need to depart the home early or need to cancel within 31 days of arrival. As this is not a fault of the Petite B&B/Apartment or service Petite B&Bs will not refund any monies already paid to your host.
V. Cancellation of the stay by the Guest
- There are no refunds of booking fees already paid to Petite B&Bs, for any reason, at any time.
- If the Guest makes his/her cancellation at least 30 days (working days) before the date of arrival the amount of the initial booking payment will be valid for up to one year for another stay at the same accommodation or another accommodation depending on availability. If the Guest does not accept the accommodation offered at that time, and within the 12 months, he/she will lose the initial booking payment.
- It is only possible to keep the benefit of the initial booking fee paid to Petite B&Bs for just one cancellation. Re-booking of another B&B using this credit must be for a stay in Paris within 12 months of the date of cancellation notification.
- If the Guest makes his/her cancellation for any reason less than 30 working days before his arrival date, the booking fee amount paid to Petite B&Bs will not be refunded and it will not be possible to keep it for a future stay by the visitor. The service fee is forfeited.
- If the Guest cancels his/her stay for any reason, less than 30 working days before his/her arrival a 100% charge on the remaining balance that is owed to the host on arrival will be charged and must be paid. 1.5% daily charge for each day the due balance/amount is not paid after cancellation notification. No exceptions.
- In the event the visitor does not come to the accommodation on the day and time he is expected and does not inform Petite B&Bs and/or the Host of his/her absence (no-show), he/she must still pay the total amount due to his/her Host. Petite B&Bs will send an invoice for payment immediately. 1.5% daily charge for each day the due balance/amount is not paid after the invoice is sent. No exceptions.
- Guests who depart their B&B or apartment for any reason without prior notice to Petite B&Bs forfeit the balance paid to their B&B/apartment host. Petite B&Bs will send an invoice for payment immediately. 1.5% daily charge for each day the due balance/amount is not paid after the invoice is sent. No exceptions.
- Guests who encounter issues on arrival or DURING the course of their stay and wish to depart early must contact Petite B&Bs before departing the B&B/Apartment (and must remain at the home until Petite Paris replies with solution or answer) and must advise in writing. Petite B&Bs will investigate the claim and should the home be found firmly at fault Petite B&Bs will offer an alternate home(s) to relocate the guests. Failure to contact Petite B&Bs before departing is considered a cancellation by guest and no investigation or refunds of booking service fee or balance will be given and full balance is still due to host. Petite B&Bs will send an invoice for payment immediately. 1.5% daily charge for each day the due balance/amount is not paid after the invoice is sent. No exceptions. However with notice before departure Petite B&Bs will offer an alternate B&B or apartment swap that can accommodate comfortably the number of guests. If guest does not accept the new B&B/apartment the booking service fee remains a credit to the guest for 12 months.
* Note: Petite B&Bs are always getting new homes on board so the list of available homes at the time of your stay may be larger than the original list of options sent to guests at the time of booking enquiry. Opportunity to relocate into new suitable homes is possible.
- Grounds for departure not liable to the B&B and/or Petite B&Bs include any out-of-control instances, external city factors, weather/seasonal factors and instances or occurrences within B&Bs that are unforeseeable beyond the online descriptions of our homes I.e. items not grounds for refund of deposit or host balance, include but are not limited to:
Petite B&Bs and its listed B&Bs are not liable for general street noise, and such ‘out of control’ unforeseeable instances. Street noise is a city and street issue. While Petite B&Bs can recommend areas generally‘known’ to be quieter, or homes generally ‘known’ to be quiet, street traffic cannot be predicted and can still occur. B&Bs described with the assurance of a restful peaceful night are based on B&B comfort and the general location and does not imply a dishonest description, if any sudden unexpected street noise occurs for any reason.
Paris, Lisbon and European apartments in general are known to be small in general and with little ventilation and are known to be warm. (However Paris homes are mild even in summer and do not usually have air con as it is not needed –Summer months are mild in Paris with average 24 degrees). All B&Bs indicate if they have air con, heating or a fan in their guest rooms. If it is not described it is not provided. All Paris homes have heating, not all other cities may or may not offer heating. If it is not described it is not provided. Petite B&Bs and its homes are not at fault for seasonal temperature issues or any general building air/heat set-controls.
