B&B QUALITY GUARANTEE
Petite Women B&Bs is a member of the Hôtes Qualité Paris set by the Paris City Council - the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau - who launched a quality of charter for Bed & Breakfast accommodations in 2005. This initiative aims to encourage interaction between Parisians and visitors to Paris while providing quality accommodation with local residents in Paris-style Bed & Breakfast rooms. The purpose of the "Hôtes Qualité Paris” charter is to define the notion of Parisian Bed & Breakfast based on the criteria of welcome, comfort and amenities. It also sets down the commitments of the Member Companies involved. Petite B&Bs is a member of the Hotes Qualite Paris
Petite B&Bs in Paris are inspected by their local Town Hall (Mairie) to meet the essential criteria before being registered as genuine Bed and Breakfasts and unlike other online services we also personally inspect all homes (Paris, Lisbon, Porto and Melbourne) regularly throughout the year in accordance to this B&B Charter. Please note we DO offer some private apartment rentals too though predominately we are a classic B&B service.
The Authentic B&B charter
- The host is helpful and provides a warm welcome.
- The host can communicate easily with all his visitors with basic to advance Knowledge of English and/or other foreign languages.
- The host knows his/her city and area very well and likes to help his visitors to discover the city. He/she can give advice about the transportation, the museums, the current exhibitions, as well as ideas about where to go shopping or eating in the surroundings.
- The host gives the key of his apartment to his visitors so that they can come and go as they wish.
- The host organizes himself so that his visitors can at least leave their luggage as soon as they arrive.
- The host has time to talk to his visitors every day if possible during breakfast or in the evening.
- The host commits to mention to Petite B&Bs and the members of the FPPCH any change occurred in his apartment or room since the last visit.
- The host commits to inform Petite B&Bs and the members of the FPPCH about any pollution either temporary (for instance restoration of the building) or permanent (for instance noise at night) if this pollution has not been detected during the visit.
- The guest room measures at least 10 sq.m.
- The guest room and the apartment are perfectly clean. The guest room can never be the lounge of the apartment.
- The guest room has at least one opening looking on to the outside.
- The bedding is very comfortable and in excellent state.
- For 2 persons the double bed measures usually at least approx. 140x190.
- For one person the bed measures is usually at least approx. 70x190. If the bed is less than 140 cm wide it is always indicated in the description and the bed will preferably be proposed as a single bed or for 2 children.
- The sofa beds will always be indicated as such and can be accepted under 2 conditions: Their comfort is irreproachable and they are presented by the host in bedding position.
- The room’s equipment includes at least a bedside table and lamp, a storage space for clothes, a bin, a chair and if possible a table and an armchair. The cupboard can exceptionally be located outside the room provided that it is used only by the guests and immediately accessible.
- The room’s decoration is warm, welcoming and tidy. There can be personal belongings such as books or frames provided that they can be considered as decorative objects.
- Maintenance: blankets, quilts, bedspreads and pillows, as well as towels all in good condition.
- The bed linen, the sheets and the towels (at least a bath sheet and a towel) are provided by the host and are changed at least every 4 days and always after each visitor.
- The bins in the room and in the bathroom are emptied daily.
- The bathroom can be shared or private, en-suite or not, and should be indicated as such.
- The bathroom is composed at least of a bath or a shower and a washbasin.
- The shared bathroom is cleaned daily and can be used by a maximum of 6 persons (hosts included). The private bathroom is cleaned at least every 4 days and always before any new arrival.
- Equipment: A space to hang out the bath sheets and towels of the visitors either in the bathroom if private or in the room if the bathroom is shared and a bin are provided.
- The breakfast is carefully prepared by the host and is a French or Portuguese style family breakfast. It includes at least coffee, tea, or hot chocolate and milk; fruit juice, fresh bread, butter and jams; and some local bread, buns, croissants or home made cakes for the visitor’s complete satisfaction.
- Breakfast is always generous and composed of quality and fresh products and the breakfast table is carefully laid and welcoming.