Petite B&Bs and its listed B&Bs are not held liable for any unforeseeable, unexpected and out of control dysfunctions or breaks of utilities if they occur during the course of the stay at the B&B/apartment. Nor do they imply dishonest descriptions of B&Bs/Apartments. Our descriptions are described as accurately as possible in as far as we can control them i.e. environmental style, decor, size, layout etc. and we inspect and test our homes regularly. However in the unlikely event that wear and tear does naturally occur, this is not a Petite B&B fault. If a functional issue occurs before guest arrival, hosts may notify Petite B&Bs and Petite B&Bs will advise guests (given time) prior to their arrival and guests can be swapped to another B&B/apartment. If guests do not accept the new apartment/B&B it is considered a cancellation on Guests behalf and full cancellation terms apply.
* Note: Petite B&Bs will always do its best to find the closest and closest match possible to replace the original home if this very unlikely event occurs. If there are no B&B's/apartments available for a swap and the issue is a real fault of the home that makes it impossible to stay, then Booking Fee is credited to the Guest for 12 months from the date of cancellation (extendable at discretion). In the case where guests are already at the home and the fault is un-fixable and no other homes are available guests will be able to depart and remaining monies due to host for the coming nights are refunded. No refund of the booking service fee already paid or payment of the nights already stayed is given for any reason. However this booking fee remains a credit to the guests with no time expiry. Refer section V5.
On the occasion hosts do not notify Petite B&Bs (time restraints or very sudden occurrences during the guests stay) guests must contact Petite Paris BEFORE DEPARTING the B&B/apartment, if the issue is too great for them to remain ‘i.e. a real fault of the home, and Petite B&Bs will direct them to an alternative B&B/apartment immediately. If guests depart without notifying Petite B&Bs first they forfeit the balance due to hosts for the full duration of their stay - please refer to cancellation policies without notice. If there are no homes available guests receive a 12-month credit for the booking service fee payment.
VI. ANY Changes made by the Guest after initial Booking has been confirmed:
- Any changes that need to be made to bookings after bookings have been secured – that is once guests have paid their booking service fee and received a confirmation email from Petite B&Bs - is charged at an administrative fee of 50euro per change. That includes any change of dates, change of number of nights, change to the number of guests. Note: For reduction in the number of guests NO booking fee amount already paid will be refunded but for increased number of guests there will be an additional deposit amount as well as balance due amount as rates are based on number of guests also. We ask Guests to be cautious of any possibility of changes and to advise Petite B&Bs only if 100% certain the change is needed so this charge is only incurred once. Multiple changes will incur multiple fees of 50euro.
VII. Cancellation of the stay by the Host:
Petite B&Bs reminds Guests that the real local B&B Hosts, while experienced and very hospitable, are not businesses. They are everyday citizens who dedicate themselves to offering their private family homes in a professional capacity to welcome travelers into their home, host them and help them experience their city intimately. On very rare occasions and for personal reasons the Hosts may be unable to host or receive the Guest – work, family commitments, emergencies etc. In this case, the Guest will be offered a replacement accommodation sufficient to accommodate the number of guests. Size, style, no. of bedrooms and location cannot be assured.
If guests refuse the new accommodation the booking fee is still non-refundable but shall remain a CREDIT to the guest to be used for any other booking in future with Petite B&B's and there is no time limit for this.
If there are no available homes that can accommodate the number of guests, the booking fee is still non-refundable but shall remain a CREDIT to the guest to be used for any other booking in future with Petite B&B's and there is no time limit for this. Booking service fees are non-refundable at any time for any reason.
Guests must contact Petite B&Bs should the host need to leave at any time during their stay or cancel the booking, so they can be relocated to a new Petite home prior to departing. Failure to do so means that booking service payment made to Petite B&Bs does not transfer into a credit and is then forfeit. Booking fee payment already paid are always non refundable.
Note: the Price of any new alternate B&B or apartment may naturally be higher than the cancelled apartment and the calculation will be worked out accordingly against the amount already paid. NOTE: the value of the new home has no baring on the issue of cancellation.
VIII. Arrival at the accommodation, payment to the Host and departure from the accommodation:
- The guest must come on the day and time written on his/her booking confirmation document (or inform his/her host 1 week prior to arrival if this time has changed since the time of booking OR inform the host of any delay).
- If the visitor does not give any information about his/her arrival time, the Host will wait for him/her only between 7.00pm and 8.00pm
- In the event of a delay, the guest must always inform the Host directly, even ifit is a delay due to a fight delay, train delay etc.
- If the Guest does not arrive at the accommodation within the three hours following his/her landing, or within two hours for an arrival by train, or at the time he/she was supposed to arrive without informing his/her Host, the Host does not have to wait for the visitor any longer and can offer his accommodation to another interested party.
- In any case the Guest must always personally contact his/her Host at least 7 days before his/her arrival to reconfirm the arrival time with him/her.
- Upon his/her arrival the Guest may be asked to confirm his/her identity and address by showing a piece of photo identification with address (identity card,passport, drivers license); he/she must have ready a photocopy of it to give to his/her Host, should the Host request it.
- The outstanding payment by the Guest is made in Euros and must be made to his/her Host upon arrival. Booking Fee payment is not a discount off the balance owing on arrival, but simply a payment for security to save the B&B/apartment chosen, and it is non refundable. Guests are asked to consider the payment on arrival as the ‘whole’ amount of their number of nights booked paid to their host.
- On arrival guests agree to pay the outstanding balance to their host up front on arrival (in Euro) BEFORE taking possession of their room or apartment, with understanding they have agreed to this Term with the booking fee payment of their B&B/apartment. When hosts cannot be there to receive guests they often send a friend or family member to greet guests (a step-in host) and guests must offer the due balance up front to the step-in hosts as if it were the regular host.
- Some hosts may ask to retain that piece of identification in exchange for the keys to the guest room or apartment or a cash deposit which will then be given back to the Guest upon departure and the keys are returned to the Host (in this case it will be written in the description of the accommodation)
- Guests who arrive at their B&B/apartment early (between 6am and 11am) may not have access to their B&B/apartment if there are guests departing. They must return after previous guests have checked out and the guest room has been cleaned. In some cases guests may be able to drop off luggage early and return to the apartment at a later time to check-in - this is to be negotiated with the hosts and communicated to Petite B&Bs at the time of booking.
- Check out is generally at 11.00 AM.
- Check in is generally at 3.00 PM
IX. Use of the name and address of the Host:
- Petite B&Bs reminds the Guest that the information given in the travel documentation and confirmation is strictly confidential and cannot be for any reason given to other people by penalty of prosecution.
- In no way is the Guest authorized to get in touch directly with his/her Host for a future stay by penalty of prosecution. The Guest must always contact Petite B&Bs to coordinate future stays in any exclusive Petite B&B home.
X. Check in and Check out:
- Check in is generally 2 or 3pm
- Check out is generally 10-11am (In Portugal checkout is generally 12pm - 2pm)
- Check in will be possible straight away if there are no Guests departing. If so, apartment will be available to the Guest in the afternoon after it has been prepared for you.
- Guests must advise their hosts directly of their arrival time 1 week prior to arrival to negotiate the precise arrival time.
- Departure of appointment must be before 11am. Otherwise next night rate will apply. If guests need a late departure they must request it at the time of booking. Our hosts are flexible and if possible they may be able to allow late departure without cost until about 2pm. This is not a guarantee as it depends on whether other guests will be arriving.
- Dropping luggage is possible at most B&Bs/Apartments for early arrivals.
XI. Termination Policy:
- We reserve the right to terminate without notice. any individuals stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others (please note that non compliance of our non smoking B&Bs may constitute termination). In such cases any outstanding amounts must be settled, no refunds will be made.
Guest will be liable for any damages incurred by the Guest during their stay in our home and will be responsible for paying for any repairs or replacement costs directly to us.
We strongly recommend that all Guests take out travel insurance to cover cancellation and consequential loss, personal injury and liability. Booking Fee Payments are non refundable and 100% balance payment is due for cancellations within 15 days of arrival. Refer to section V:‘Cancellation by the Guest’
XIV. Personal Items:
Personal items left behind in any B&B or apartment will be returned to guests at the cost of the standard postage. It is guests’ responsibility to advise Petite B&Bs of their forgotten item (hosts do not and will not advise Petite B&Bs of all the items guests leave behind in their homes). Guests must pay for the postage for the return of their items, and in some cases hosts charge an extra fee for the service and time. If guests do not claim their items within 3 month of departure hosts are not liable for lost items and items may no longer be in the B&B home. In the case of French law, accommodation and B&B services are not responsible for items left by guests and if they are left more than 3 months without any attempt to reclaim (whether it is through the host or the service) the host does not have to return the item.
- Non-adherence to any of the above-mentioned articles makes the Guest liable for immediate eviction from the accommodation without a refund of any amount paid by him/her as well as prosecution.
- Petite B&Bs cannot be held responsible in the case of requests for compensation or refunds, which stem from a relationship between the Guest and the Host. Only an inventory made jointly between the Host and the Guest executed at the time of the guests’ arrival can be used as admissible evidence in the event of a dispute between the two parties in a court of law.
- Petite B&Bs cannot be held responsible in the event of any loss of property, physical injury, or death sustained by the Guest during his/her stay at any Host’s home accommodation.